+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: PvP'ers stats (how big is the disparity)

Default PvP'ers stats (how big is the disparity)

I hear nothing but gear moaning and groaning and how there is just too much disparity. So I want to see some real reportings. It has always bugged me you cannot inspect stats in this game as I was used to in my prior game. I like comparing, seeing what people prioritize, and generally how people gear up. Now that we have PvP boxes and a ton of options, we are not all clones of one another. By this time, months into it, I am sure many people have geared up in their own unique ways. So I make this thread to request to PvPers.

In your PvP gear setup (Take a spec you frequently play in PvP - don't re-do a spec and spec a bunch pf +ap talents or something just to look cool, simply use a spec you frequently use and maybe list what it is so people are aware of talents are playing into any of the numbers).

What is your crit power? (add in a feast if you use them all the time, and if you have the 88cp proc, add it in too, it is always up)

What is your AP/veng (how far down did you let these stats slide for your CP?)

What is your crit chance (this is what enables CP, I wonder how far people let this go down)

What is your HP pool (again, how far did you let your HP go down for higher performance stat gear)

So, in a nutshell if the longer winded version confused people, I am just curious now that we have the option to choose our own itemization path, what are peoples battle specs stats looking like.

Take a commonly played spec, list it, and share you CP/AP-Veng/crit chance/HP pool. I wonder where everyone has taken their toon now a days. I also wonder what the true disparity among all of us here is, and I want to see the numbers so I can really see if some players here are packing major amounts of stats over some players to the point where its obvious they have the upper-hand. Also, drop your PA #, it's just another line of power progression that plays into the image.

Have fun with it. I'd add in mine but I am literally getting another piece of gear this afternoon, will update later. So what is the true disparity of our stats, and what direction has everyone taken their toon with gear?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You created this thread so that you can post how awesome your gear is and how everyone else is terrible in their gear itemization. Just post something about EQ2 wizards and we can /endthread

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    You created this thread so that you can post how awesome your gear is and how everyone else is terrible in their gear itemization. Just post something about EQ2 wizards and we can /endthread

^ This.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    If that ends up being the truth so be it. I don't think there is near as much disparity as people talk about. Numbers don't lie. And gear power these days is up to perception. Some people choose to prioritize different stats to compliment their preferred style more.

edit: If everyone else is terrible, that is a problem that could be fixed. I have a bit more faith than that. I want to see where PvP'ers stand. My hypothesis is that we are probably all just about equal, just give or take in a few spots. And that this whole, massive gear disparity is hyperbole. I've done this with a few friends and we usually end up equal or one has more of X stat and another has more of Y. This is a bigger avenue though and the intention is to have more responses and answers. Like I said, numbers don't lie, and I think we are more equal than it's made out to be.

Like I'd personally want to see what nerfshot is rocking. He is the DPS who almost took 100p from me. What stat levels require the ability to do that pressure? Or will I learn that he just plays his toon better than people.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-01-2014 at 06:58 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Just go to Deepwood or Seastone (or whatever shard) Tempest Bay and inspect them. I'll see certain people dish out some good dps and then I'll inspect them later. At one point or another, they'll be in TB chilling.

That is the point of me making this thread. As I said, you used to be able to inspect people and virtually see the stat sheet we as individual players see on our toons. Right now you have to hope they don't change zones, and add up with a calculator (or old-school it up and write it down) and add it all up. With all the factors that go into it, it's easier to just have a player tell you those simple stats - CP (like with the things I mentioned), veng/ap/sp, crit chance, HP pool.

One of the most fun things to do around off time was checking out the good players and seeing their stats and if I had any chance to size up with them or if some people were just setup in gear arrangements that blew things out of the water with clever pairing.

No need to have anxiety, it's a number comparison thing and I guess e-peen waving if that's how you want to look at it. Either way, we're all playing an MMO fantasy, we progress our toons, and we are geeks. Might even take all the samples I get, if I get enough, and find out the average toon disparity based on what is reported. This is for fun, pragmatic reasons, and even the epeen wavers and hop in and actually made a viable contribution.

edit: trust me, when I'm bored, I inspect good players all day. I like to see how others go about it now that there are options. But this is easier and if people were not so cranky, could have a cool pool of info. Now I shall take a leave for a bit, just need like 60k favor for a hawt item and I have enough credit to grab a nice favor vial. So Brbz!

edit2: would even be interesting to see how some gear up as far as using 2 sets - 1 for DPS 1 for healing. I personally am still at the same gear for everything (minus a trinket change). I'd be interested to see how some war/rogues have a setup for say, Physician or Bard only playing.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-01-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Default I posted this last year but no way imma update it

Stats Nekkid or Baseline Stats (BS)
    Int 262
    Wis 120
    End 257
    SP 346
    SC 191
    Ven 180

Total Stats Merc
    Int 334
    Wis 225
    End 493
    SP 99
    SC 174
    Ven 259

Total Stats Merc + Baseline
    Int 596
    Wis 345
    End 750
    SP 445
    SC 365
    Ven 439

Total Stats Freelancer
    Int 364 8.9% inc > merc 5.0% inc > Merc+BS
    Wis 244 8.4% inc > merc 5.5% inc > Merc+BS
    End 531 7.7% inc > merc 5.0% inc > Merc+BS
    SP 107 8.0 % inc > merc 1.7% inc > Merc+BS
    SC 192 10.3% inc > merc 4.9% inc > Merc+BS
    Ven 286 10.4% inc > merc 6.1% inc > Merc+BS

Total Stats Warlord
    Int 389 16.4% inc > merc 6.8% inc > Free 9.2% inc > Mrc+BS 4.1% >FreeBS
    Wis 260 15.5% inc > merc 6.5% inc > Free 10.1% inc > Mrc+BS 4.6% >FreeBS
    End 567 15.0% inc > merc 6.7% inc > Free 9.8% > Mrc+BS 4.8% >FreeBS
    SP 115 16.1% inc > merc 7.4% inc > Free 3.5% > Mrc+BS 1.79%>FreeBS
    SC 200 14.9% inc > merc 4.1% inc > Free 7.1% > Mrc+BS 2.19%>FreeBS
    Ven 299 15.4% inc > merc 4.5% inc > Free 9.1% > Mrc+BS 2.9% >FreeBS

(inc > Mrc+BS) shows % increased from listed baseline stats + mercenary total stats added together.
    (>FreeBS) shows % increase from total freelancer stats + baseline stats added together.
    Both of these stats are important because they show the full value of the armor upgrades to your overall performance stats, as opposed to just showing the increased percentage of stats from one armor piece to the next. To truly see a piece of gears benefit you have to look at how it affects your baseline stats. For example, SP looks at first to be significant increases until you compare it to your baseline stats and it actually turns out to be a small increase.

See Warlord is less than roughly 10% ahead of mercenary, and barely even 5% over Free and thats being very generous with that statement. If your really asshurt and cant stand to be so far behind. Buy some credits and get all ur freelancer gear and the gap is so small at that point it isnt even really noticeable.

Landstalker,

Forumn PvP Jedi Master
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Since I am a scientist and can appreciate data gathering I'll share my stats.

P90 CLERIC- 4 PIECE MYRM, MYRM 2H WEP, REST WL GEAR, FL TRINKET, FL SEAL
    INQ-
    CP: 533
    SP/VEN: 4388/1549 (w/merc wp consumable, no feast)
    CRIT %: 12.62%
    HP: 29900

P90 MAGE- ZERO RELICS, WL NECKLACE AND RINGS, WL TRINKET, FL SEAL
    PYRO-
    CP: 461
    SP/VEN: 4336/1716 (w/ merc wep consumable, no feast)
    CRIT %: 24.77%
    HP: 26925

P8X ROGUE- WL GEAR, FL TRINKET, FL SEAL
    SIN-
    CP: 306
    AP/VEN: 2072/1502 (w/merc wep consumable, no feast)
    CRIT %: 20.96%
    HP: 26180

P90 WARRIOR- ZERO RELICS, WL RING, FL TRINKET, FL SEAL
    PARA-
    CP: 784
    AP/VEN: 2933/1775 (w/merc wep consumable, no feast)
    CRIT %: 15.37%
    HP: 32390

PS: I'm free to wait and lol @ CQ.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

Heres a link to the thread I posted last year.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...increases.html
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Ascendant

Land, can you add full lustrous runes to the base stats and then recalculate the percents? I figure the difference is probably closer to 5% instead of 10 when you compare runed sets

i've been told by 3 people now that i am the only good pvp bladedancer they have ever seen, lol

I did all this july of 13. I really do not wish to do the work to add myrm and lockboxes plus relics. Surely someone can pick up where i left off. I was rereading the thread some and came across this post as well. Its good because it shows you the actual hps/dps differential.

Ok lets compare Aera results with 0 point soul and PA. First is Bolstered with no runes, second is full warlord with whatever runes Aere has. Third column is total stat difference. The fourth is percentage difference.

Health 20505 23905 3400 16.5%
    Mana 14390 15445 1055 7.3%
    Int 1190 1300 110 9.2%
    Armor 12843 15432 2589 20.1%
    Wis 688 789 101 14.6%
    End 1579 1919 340 21.5%
    SP 2770 3184 414 14.9%
    SC 1555 1689 134 8.6%
    CP 79 67 -12 thatís funny
    Ele Resists 659 751 92 13.9%
    Ven 773 1137 364 47%
    Val 4980 5112 132 2.6% (didnít have a seal)

Ok so that does look considerable especially looking at Vengence , SP and Armor thatís more than I expected. So the next question I asked myself is what does all of this really mean in terms of performance IE added dps/hps while accounting for valor mitigation and resist.

I noticed when you move the cursor over the stat youíre reading it tells you stuff.

Armor reduces physical damage by 17.78% for an even level opponent.
    Elemental Resist reduce damage of the element by 20.18% of an equal level opponent
    SP/AP adds dps/hps per second based on your total SP/AP multiplied by .2 or 20%.
    Valor Mititgates all damage by a multiplier of .775 or 77.5%.
    In pvp vengenance is added to your AP or SP total.

With this is mind I went to see how much the SP+Veng added to the DPS/HPS of each of Aereís results

Bolstered SP+Veng
    2770 SP + 773 Ven = 3543

Warlord SP+Ven
    3184 SP + 1137 Ven = 4321

Thatís a difference of 778 or 21.9%. So each cast between them should be a difference of 778 dps right? Thatís what I thought at first but then I remembered I need to factor in the valor mitigation. This is the correct thing to do right? I think so. So I took each total and multiplied it by .2 or 20%.

Bolstered total of 3543 x .2 = 708.6

Warlord total of 4321 x .2 = 864.2

This showed a difference of 155.6 which is still 21.9%

So after the valor mitigation the difference in DPS/HPS between bolstered stats and warlord stats is only 155.6

We havenít even accounted for armor mitigation or elemental resist mitigation yet.

Ele Resist

We saw earlier a difference of 92 or 13.9% in the Life Resist. Im not going over each one individually.
    Ele resist reduce damage by 20.18%

Bolstered 659 x .2018 = 132.9862
    Warlord 751 x .2018 = 151.5518

A difference of 18.5656 again its 13.9%

So you only take 18.57 more damage bolstered per element as opposed to a Warlord.

Armor Mitigation. This is the one im not totally sure about. Its sure to spring up arguments from the people who have long said Melee dps is gimped in pvp and this might be why. Its possible its just higher for this class. I donít know to be honest. It also might have something to do with weapon DPS which im also still not sure how to account for.

Anway

Armor reduces physical damage by 17.78%

Bolstered Armor 12,843 x .1778 = 2,283.48

Warlord Armor 15432 x .1778 = 2,743.80

For a difference of 460.80 in physical damage reduction between the two at still 20.1%.

So to recap

The difference between Aereís bolstered stats and her Warlord rune stats are as follows:

DPS/HPS 155.6

DMg reduction from Ele Resist 18.57

Phys Dmg Reduction from armor 460.80
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Ascendant

Land, that post missed a multiplier, you would multiply the 778 by .2 to get the bonus DPS to abilities and then by .2 again to account for valor, so technically its ~31 more average DPS.

Although spell/attack power scaling for most abilities doesn't work quite that cleanly.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    i've been told by 3 people now that i am the only good pvp bladedancer they have ever seen, lol
    this prob. just means i should play bd more, dropped my pvp spec awhile ago for raiding though

guys you need to list your spec when listing ap/sp/veng

http://i.imgur.com/aBhKSDn.jpg my stats as they would be in a wf as shaman
    http://i.imgur.com/7zRIbyY.jpg 61sin/4mm/11rs with 88cp greater proc up

i don't buy ric's in pdkp's and only upgrade crit power gear at this point, but i've sat with 7 dailys on both characters and haven't finished weeklys for awhile, especially on ecru
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Land, that post missed a multiplier, you would multiply the 778 by .2 to get the bonus DPS to abilities and then by .2 again to account for valor, so technically its ~31 more average DPS.

Although spell/attack power scaling for most abilities doesn't work quite that cleanly.
    Aww well i did my best to be fair i never claimed to be an expert i was just trying my best to piece it all together.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast