+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Are PvE trinkets still superior in warfronts?

Default Are PvE trinkets still superior in warfronts?

So I looted this lovely Shattered Winds DPS trinket from one of the PVP boxes and thought this would give me some advantage in PVP. When testing it in warfronts I noticed the proc, which states does around 3100 - 3800 damage on the target, only hits for around 900 something and seems to be affected by valor.

While I'm aware this is completely normal for PVE trinkets that saw their proc nerfed in warfronts, I'm quite surprised this change also affected PVP trinkets from boxes. Considering the stats on these trinkets are far inferior than the PVE ones, is there even a point still in wearing these PVP trinkets or am I better off grabbing my PVE stuff? I still have Twyl's Facade and the iDH absorb trinket gathering dust, and so far it seems they're still superior since aside from the proc, they dont get bolstered in warfronts.
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

short answer: yes
    long answer: yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

The funny part is, the vendor ones were around forever....and they finally introduce all these new ones to pvp'ers with boxes and they are all sub-par. The shattered winds one sucks for a DPS role. Have it and tried it, not worth it at all. I even saw the shield trinket in action, it's a joke. My sin utterly shred through it so fast. Not worth wearing that much really unless you are a healer.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Wait until you see T3 Trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Rift Chaser

That's kind of odd that the pvp trinkets stated damage is nerfed by valor. I'm still using the pvp heal trinket, and when it procs it does so for the stated value, making me feel like an actual healer for a split second. Then I remember I'm running Liberator and should just reroll rogue :P
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    I don't believe you realize how hard it is to get a red trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    There will be PvPers who spend whatever time/money it takes to get them whatever advantage they can.

They should disable PvE procs/activates during PvP.

Champion of Telara

As far as Trinkets go, I've just gone back to the Karthan one. I don't really see the point of giving up stats now to go with Twyl's nerfed damage. I've never tried to farm the shield ones, but I'd think at this points procs are all mostly pointless and stats should be prioritized.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Those are the only trinkets/gear really in the game that has had me somewhat impressed. Those are really well made items.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    This is why I liked dabbling in Eq2 PvP a it when I played. Being a top end raided, I had some WW1st discoveries on some of the sickest mage lewtz. I literally could sometimes walk into a PvP game being the only mage in the game with X item and totally take advantage of it. I remember the day I disco'd this awesome weapon that had an AoE proc that hit ridiculously hard. I'd just wipe crowds so much faster with it.

I would totally be that person who puts time into raiding just to get a few items that are rare, but give major advantages. Shoot, if I got those trinkets, I'd be inspired to start PvPing if I didn't just because MMO's are all about having good stuff people don't. It would be fun being of the few people in the PvP field sporting those powerhouse trinkets and being a good player on top of it all.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-02-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    They should disable PvE procs/activates during PvP.
    PVE procs are nerfed in PVP so the only difference are the stats itself. Yadda yadda.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    PVE procs are nerfed in PVP so the only difference are the stats itself. Yadda yadda.
    I will just cherish the day they undo the heavy nerf-hammer they took to the PvP lockbox trinkets. Damn those were so sexy for being willing to take a performance stat drop. The AoE trinket rocked house for AoE specs. The absorb shield was more powerful than now. The DoT stacking proc might actually not suck. The heal 3 target proc would actually be worth may wearing over the CQ heal trinket because it wouldn't be nerfed into a basically equal proc but with inferior stats.

I totally get the nerfs for PvE only trinkets. But C'mon, they destroyed our fancy new trinkets that came with more powerful procs in turn of sporting lower base stats - that came from PvP boxes. For PvP'ers sake, when those were at regular tool-tip power, they created a nice variety of choices for PvPers regarding trinket options. But right now, the variety is pragmatically not really there and the true choice is the CQ trinkets. The RNG loot with lower base stats and higher proc quality should out-perform the promised loot that comes from a vendor. Juuust saying. Right now, that's a bit 10-4 negative.

Make PvP box trinkets worth wearing in 2014!!!
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-02-2014 at 12:29 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    There will be PvPers who spend whatever time/money it takes to get them whatever advantage they can.
    Again, you REALLY, don't have a clue about how hard it is to get a red trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    How is Absorb Trinket 'nerfed' in PvP?
    You mean Valor? Well, it's still better than PvP one.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    How is Absorb Trinket 'nerfed' in PvP?
    You mean Valor? Well, it's still better than PvP one.
    I believe the absorb trinkets fall under the healing debuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast