+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LeCreaux
  • 1 Post By TedO

Thread: CC broken?

Default CC broken?

Today I've been chain CC'd in every warfront with seemingly no immunity to it. Is something broken?

Ascendant

What kind of CC? Depending what it was its not subject to the current DR format. For example roots and snares.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-03-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    What kind of CC? Depending what it was its not subject to the current DR format. For example roots and snares.
    Total stuns. I've had several players do it, including bards with their no-cooldown shout. Soon as I come loose, total stun again just like a PvE mob. Something is broke.

It may seem broken but only a hand full of people should be able to do that to you. Most people will waste their abilities when your immune to cc.
    Kvoo AKA Lilkvo
    Buff Defilers now!!!
    I prevented your Kill with my Heal!
    --Godlike Awesomeness-- :: Deepwood (US)

Happens all the time to me... deli followed by deli, followed by deli.

I had something similar happen to me yesterday. I was stunned, pressed 'break free', broke free and I was instantly stunned again for another 3seconds, no 'break free' immunity. It might be me idk....It's been a while since I last played Rift so I'm sorta, kinda like not totally familiar with all the changes and classes and specs just yet....but yeah getting chain stunned even after using break free = most likely something's broke.
    Last edited by toodles; 08-06-2014 at 01:37 PM.

CC is very broken unless you're one of those stun machine classes churning out kills every 15 seconds, then everything is fun, normal, and balanced.

I thought it was just me....I seem to be getting chain stunned alot more since I returned.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    I had something similar happen to me yesterday. I was stunned, pressed 'break free', broke free and I was instantly stunned again for another 3seconds, no 'break free' immunity. It might be me idk....It's been a while since I last played Rift so I'm sorta, kinda like not totally familiar with all the changes and classes and specs just yet....but yeah getting chain stunned even after using break free = most likely something's broke.
    This happened to me last night. Seems stun Immunity flag isn't working properly.

Also pyro new stun scortch isn't applying the 45s immunity, that could be what is causing this issue, and allowing to be stunned with immunity up. Will need to test.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Haven't done any warfronts since maintenance this week to see if it corrected itself. Basically what I was experiencing was endless PvE-like back-to-back full stuns by single players spamming the same spell. For example bards were able to spam Verse of Captivation (instant shout, no cooldown) and keep me perma-stunned just like a PvE mob. I'm no expert on mages and clerics, but there was a spell casters were using to do the same thing.

The outcome was that you could move for maybe a second and be CC'd again...indefinitely.

+ Reply to Thread