+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Wrastion

Thread: PTS Warrior Changes

Champion of Telara

Default PTS Warrior Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd
    On PTS currently:Paragon: Shifting Blades Damage reduced to 20/40/60% based on combo points used. Tempest:Arc - Damage reduced to 20/40/60% based on combo points used. Removed the 50% damage reduction in PVP.Warlord:Reverted change to Battle Surge and Tactical Surge that was on PTS. With these changes, Tempest, Warpest, Paragon and Paralord all fall into a much better range when compared to other ranged and melee souls. There is still work to be done with Paragon, Tempest, and Warlord to address their scaling issues when compared to other souls as well but this is a step in the right direction. Kervik has some changes coming down the pipe as well so when these go live, we should see a much smaller variance in top dps specs between callings.As always, you can PM me directly if you don't want to discuss this openly on the forums. In the meantime, I encourage all of you to jump on PTS and try them out.
    It sounds like the direct Warlord mechanical nerfs are being pulled back and he is going to try to address the scaling issues for Paragon/Warlord/Tempest. This sounds like a good idea. I am not sure what else Kervik has in his queue besides Pyro (which honestly sounds bad for PvP) since he never really communicates until he is about to put something on PTS.

Finaly Tempest will *** back.

Ascendant

The changes are completely pve based. We wont know how things will pan out for pvp until they let it loose, like any other soul changes since they are pve based.

The pvp changes are afterthoughts and blanket changes; not individualized for pvp balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    The changes are completely pve based. We wont know how things will pan out for pvp until they let it loose, like any other soul changes since they are pve based.

The pvp changes are afterthoughts and blanket changes; not individualized for pvp balance.
    QFT. They'll probably screw mechanics for few playable souls left, look for fixes for months, nerf something & something more to cover up for it and will nerf some more to cover up the problems new nerfs bring.

Long story short, as long as PvE is the priority, PvP will get worse & worse. This never failed since launch. To help people who fight the same mechanics and funny AI over & over weekly, they ruin the mechanics for people who play dynamic PvP.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post

Probably not a big deal as people are trying to make it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Probably not a big deal as people are trying to make it out to be.
    Depends on your perspective. I have 3 90s and a r81 mage sooo...i can make/play the fotm souls or niche souls to my hearts content.

I.e. If i get tired of being stomped and not healed on my warrior i can go rogue and stealth around, or jump on my cleric and heal hopeless dps. Not everyone has said luxury, which makes certain rock paper scissors souls super frustrating. The rock paper scissors isnt at all balanced either (some souls are like rock and paper combined and are still resistant to scissors), let alone random team makeup. Not going to lie rogue is the most non frustrating soul due to stealth. Wf going bad? Just gank people til its over and feel good about yourself.

Sin OP in blighted chamber btw.

Edit: 3.0 will be a joke. Im wondering with the increasing lack of pvp attention how many completely broken souls well have. Physician will look like a punching bag.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-03-2014 at 09:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread