+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What you want from depleted crates

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    And lose out on the secondary stat? Not worth it.
    You can get away with it maybe with 1 or 2 items. But that number will start adding up and without need, start dropping your crit chance and AP. To be frank, I see wearing items without the secondary stat as being impatient in waiting to get the non ghetto version. I get that they have more HP. But the disparity of how much more they have I just don't think is worth decking ones self out in that gear.

Because then you will have to pay more attention to real crit chance items. CP is our new hot feature itemized stat, the biggest blunder someone could make is to destroy their crit chance when it is being offered at levels allowing us to take it over 1k in PvP settings.

I said it when boxes first came out. It is cool because they will allow us to cater our toons performance much more in tune with how we desire it to be. But I also said the cool part that will unfortunately occur, is since gear up is free will, these boxes have given people the opportunity to use free will to actually make their toon worse off. Naw, you couldn't go wrong when there was only 1 option. But now, you can go very wrong and some do >.>
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-06-2014 at 08:18 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You can get away with it maybe with 1 or 2 items. But that number will start adding up and without need, start dropping your crit chance and AP. To be frank, I see wearing items without the secondary stat as being impatient in waiting to get the non ghetto version. I get that they have more HP. But the disparity of how much more they have I just don't think is worth decking ones self out in that gear.
    The ~only~ time I even use the gear with no secondary stat is on my alts (mage/war) to just get the 4pc synergy bonus or to fill an essence slot. The second I get the currency to get an item with main/secondary stat, I'm ditching that piece.

It's not even worth it just to gain a minimal amount of endurance in comparison to the default PVP pieces and the BIS CP/SP/AP Depleted pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    The ~only~ time I even use the gear with no secondary stat is on my alts (mage/war) to just get the 4pc synergy bonus or to fill an essence slot. The second I get the currency to get an item with main/secondary stat, I'm ditching that piece.

It's not even worth it just to gain a minimal amount of endurance in comparison to the default PVP pieces and the BIS CP/SP/AP Depleted pieces.
    This is exactly why I dubbed the gear that is missing the secondary stat "ghetto gear". I agree though, only time I would use it would be drastic measures (like you said, getting a 4pc) or if I am really replacing a god-awful slot.

Like I said, you can get away with doing it with 1 or 2 pieces IMO. But make a habit of it and I don't have much faith in the results.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-06-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

they need to add cosmetic items to the crates, like anime style 2h swords 3x the size of your character

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    they need to add cosmetic items to the crates, like anime style 2h swords 3x the size of your character
    I wouldn't mind more cosmetics. It actually just dawned on me. Since most ppl seek them out for performance items, it would be cool for those who simply want cosmetic items, or those who have done their main performance item progression, to opt to have a higher chance to receive some unique cosmetics. They made a unique mount, surely they could make unique cosmetics. I just wouldn't want it to take place of the real loot people seek. Perhaps just make them an additional drop chance instead of the twisted way I came up with.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

What I would like is that with every box I open that consists of useless manastones, to receive an additional note that says "We're sorry".
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Belorian View Post
    What I would like is that with every box I open that consists of useless manastones, to receive an additional note that says "We're sorry".
    Seriously, that is the most useless PoS ever. Also, how many mage sets are there because only two pieces seem to be worth using out of two plus sets so far, weapons are the worse. Trading the wrong traits imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

i want them to disappear, idk i dont work in the real life to put my money in scratch tickets i prefer not to do the same in an MMO. give me a goal for progression and let me earn it with skill and time played not luck

crates should drop cosmetics and cosmetics only for cool funny wardrobes that people can spend money on if they want. that, mounts and dyes. nothing that improves the play of your character

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    crates should drop cosmetics and cosmetics only for cool funny wardrobes that people can spend money on if they want. that, mounts and dyes. nothing that improves the play of your character
    Lets add Battledyez to crates!

The consumables are spiffy thought. Fancy having an extra 15% run speed (WL insoles).
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Prophet of Telara

Remove the BIS gear and Runes/Trinkets, replace them with new mounts every month, new wardrobe items, chance at high end dyes, ECT. Trions biggest profit off the cash shop is dimension builders and fluff buyers anyway, people would still buy the boxes.

This lottery style of gearing up for pvp is atrocious. GL keeping returning players and new players when 3.0 comes out, "oh this crap is still in the game? see ya"
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 08-06-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Remove the BIS gear and Runes/Trinkets, replace them with new mounts every month, new wardrobe items, chance at high end dyes, ECT. Trions biggest profit off the cash shop is dimension builders and fluff buyers anyway, people would still buy the boxes.

This lottery style of gearing up for pvp is atrocious. GL keeping returning players and new players when 3.0 comes out, "oh this crap is still in the game? see ya"
    3.0 Cash Shop Inventory Schedule
    Day 1: PVE/PVP xp/loot gain pots, Mounts, Wardrobe, Fluff.
    Day 30: Anything you should have earned in the preceding 29 days.
    Day 60: Mounts, dungeon armor set
    Day 120: Everything T1 or lesser, first pvp set
    Day 180: Everything T2 or lesser, second pvp set
    Day 240: An actual one shot class
    Day 270: Souls of the Interns
    Day 360: Nudes of the Dagster
    Day 361: Domain name, everyone's email address

<3 Rift
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Well, holyyyy ****e. I just got the BIS Deepstone greater.

In other news, WHY U FIX THE ABILITY TO GO OVER MARK CAP. =.=

Plane Touched

I'm not against lottery style drop. It makes opening crates much more exciting. The problem is that warlord "starter" gear and high-end runes/essences are all bundled in the same crate, and therefore made available for both marks or credits. I'd rather see two types of crates, one with catch-up gear, available for marks or credits, and another with high-end stuff available for marks only.

Got a RIC from weekly patron gift. How's that for RNG. I feel dirty
    Last edited by Lothi; 08-07-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    I'm not against lottery style drop. It makes opening crates much more exciting. The problem is that warlord "starter" gear and high-end runes/essences are all bundled in the same crate, and therefore made available for both marks or credits. I'd rather see two types of crates, one with catch-up gear, available for marks or credits, and another with high-end stuff available for marks only.

Got a RIC from weekly patron gift. How's that for RNG. I feel dirty
    You should have more RiCs than you can use anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast