+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sent Cleric Stat Priority

Rift Disciple

Default Sent Cleric Stat Priority

With all the new crate gear, I am trying to get a better feeling on the optimal stat prioritization of PvP gear. I am especially looking for guidance of the choice between SP, Crit % and Crit Power. I generally prefer SP, Crit Power then Crit %, but also am trying to figure out how important it is to change Myrmidon gear that is already crit %. Let's just presume that the other stats on the gear are the same (I focus on Wisdom and End as an FYI), but am uncertain on the above Crit % vs. Crit Power.

I generally play the following two specs most often:

61 Sent / 11 Warden / 4 Pur
    61 Sent / 11 Cab / 4 Pur

I am grateful for your thoughts and rationale behind your opinion.

Thanks much,
    T

If you get any of the BIS SP or CP gear pieces from the Depleted boxes, use those to replace any of the SC gear.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    If you get any of the BIS SP or CP gear pieces from the Depleted boxes, use those to replace any of the SC gear.
    Thanks - can you let me better understand your reasoning? Why do you prefer Crit Power over Crit %? And how do you compare SP vs Crit Power?

Shadowlander

SP beats SC and CP as a) you want a reliable healing output, and every heal will benefit from the added SP (as nice as occasional lucky saves might be!), and b) non-crit heals are often sufficient to top someone off ie. wasting more of the returns from the stat.

CP over SC, though? I have no opinion on this, and am also curious as to the reasoning behind the advice. Thus far I've pretty much ignored both. Going to guess CP adds up to more overall healing but *shrug*

But be wary of doing anything that will lose you large amounts of endurance. Dead clerics don't heal, and in any case you'll know that the added HP adds to heals on cures and fullness. (I tend to play Sent 58 / Pur 13 / Jcar 5 simply for the added HP. Seems to serve me well enough, especially as I cant stand messing around with LoR. That Ward is useful too...)
    Last edited by Ruptin; 08-04-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ruptin View Post
    SP beats SC and CP as a) you want a reliable healing output, and every heal will benefit from the added SP (as nice as occasional lucky saves might be!), and b) non-crit heals are often sufficient to top someone off ie. wasting more of the returns from the stat.

CP over SC, though? I have no opinion on this, and am also curious as to the reasoning behind the advice. Thus far I've pretty much ignored both. Going to guess CP adds up to more overall healing but *shrug*

But be wary of doing anything that will lose you large amounts of endurance. Dead clerics don't heal, and in any case you'll know that the added HP adds to heals on cures and fullness. (I tend to play Sent 58 / Pur 13 / Jcar 5 simply for the added HP. Seems to serve me well enough, especially as I cant stand messing around with LoR. That Ward is useful too...)
    Thanks for your thoughts. I agree that a dead cleric doesn't help much which is why I have that Cab spec for Dark Passage. Have you tried the Cab spec vs the Jcar? Any feelings on whether the 10-15% extra health makes enough of a difference vs another cc break and teleport?

One thought about the Crit Power is that it helps when using a crit based spell like Flashover, but I don't usually have that spell, so it doesn't have any impact. And I certainly agree on the SP preference and share your reasoning.

But I cannot really get a feeling for why folks would prefer CP over Crit % and I am reluctant to make any gear changes that involve CP without better understanding the rationale.

The returns on stacking crit % are miniscule. It's not worth stacking on 3 equip slots just to gain 1% imo

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by digital shaman View Post
    The returns on stacking crit % are miniscule. It's not worth stacking on 3 equip slots just to gain 1% imo
    Interesting point - I compared two depleted supply crate warlord boots with the same stats, but one has CP and the other SC.

The Spell Crit (SC) boots gave an additional .56%
    The Crit Power (CP) boots gave an additional 1.9%

The difference will be magnified as the gear gets upgraded to Myr and then Relic, or we compare slots with greater stat allocations.

I tend to agree that I would rather have the CP in this case, but SP is still a pretty strong preference. I am not sure I would spend the resources to replace a SC relic piece with a CP piece however. CP looks even less appealing however if I am playing the spec which doesn't have 11 in warden as I lose 4-5% crit %...

My take away is that I can see the preference for CP, but SP is my strong preference over both CP and SC.

+ Reply to Thread