+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Most annoying broken overtuned souls in pvp

Default Most annoying broken overtuned souls in pvp

Pvp sucks a great deal these days. All the souls people always play are broken in some aspect. Not to mention, I don't think there is much to look forward to content wise for pvp in 3.0. For me doms have to be the most annoying broken soul which has over the top draining abilities all in 1 soul. Followed by sin/rift stalker because of slip away/stealth (Analogy pvp2ezy: Ex.when you get out of stealth you can use stun straight away? FFS! and not to mention, run away whilst in combat). The recent changes for a soul make things worse. I'm not too sure, but I think the new revamped mage soul "stormcaller" gives passive knock backs as well as multiple movement restriction skills. Well in general I believe any ability that gives spammable knock-backs are broken damm I hate torrenting rouges! Knock-backs are so broken in most instances especially for melee. Well in that case paragon is pretty broken for being the only melee class having a skill making them invulnerable to knock-backs. I guess the way Trion solved problems for pvp such as giving shock pulse (aka tempest) for warriors for pvp was the start of this mess. The solution here would be increase the passive movement skills of melee and then cutting down out a lot of broken skills for both melee and ranged souls.I would like to think and believe if tank souls were the only souls to have knockbacks, pvp combat would in contrast be a lot better.

My main point I would like to get across is I would like to see some annoying skills from prominent souls reworked or made redundant, as I believe it is really negatively impacting the overall game-play. For example, warriors are known to be very controversial. Presently warlord is the most controversial soul. The reasons are it does not have many big weaknesses. The soul is sturdy whilst still be able to dish out significant damage and burst. The other team will most likely despair if they cannot cope with a warlord on the enemies’ side. For warlord they don't really need pulls do they? that is if tank souls were actually a lot more useful for pvp. Otherwise, they don't need spammable charges during bf exp, especially if some other souls weren't so bs). Sigh... well all I know is when you always see people the same bs souls combined with bad matchmaking in every single warfront; I'd believe anyone sane would have a limited tolerance for pvp in this game. My belief is almost every soul most people currently use is bs. The word of worthy mention is "annoying": causing frustration in pvp in many instances. Combine this frustration with more frustration; derps in your team playing the other horrid souls not helping the team isn't helping the situation either (<3 dat pvp system). I would like to say even if derps are on the other side! do people really enjoy these kills? as long as you top the leader-board, no worries right?

Other souls which are annoying very annoying include physician. There only counter is souls like the broken glass cannon paragon (having the best burst in the game I believe). Rogues in general are **** annoying and not to mention, have the most options. Mages are up there as well with the best current ranged st soul, pyro rooting the **** outta you for 8s (deadly for melee). The main problem of burning bonds in this instance is many melee souls only have 1 break free and 8s is a long duration; though rogues got stealth?). BM is also another good example of what’s broken for warriors (although not really that important for warfronts though since they are rarely used). Defiler they have unstable transformation (broken skill god mode). Well I'm sure there are some more examples, but I have just provided some examples of what I believe are broken. On one hand, I gather any nerfs to any particular prominent soul without sufficient compensation would be a bad mistake. On the other hand, I bet Trion is too lazy to do **** as usual, so I guess if you ever want good pvp your option is to find another game lol. If you look at it carefully many souls are unbalanced.

This post may not be relevant for the people who love to steamroll in premades. Finally, for my last remark it would be: no doubt, pvp is currently very fair, fun and balanced; seemingly no significant changes have yet been planned .

Tl;DR The balance of each soul for pvp is out of line for many classes. In my opinion clerics would be the least annoying and a lot more annoying if defiler links weren't nerfed. Nerfing prominent souls is not the best solution here, though revamping many souls and skills suited for pvp is.
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 08-01-2014 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Pvp is getting worse with every hotfix
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

If you can't deal with stuff like knockbacks or roots, you probably shouldn't be in PvP at all. RIFT already has quite a friendly system regarding them, with immunity / DR and lots of CC breaker skills.

The only thing I would agree on in your post is that physicians are very annoying. They are dangerous balance wise, because unlike other healers they can't run out of mana, so can keep healing forever while also not being vulnerable to drain. Seeing the recent patches though, I'd say Trion is carefully watching it.

Plane Walker

Physician, sin and warlord all need nerfs. The effectiveness of subbing into tank souls also needs addressing, particularly for healers.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    If you can't deal with stuff like knockbacks or roots, you probably shouldn't be in PvP at all. RIFT already has quite a friendly system regarding them, with immunity / DR and lots of CC breaker skills.

The only thing I would agree on in your post is that physicians are very annoying. They are dangerous balance wise, because unlike other healers they can't run out of mana, so can keep healing forever while also not being vulnerable to drain. Seeing the recent patches though, I'd say Trion is carefully watching it.
    I guess what you said is less bothersome in a pm. Yes it all goes back to the statement go pm or don't pvp at all which sounds just about correct presently. I will still stay around for 3.0 to see what happens as there is still some promise pvp-wise. My post was in the best interests to make pvp better and for the people that always cry nerfs to prominent souls and the hotfix that follows soon after based on information on these nerf threads. I guess the people who knew what was wrong in pvp combat in terms of good balance already quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    Physician, sin and warlord all need nerfs. The effectiveness of subbing into tank souls also needs addressing, particularly for healers.
    I would say warlord is indeed slightly overturned, but has a good balance of skills for melee in this situation factoring in other broken souls available.
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 08-01-2014 at 02:14 AM.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Physicians are fine where they are. Just because they don't use mana doesn't mean they aren't vulnerable. If I survive lol'ing through 5 or 6 players pounding on me, it's because not one of them used proper cc (stun, silence). I've been taken down by 2 competent players who kept me stun locked and I died pretty damn fast. You just can't treat a rogue like a caster. I'm not sure when this is going to sink in.

proper use of cc, purges and focus fire can kill anything in game, physician is not fine. if a healer soul is not affected by attrition then the other 2 class types shouldn;t be as well. it's that simple.

Revamp Dominators already, they can't be cleansed while opening with HP.

Shadowlander

at launch this game was bananas. there were just crazy combos of classes, and you had to actually pay attention, using situational awareness to LOS the threats, and time your attacks to take out other threats. the TTK was shorter, and if you made a mistake you were most likely going to die for it.

so many posts these days are asking for the dumbing down of pvp, to make everything easier, to make all the classes have the exact same abilities. i don't like the idea of that kind of game. i like that physician is a different healer than a cleric. i like that you have to time your CC to kill one, because if you don't time your CC correctly, you have to start over from the beginning and try again (i.e. get better). i like the idea and the class of a dominator. yes they are annoying, but they're not really going to kill you. they're going to disable you, which is the entire point of the class.

i enjoy classes having counters. i enjoy there being certain classes that certain specs can't kill alone. it means that to pvp, we need to coordinate and help our teammates. it means that this is an MMO, and that the point is not to just wander around by yourself solo'ing everything.

my suggestion to those who would like to be able to do everything, kill everything, counter everything, and solo everything, is to go play The Legend of Zelda. it is a great, classic, single player game that you can cruise through by yourself with all the tools you need to be successful carried in your little leather pouch.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    Yep, Dom is fine you pretty much spec into a very specific purpose there.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Revamp Dominators already, they can't be cleansed while opening with HP.
    Well, that is wrong.

All rogues can cleanse soul, the most 1 sided pa ability in the game.

Cleansevsoul should be given to all classes -or- mages and clerics should get a pa ability that removes bleeds and poisons

Prophet of Telara

You have no clue about PvP balance.

1. Purpose of the spec and what is needs to fulfil that specific role while having some weakness in the same time.

There's plenty of ways to balance the specs via:

- resource pool and regen
    - purgeable buffs that affect your dps, utility, regen, etc.
    - amount of various CC effects and access to it via hybrids.
    - mobility to an extent, mainly because too many specs gets access to it or slows , blinks and maps arent big enough to actually make kiting viable or worth it. (go ahead run out of your healer range so i can kill you easier, hence pocket healing is so much better)
    - amount of break frees and access to it via hybrids.
    - hybrids dps, burst, buffs and cc potenial
    - channellable and stand still abilities
    - RNG
    - sharing viability with pets
    - dots and cleanses
    - cooldowns
    - etc.

2. This whole thread is pointless unless we get the Devs here and make them explain where they want to see certain spec at and how in their opinion players should deal with it.

As long as there's more than one calling there will always be people who will complain about balance, because "some spec have access to something which i find OP" multiplied by the amount of specs in each calling is a recipe for daily complains.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Blabber on this board is going to one day turn Physician into a healer slightly better than the old 58tact. The thing has been fine since the Emergency Response nerf.

It didn't need to lose its ability to crit. They also didn't need to remove the ability to put supportive care on yourself. I am sure they will always be a viable healer, general damage out-put in this game is soft enough that even weak healers are game changers. But lordy, this is balancing around average performance, not top performance. Top performance would have said Physician was fine long ago. Now with top performance with some DPS souls, you can just 1 v 1 a physician like all the other healers.

This game is goofy when DPS can solo healers. That means any DPS train will destroy one, and in that case, you basically need cross healing to live if 2+ people who know how to DPS right on their toon decide to lay into you. Not to mention that change of CC (merge of disarm to Debil) added nicely to Physician vulnerability.

I don't think any classes in this game are overpowered. Some warrior, who apparently have sick dps, tried to challenge me to a duel. He beat me everytime using some hybrid 57k hp spec against my 28k 61 glass cannons, and those games ended with less than 25% hp on the enemy. But then he goes into specs like mine - glass cannons, and my Rogue starts wiping and the healer feels no pressure and kill him too. I've fought a warrior who pressured me good. Now all I see is a plethora of players who don't provide close to the same pressure, and I know it is possible. Heck, I solo'd a physician, but I guess it is invalidated because I was a Sin.

Meh, stuff in this game isn't really over-tuned. In the words of gaige "Dakkota, you won't like Rift, it doesn't have overpowered BS like this [eq2] game does".
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-01-2014 at 06:52 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Physicians are fine where they are. Just because they don't use mana doesn't mean they aren't vulnerable. If I survive lol'ing through 5 or 6 players pounding on me, it's because not one of them used proper cc (stun, silence). I've been taken down by 2 competent players who kept me stun locked and I died pretty damn fast. You just can't treat a rogue like a caster. I'm not sure when this is going to sink in.
    I often have time to take a physician from 75% to 0% in the course of a 2 or 3 second stun, 1 or 2 seconds after cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I often have time to take a physician from 75% to 0% in the course of a 2 or 3 second stun, 1 or 2 seconds after cooldown.
    It's all about catching the physician with their break free down. If it's up, they most likely can live through some real brutal stuff. But the good healing spec (the one with 2 break frees is frankly not hard to kill), only has 1 break free on 2 min. So ya, even as a sin, I know they will break the first stun. And even though I am too lazy to go 12 BD and wait for something to interrupt, I know in 30s when my stun comes back up, if I land it solidly, that it is going to be a moment of heavy pressure for them. As I of course would add up my bursty stuff for the same window.

Physicians can get toasted soooo easily when break free is down. And only getting 1 means lots of toast. Least some cleric heal souls get an additional one, or they don't have to gut their healing as hard just to get a 2nd . Or they can just be cool kats and get 3 break frees. Only my troll specs have stuff like that.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-01-2014 at 07:28 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's all about catching the physician with their break free down. If it's up, they most likely can live through some real brutal stuff. But the good healing spec (the one with 2 break frees is frankly not hard to kill), only has 1 break free on 2 min.
    Stop using the default CD for Break Free in your arguments, its a dishonest way to make Physician seem more vulnerable than it actually is. The real cooldown with PA specced is 1min 15s.

Big f*cking difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast