+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Why mage cant win in 1vs1?

Soulwalker

Default Why mage cant win in 1vs1?

I have a pyromancer 61 with some arbiter for defence. every time i play with rogue-warrior-cleric 1vs1 i cant low their life to 50%.I have see pyromancer with full myrmidon to die in 1vs1 from a rogue with freelancer.How that is balance when a rogue hit me 3500+ and mage hit 1400?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I have a pyromancer 61 with some arbiter for defence. every time i play with rogue-warrior-cleric 1vs1 i cant low their life to 50%.I have see pyromancer with full myrmidon to die in 1vs1 from a rogue with freelancer.How that is balance when a rogue hit me 3500+ and mage hit 1400?
    Pyro isn't designed to solo.

The specs that can actually duel generally kill too slow to be useful outside f dueling.

mage is the best 1v1 class in the game, just play the right specs

RIFT Guide Writer

This game is not balanced around 1v1. Devs have said that any number of times. Imo, it'd be nice if it was but it it would be hard to do.

Mages have the best duel specs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    You may want to see Meduza Pyro videos. They are better than ****.

It not mage, it's you. I suspect a poor rotation/use of cc on top of diluting a powerful dps spec with arbiter.

Plane Touched

buff everything
    nerf everything

wot?

Ascendant

Aside from dom i dont think any of the other mage specs pair well with arbiter in pvp.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Aside from dom i dont think any of the other mage specs pair well with arbiter in pvp.
    Don't have a mage but wouldn't Harbinger do pretty well paired with Arbiter for a tanky melee build?

Plane Touched

Best 1v1 spec that is completely useless in normal pvp (med dps, no burst, high sustain)

Compare that to rogues clerics and lolwars who duel on their useful specs.

Rogues especially have it easy ( except bad ones like bait spawlinmeduzalicker)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    stormcaller/arbiter is one of the best parsing pve specs(it out parses rogues and clerics), and it's incredibly easy to play. all you would lose for pvp is 16% dmg because of points in the arbiter soul, assuming they implemented that like they did for all the other tank souls, but you would end up with probably around 50k hp in full myrm.

Soulwalker

Mages are the #1 duelers in the game. There are 2 problems that you are probably having with 1v1's.

1) You're bad.

2) You're really, really bad.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by morepvp View Post
    Mages are the #1 duelers in the game. There are 2 problems that you are probably having with 1v1's.

1) You're bad.

2) You're really, really bad.
    3 you aint a gimped wf mage (glitches)

Champion of Telara

Pyro isn't a duel spec.

Plane Touched

Sorry new guy, but you picked the wrong calling for easy-mode PVP in RIFT.

For mages (and I guess cleric) DPS, you can't just put together a bunch of macros and expect to do well by spamming them. The learning curve for them compared to the likes of Assassin (rogue) or Warlord (warrior) is much higher, so if you are new and barely know your way around, you will be **** on.

Warrior/Rogue have a very systematic combat method for the most part - spam your builder abilities > use a finisher > repeat. Some souls are a bit more complicated like Bladedancer, but it does not deviate much. There is no such system for a caster, so if you don't know the optimal rotations to use your spells, you will not get much results (especially with all the heals going around).

Just do what most mages do.
    1) Play Dominator as a pure support, or
    2) Reroll Rogue/Warrior and faceroll

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast