+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Lets improve... Conquest

Default Lets improve... Conquest

This thread isn't about whining how CQ is bad, if you want whine *points at the x in corner of your web browser*. If you got idea how to make CQ better, share it with us!

Some ideas:

Rewards:
    -> Remove random rewards in CQ chest and replace them with certain amount of Depled Infinity Shards and Warlord's Marks. Do I have explain why?
    -> Change favor and prestige gains for kills based on amount of allies around player, the more of them - the lesser rewards, the less of them - the higher rewards. Such change should promote playing in smaller groups to acomplish certain tasks.

Rules:
    -> Remove kill count. Set timer of each CQ to 50 mins and if a team acomplish objectives (65% in Stilmoor or 5000 Infinity Stepez) drop timer to 5 mins, after timer goes to 0, give players 10 minutes to battle for additional rewards (chest). This way CQ won't last more than 1 hour, so people who doesn't have much time won't be penalized.
    -> Reduce AoE dmg in CQ by 30%. Such change should promote other playstyles than just stacking AoE and brainless spamming in Zerg Trains...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    This thread isn't about whining how CQ is bad, if you want whine *points at the x in corner of your web browser*. If you got idea how to make CQ better, share it with us!

Some ideas:

Rewards:
    -> Remove random rewards in CQ chest and replace them with certain amount of Depled Infinity Shards and Warlord's Marks. Do I have explain why?
    -> Change favor and prestige gains for kills based on amount of allies around player, the more of them - the lesser rewards, the less of them - the higher rewards. Such change should promote playing in smaller groups to acomplish certain tasks.

Rules:
    -> Remove kill count. Set timer of each CQ to 50 mins and if a team acomplish objectives (65% in Stilmoor or 5000 Infinity Stepez) drop timer to 5 mins, after timer goes to 0, give players 10 minutes to battle for additional rewards (chest). This way CQ won't last more than 1 hour, so people who doesn't have much time won't be penalized.
    -> Reduce AoE dmg in CQ by 30%. Such change should promote other playstyles than just stacking AoE and brainless spamming in Zerg Trains...
    No. Remove conquest from game to improve game.

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post
    No. Remove conquest from game to improve game.
    I like this human. She understands!

I would honestly put up with conquest, and maybe have fun if the game could run it well at least.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I would honestly put up with conquest, and maybe have fun if the game could run it well at least.
    That and more small encounters. I guess that would require more pve though :/
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by DrkC View Post
    That and more small encounters. I guess that would require more pve though :/
    World PvP had PvE attached to it, so I don't think its issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    World PvP had PvE attached to it, so I don't think its issue.
    I suppose you're right, all RIFT PVP is PVE centric anyways....
    Last edited by DrkC; 08-04-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Leave Stillmoor as is. I'm not going to say its great but it is popular among the CQ fans.

Steppes is where Trion can and should experiment with playstyle more. Here are some of my thoughts:

-The stones should spawn in a central location on the map. They will still need to be cleansed at the forts. Think Stockpile Black Garden.

-The forts should have domination style capture points with manable turrets. Extractors remain neutral but could become death traps.

-The storm legion area in the southwest of the PVE map could spawn pilotable mechs that can destroy extractors as well as dish lots of damage to players. Pilotable airships could spawn on the eastern coast. Destroying extractors would reward points. Ascended could repair extractors a limited amount of times.

-Siege gates could be incorporated in some way. Dream generators could play some part in it.

Ideally, I envision Storm Legion mechs and airships being utilized for siege style warfare by Dominion forces while Nightfall and Oathsworn battle it out in the middle for source stone, maintaining fort control, upgradeable defenses and/or spawning npc's.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

There is already a group of people from this community that have approached Trion with potential changes to IS CQ. Trion would be unable to realistically make any significant changes until the next xpac. For the time being we just need to bite the bullet and push for changes in the next xpac or a patch or 2 into the next xpac. Never set yourself up for failure and expect Trion to take our feed back and make instantaneous changes.....you won't be happy by the results as your putting unrealistic expectations on Trion.

Just my 2 copper to those who want change now.....look at how long it took to get arena and PvP dimensions.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Plane Touched

Rewards #2 is already like that i think.

There's a buff you get that increases your gains when you're near many allies... battle ready I think is what it's called

or am I just completely wrong about this

Ascendant

I would scrap Conquest in its current state entirely.

Make it a 2 team game that is based upon siege based gameplay.

You have Team A and Team B.
    Every 10 minutes, the two teams will swap between defenders and attackers.

The objective is to break down two gates each worth 100 points each.
    Player kills are worth 2 points each.

The game last 40 minutes, with each side having 2 turns as defender/attacker each.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Plane Touched

Personally I'm against participation trophies. You should either win or lose. I think CQ chest is well done idea, and the randomness / rarity of RIC makes the reward very exciting. One thing I would fix in CQ is ability to join at timer. Not gonna lie, when I'm not on premade, I often try to "luck" myself into a winning side during timer. I think it's wrong and it needs to go.

Random rewards for PvP progression is never good. While I like the idea of fighting over a chest, it is silly that we run around all game (unless in a premade) basically trying to avoid fighting so we can cap extractors and the only real PvP comes after timer during the last 10 min the winning team has to loot the chest.

The entire match should be PvP with little to no emphasis on controlling extractors. Screw the chest and award depleted cells at the end to the winning team and do away with the randomized loot.

There are a ton of suggestions we could throw out, the issue is we need someone to not only listen, but then follow up and tell us their plans and give the players a lot of time to test and provide further feed back.

Plane Touched

It puzzles me why teams run around and frantically cap extractors during mid-game in CQ. These pointless actions, however, shouldn't be blamed on extractors being there, but on players who choose to play like that. PMs often disregard extractors until few hundred kills, then try to maneuver their positions for a 5-minute win. There is actually quite a bit of thought involved in that, and you can sense the difference between a good lead who strategizes and bad lead who just calls out points.

Believe me I have run with plenty of PM's to know their strategies and how they play. The point isn't that you can choose to run around trying to push the 65% cap or going head to head with the other factions, its that the choice exists at all. This is PvP and we should be directed to participate in PvP, not supplied with some cheesed up PvE extractor capping mini game. Again there are plenty of ways to fix this, we just need to work with Trion to achieve change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast