+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What you want from depleted crates

Default What you want from depleted crates

I was really curious about the odds of getting items, such as greater essences and the shield pvp trinket, as well as all the other different types. Lately I only mostly seem to get junk. I really hate rng progression and am not really obsessed with getting bis;however, it would be nice to steadily progress to bis it were possible. Therefore, there really needs to be another fairer alternative besides these crates. I swear! you could open 1000 of them and still not get what you want from them. I wish the odds for each item were made available! though that would probably be bad marketing

These boxes are so annoying because they can't be ignored! the total amount of stats you gain from the bis pieces of armor,runes,essences and accessories if you get them is substantial. Has anyone compiled a list yet of what is in these depleted boxes? Truthfully I wish relic/rng gear was never introduced. Instead some more plat or items not linked to pvp progression would be way better to get more people to play (even more so on fairer grounds) and maybe more smaller scale warfronts (8v8 or 10v10)
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Consistent upgrades, not consumables and dimension keys; dropping 1800 marks for no valuable return is ridiculous. Gearing up and getting to p90 is a painful process because of this sh*t.

But in general, RnG is trash for PvP rewards. It always has been and always will be.

I like the boxes. There's some "useless" items, but then again it feel much better when I get something nice. Only thing I don't like, is that 2 of my alts got Fluffy from it and not my main...

I hope they stick around for after 3.0 and new ranks!

Champion of Telara

I haven't really kept track. I end up salvaging most of the item drops. I don't mind a stack of consumables when they are useful. It's pretty much a slap in the face to get the +300 Mana stones though. There are a few really, really good runes, and I have probably swapped a lot of crit gear in. I have only had one trinket drop and it was a healing one, so i didn't use it. I have a lot of essences from them and 2 DiCs so far, almost a third.

Telaran

150+ of those opened so far. No mount, no pvp trinkets, no upgraded "a la great hunt" essenses. Only crap, more crap, and even more crap.

I've lucked out with everything BUT healing greaters and trinkets. Haven't had a single one drop for me.

- BIS SP Mace, Offhand and Wand
    - BIS CP Mace, Offhand
    - BIS CP Hammer
    - BIS CP Cape, Legs, Feet, Ring
    - BIS SP Helm, Shoulders, Gloves
    - PVP Mount
    - BIS CP greaters and CP lessers

I'm not sure I want the healing greaters just because of the loss of endurance (ya'll know I love muh HP) and the shielding trinket would be nice but it's a slight loss of endurance even if the shield proc is a little better than what I have now.

These boxes are great... I only seems to get some lousy artifacts,physical crit essences/gear or non bis useless pieces of gear (1 less stat) some crappy rng consumables get 1handed when I use 2 handed as my main. This useless rng has got to go. Seriously I bet I would have to open 100 to get something decent only junk these days (not like I really care since there is no exclusive competitive content, but anyway).
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I've lucked out with everything BUT healing greaters and trinkets. Haven't had a single one drop for me.

- BIS CP Mace, Offhand
    - BIS CP Hammer
    - PVP Mount

I'm not sure I want the healing greaters just because of the loss of endurance (ya'll know I love muh HP) and the shielding trinket would be nice but it's a slight loss of endurance even if the shield proc is a little better than what I have now.
    Greaters have custom stats as well (except the proc) so you can get greater healing with 73 endurance, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Greaters have custom stats as well (except the proc) so you can get greater healing with 73 endurance, etc.
    And lose out on the secondary stat? Not worth it.

Ascendant

- BIS CP Mace, Offhand
    - BIS CP Hammer
    - PVP Mount

Got two of the healing greaters, but i shelved my cleric. Go figure. Lol

i liked the game a lot more without the bis gear as rng. At least then i knew i was on equal footing gear wise if i put on the time. Even though i pvp a lot the grind got to me and i have no relics and not nearly the bis runes or upgrade paths or any ridiculous stuff requiring multiple cores.

Someone who pays will have a gear advantage over someone who doesnt at this point. Now i didnt say skill doesnt always play the biggest part, but gear wise, no its not equal anymore whereas it used to be.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-05-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Dunno if its my luck but so far I've opend 6 crates:

1h sword CP
    1h axe CritChance
    Helmet CP
    Ring CP
    Neck CP
    Greater Essence (dunno if its BiS) coz the proc does 300dmg, and heals me for 500hp...

and I'm R69 >.>

Atm, i want gloves and feet. Then ill be like ewww rng boxes.

Shield of Telara

I like the crates; I can make different sets of gear now that focus on different stats. Mainly a cp/ap set and an ap set, but I'll make a crit chance set too eventually
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Prophet of Telara

And lose out on the secondary stat? Not worth it.
    who cares about secondary stat lol? i will rather 30 endurance instead of 30 secondary stat (if im for surviality gear in the first place)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

I will report back when the game lets me in....almost have all I could want though I think. Besides the redundant things I can never use enough of.

I know I wouldn't mind some CP versions of my greaters, and boxed shoulers/feet would be nice, as they are the only vendor items (Myr shoulders, but ugh, relic feet). Other than the NF cloak (which has a better CP version with equal base stats waiting in the bank to become priority), the rest of the stuff is relic stuff that came from boxes. Pretty much am sporting a hand picked itemized relic toon for PvP.

Will have to figure out what I missed when the game fires up again. Guess I wouldn't mind superior stat CP weapons but, I did the ol stat reconfigure the day it came out and made my weapons all 54cp weapons. So I will have to hold out for some really nice weapons to replace those.

I'd give you my second mount if I could Cup. That thing is so ugly, I sure hope you want it just to have it. It will deplete (pun intended) your toons sexiness if you ride it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-06-2014 at 08:13 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast