+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Crit Power?

Default Crit Power?

So how does crit power really works in game is it worth it? welcome to hear everyone post
    Last edited by Xgame; 08-02-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Crit Power is bonus damage equal to percentage of Crit Power you have.

Lets say you have 50% Crit Power, when you land a Critical Hit... the damage of that Critical Hit is amplified by 50%

I have a formula somewhere on my PC, but I doubt you are that interested in math behind it.

On your question does it work, yes it works just fine.

Default <3

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    Crit Power is bonus damage equal to percentage of Crit Power you have.

Lets say you have 50% Crit Power, when you land a Critical Hit... the damage of that Critical Hit is amplified by 50%

I have a formula somewhere on my PC, but I doubt you are that interested in math behind it.

On your question does it work, yes it works just fine.
    What i meant was is it worth to build alot of crit power compare to good stat gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgame View Post
    What i meant was is it worth to build alot of crit power compare to good stat gear.
    if you dps, yes
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    if you dps, yes
    *If you're DPS, with abilities that can force crit, crit-bonus over a duration or have a high crit rate in general... then yes, crit power is for you.
    --BC

That depends. If you are a dps then yes, you should aim to reach the Crit Power cap (1300 points if I'm not mistaken), and then focus on Attack/Spell Power as a stat on your gear.

Now there are other souls, like healers which benefit more from raw Attack/Spell power rather than CP.

Also Bards use full AP gear, not sure about Oracle's tho because they have shields unlike Bards which have healing ability's.
    Last edited by Hacknwack; 08-02-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Default <3

I liked how everyone has their point in crit power. Many players think that in pvp crit power is the best but, in my opinion you have to have the right spec and crit chance in order to benefit from crit power. Everyone make a valid point i enjoy more opinions from other

Ascendant

Most souls lose crit % for crit power. If you dps, and you get inherently high crit % talented or from buffs, or can force crit on a relatively decent cd, then crit power is the way to go. Keep in mind a few select souls seem to greatly benefit from this over the others, which is completely unbalaced. Its still a fact though.

Also consider in these heal heavy times burst is king, and while losing endurance and crit % to stack crit power wont make you duel-tastic, it will help make you one of the few that can burst down those healers.

Stating your regularly played soul is a better way to get a more accurate answer.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-03-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Most souls lose crit % for crit power. If you dps, and you get inherently high crit % talented or from buffs, or can force crit on a relatively decent cd, then crit power is the way to go. Keep in mind a few select souls seem to greatly benefit from this over the others, which is completely unbalaced. Its still a fact though.

Also consider in these heal heavy times burst is king, and while losing endurance and crit % to stack crit power wont make you duel-tastic, it will help make you one of the few that can burst down those healers.

Stating your regularly played soul is a better way to get a more accurate answer.
    there is a very limited amount of phys/spell crit on pvp gear though, for every 3 crit pieces you sacrifice you're only losing about 1-1.5% crit chance. compare that to gaining 200 crit power from those same pieces and you can see how crit power comes out ahead.

the stat weight for phys/spell crit only really starts to out pace ap/sp once you're at the crit power cap.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

IF u are paragon\shaman then stack CP and be a badass in pewVpew...

everyone knows that there are no good shamans in rift since hikos quit!!!1
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    That depends. If you are a dps then yes, you should aim to reach the Crit Power cap (1300 points if I'm not mistaken), and then focus on Attack/Spell Power as a stat on your gear.

Now there are other souls, like healers which benefit more from raw Attack/Spell power rather than CP.

Also Bards use full AP gear, not sure about Oracle's tho because they have shields unlike Bards which have healing ability's.
    Bard uses CP gear since recent changes.

You can increase your crit chance with consumables like:

1. http://rift.magelo.com/en/recipe/112...itical-Strikes
    2. http://rift.magelo.com/en/recipe/702...f-Spellstrikes
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Default :)

I never really run into trouble in a war fronts. You only run into trouble when there is no heal being put out or your alone in a 1v5 And does cp help there maybe but you will die too lol. Everyone dies in rift

Ascendant

In PvP you need a really high base/talented crit chance for CP to be amazing, but even with a lower crit chance you'll still get some decent hail Mary crits.

In PvP I've always preferred the balanced stats approach, that -10% crit from pa leads me to aim for a blend of SP and CP, while maintaining higher HP. That's how I geared in WAR as well.

To answer the original question: crits deal 150% of base damage with no crit power, you can add up to 50% more for double damage crits using the crit power stat, soul specific buffs and talents can go past this cap, which is only enforced for what you gt from the stat.
    Last edited by Caldern; 08-05-2014 at 06:50 AM.

So how does crit power really works in game is it worth it? welcome to hear everyone post
    I was never good with math, so don't mind my completely Layman's terms. I believe in the equation for how damage is calculated, that the spot where crit powers weight is factored in, makes it a much heavier stat than most, and makes having it pump your damage hits up pretty swiftly. I feel like a newb, I used to know all this junk for other games. But in a nutshell, I think CP is in a good part of the equation and promotes good results when you have it and drop a crit.

Like if you get AP, ya, your non crit hits will go up, and your crit hits will go up higher as well too. It's not like AP has no effect on critical hits. But if you use CP, given reasonable amount exchanges - yeah - your regular hits won't go up, bit your critical hits will go up much better than if you were to have used the AP. For Rogues at least, I think we try to aim for the CP having a rather massive blow-out compared to the AP if we replace it. I prefer to replace crit chance with CP items that have high base stats. That way almost no DPS is lost really for PvP. I will replace an item for sure if it's a blow out compared to an AP item. Like I don't often just go around on a whim replacing AP items with equal amounts of CP for the slot. But if one item has like a blow-out amount of CP compared to the common amount of AP found, I go for the CP. Like my 2 relic rings (35ap, and 58cp). I think those are both the highest stat items from boxes for those rings, so I got one of each of the good stats. But commonly, most the rings don't have 35ap, so it's a blow-out CP wise. So that is the one I choose.

I know AP is important for Rogues because many talents increase it by a %. But you can also view this that it lets us get by on lower AP too. However, I do not let my AP/Veng slip, compare it with any other player and it may be less but it probably isn't destroyed in the same spec. Lots of my good specs have a base of ~20% crit chance with some talents or other passive procs pushing certain crit chances 25 - 30%+. So the CP works great for those specs. If anything I've noticed CP the most with Sin. It crits a ton. I've really noticed the damage of my poison crits step it up. But as I said, I've tried to mostly ditch crit chance for CP, and keep higher base stats as replacements so my crit chance doesn't slide to much and I get minor addition to my AP. Though I have seen people with much higher base crit than me (3 - 5%, which is a decent amount on stats alone).

2628/2058 is the AP I have still in sin spec. Then the 1003cp with the proc running. Keeping it all fairly balanced and picking up a solid chunk of CP (it will only go up if I get CP shoulders in a box, upgrade a CP cape, or get identical greater essence procs with CP instead) is what keeps things rocking best IMO. I've pulled off some pretty wicked serious of ganks in CQ with just pure damage alone. 1 v I lose count. Of course they usually come 1 at a time like they do in a perfect fighting movie. Sometimes the second come when the prior is almost dead! But yes, I think it makes for a good result. For a while I tried to ignore AP and go for CP - yuck - you have to watch your AP. If you go all AP, you won't go bad. I've done all AP and it works and will always work good with Rogues. But keeping a good balance, replacing the right items, and having the patience to hold out for the high quality CP items is worth it. I notice my overall gain of CP, esp during moments when I've gained a lot at once, a lot. If it feels too close, stick with AP. If it looks like a stat blow-out, grab he CP. And drop crit chance gear for CP items with far superior base stats. I still keep a crit chance item or two though ;).
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast