+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: increasing CP

Telaran

Default increasing CP

Been in and out of the game and I've been reading posts about PVP'ers sporting 900+ cp. I'm a mix of WL and Myrm gear and I'm nowhere near that - probably around 200 or so.

I know the new faction capes give CP, as does the Intrepid Rune for the feet. The warlord/myrmy weapons can also been transmog'd or whatever into CP gear. But what else contributes to those massive CP numbers?

BIS CP PvP gear from RNG lockboxes.

Totally not pay to win. Nope. Not at all.

Champion of Telara

DSP Essences and replacement armor, mostly pieces that swap out SP/SC for CP. Mine runs around 950 when my greater fires up.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

For realz?

I guess I've been out of it for a while now but ... there's a myrmy chest piece with SC and vengeance. Then there's a corresponding myrmy chest piece with CP and vengeance obtainable only through the lockboxes? Does it upgrade to relic via RiCs? Still ... really?

Caeus, where does this replacement armor come from? Are they the lockbox drops?

Does your sigil/focus get normalized? Can I wear my bis PVE sigil and get procs/stats from it or does it get normalized to freelancer stats? FWIW, I do have a half WL/myrmy sigil ... but it has only 1 cp lesser.
    Last edited by spago; 08-01-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Champion of Telara

You can purchase them for credits or Warlord's Marks (1800) on the Rift store, they are called Depleted Supply Crates. I have not bought any with credits. It's best to save them until you are P90 and open them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    It's best to save them until you are P90 and open them then.
    And why would that be? These aren't level dependant like PvE boxes. I had several pieces of WL from these boxes already waiting when my alts hit P70

Quote Originally Posted by spago View Post
    For realz?

I guess I've been out of it for a while now but ... there's a myrmy chest piece with SC and vengeance. Then there's a corresponding myrmy chest piece with CP and vengeance obtainable only through the lockboxes? Does it upgrade to relic via RiCs? Still ... really?
    Yes, only through lockboxes. Yes, upgrades with RICs. Yes, really. It's so blatant that they didn't even bother trying to argue that it isn't pay to win.

If it's pay to win, how come I got CP (all upgraded to Myrmidon, 3 even to relic) on

* All 3 of my weapons
    * Shoulders
    * Chest
    * Legs
    * Feet
    * 1 Ring
    * 5 Essences

And I never spent a credit on them boxes. Also, I don't even finish all my weeklies every week, so it's not even much of a grind. On top of that, the dropped items are Warlord items, so you need to grind to upgrade them.

I love the boxes. I love doing PvP, then end it with opening the boxes and compare to my friends what we got.

I've been opening boxes on alts from when I was low rank. Saves me some work in upgrading Freelancer gear, as I'll have the bits ready when I hit rank 70.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    If it's pay to win, how come I got CP (all upgraded to Myrmidon, 3 even to relic) on

* All 3 of my weapons
    * Shoulders
    * Chest
    * Legs
    * Feet
    * 1 Ring
    * 5 Essences

And I never spent a credit on them boxes. Also, I don't even finish all my weeklies every week, so it's not even much of a grind. On top of that, the dropped items are Warlord items, so you need to grind to upgrade them.

I love the boxes. I love doing PvP, then end it with opening the boxes and compare to my friends what we got.

I've been opening boxes on alts from when I was low rank. Saves me some work in upgrading Freelancer gear, as I'll have the bits ready when I hit rank 70.
    Your luck is unreal, that's why. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Your luck is unreal, that's why. ;)
    My 13 dust covering Warlord's Weaponstones disagree with you

It's RNG, but it can be bought for currency I used to be drowning in before, it's fun.... and a tad addictive... and it has bounty artifacts!!!
    (and it made me PvP more again....)
    Last edited by Ailene; 08-01-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Yes, only through lockboxes. Yes, upgrades with RICs. Yes, really. It's so blatant that they didn't even bother trying to argue that it isn't pay to win.
    because its not.

firstly, the lockboxes can be purchased with in game currency as well as credits. not credits only.

secondly, acquiring all the gear does not grant skill.

the game is Free to Wait (grind) or Pay to Have it Sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

P.S. those trying to make the pay to win claim are merely buffhurt that someone else with more money than them can acquire items they want faster than they can. this is an unacceptable state of affairs for those suffering the buffhurt, as they have long been used to being the first to acquire new gear by virtue of playing the game 24/7 instead of working for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

You can get about 5 or 6 supply crates each week by completing your 3 weeklies and your 7 warfront charges, more if you are a patron or use any currency vials. How is that ptw?

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    You can get about 5 or 6 supply crates each week by completing your 3 weeklies and your 7 warfront charges, more if you are a patron or use any currency vials. How is that ptw?
    I do all that, as a patron, every week, and I have gotten 1 piece of CP gear ever, and lots of Witchstones, Manastones, and crit garbage. When gear progression is a gamble and the limit on gambling opportunities is defined by your disposable income rather than by playing the game, the game is pay to win. Your ability to obtain BIS gear is determined by how much money you spend. You can try to frame it as a "convenience" or "accelerated pace" all you want, but someone who spends money gets better gear than someone who doesn't, and the person who doesn't spend may never get it at all.

I'm just glad I'm a Mage and that the CP gear is garbage for me anyway.

is d3 not rng, yet people love it.

i wonder that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast