+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Most annoying broken overtuned souls in pvp

Plane Touched

35% healing nerf would bring Phys back in line with warden. (But with better survivability with Cleanse Soul)

45% healing nerf would bring Phys back in line with Defiler.

(from a r90 rogue, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Zzuul View Post
    Seriously? I'm pretty sure that's the point of all those stacks... protect subsequent debuffs...plus I have rogues cleanse soul my HP all the time, as well as see Puris sterilize it off occasionally... and it's not like you can HP more than one person at a time due to recast timer
    Seriously? Using broken Rogues as argument?

Quote Originally Posted by YodelRaedaTribal View Post
    at launch... the TTK was shorter, and if you made a mistake you were most likely going to die for it.
    eeerrrr....No it wasn't. It was fun but TTK was longer cept for the Pyros running around one shotting people issue and that only, and I'm using the word 'only' very loosely here, lasted for four months. PvP is a lot harder now.

so many posts these days are asking for the dumbing down of pvp
    asking for nerfs isn't asking for things to be dumbed-down.

i enjoy classes having counters. i enjoy there being certain classes that certain specs can't kill alone. it means that to pvp, we need to coordinate and help our teammates. it means that this is an MMO, and that the point is not to just wander around by yourself solo'ing everything.
    You're missing the point - Physicians OP.
    Last edited by toodles; 08-02-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Physicians aren't OP, no healer in this game is. What most of these tools crying for nerfs don't see as they tunnel a healer is the other 2 spamming critical invocation on him. Cross healing and its effectiveness has always and will always be the issue.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    proper use of cc, purges and focus fire can kill anything in game, physician is not fine. if a healer soul is not affected by attrition then the other 2 class types shouldn;t be as well. it's that simple.
    Okay if Sent's don't want to be affected by attrition they need to lose a few things first if you want things to be totally fair. I can't comment on Defilers at the moment, because I'm still learning the soul.

All I've heard for years is the reason why MM's damage needs to suck is because it has so much utility. It gets all these nifty toys so it has to do sub-par damage to remain balanced.

Well lets have a look at Sentinel shall we? It gets a raid wide End buff, a second break free (that's really more like 2 1/2 BFs as LoT can be reset by RA,) a runspeed buff that can be cast on the Cleric or an ally, a 10s 40% damage reduction CD, an AoE sleep, and a CD reset.

Whereas Physicians get none of these things. All a Physician can do is heal, shield, cleanse and do the lowest DPS of any soul in the game.

So you have a Sentinel with all these goodies, and yet apparently it should also out heal Physicians who have none of this utility. If MMs are supposed to do crap damage because of their great utility then why should a Sentinel be able to out heal a Physician?

Seems like hypocrisy to me.

At least Sentinels and Defilers are still wanted. Oracles have made Bards completely redundant. Hardly anybody takes a Bard over an Oracle these days, and Oracles can make some pretty OP specs when paired right. I don't hear any Clerics who are screaming for Physician nerfs, talking about Oracle. Apparently it completely outclassing its Rogue counterpart is totally fine, but having a Rogue soul with no utility out healing their ST healing counterparts is totally unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    Okay if Sent's don't want to be affected by attrition they need to lose a few things first if you want things to be totally fair. I can't comment on Defilers at the moment, because I'm still learning the soul.

All I've heard for years is the reason why MM's damage needs to suck is because it has so much utility. It gets all these nifty toys so it has to do sub-par damage to remain balanced.

Well lets have a look at Sentinel shall we? It gets a raid wide End buff, a second break free (that's really more like 2 1/2 BFs as LoT can be reset by RA,) a runspeed buff that can be cast on the Cleric or an ally, a 10s 40% damage reduction CD, an AoE sleep, and a CD reset.

Whereas Physicians get none of these things. All a Physician can do is heal, shield, cleanse and do the lowest DPS of any soul in the game.

So you have a Sentinel with all these goodies, and yet apparently it should also out heal Physicians who have none of this utility. If MMs are supposed to do crap damage because of their great utility then why should a Sentinel be able to out heal a Physician?

Seems like hypocrisy to me.

At least Sentinels and Defilers are still wanted. Oracles have made Bards completely redundant. Hardly anybody takes a Bard over an Oracle these days, and Oracles can make some pretty OP specs when paired right. I don't hear any Clerics who are screaming for Physician nerfs, talking about Oracle. Apparently it completely outclassing its Rogue counterpart is totally fine, but having a Rogue soul with no utility out healing their ST healing counterparts is totally unacceptable.
    Shhhhh. Let's keep the Oracle discussion out of this. My p83 cleric with no relics and crap critical power can sustain a few hundred dps less than my geared rogue but has more burst (plus the raid buffs, debuffs and shielding). For 10 seconds I can spam glacial insignia and drop a healer quickly solo.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Shhhhh. Let's keep the Oracle discussion out of this. My p83 cleric with no relics and crap critical power can sustain a few hundred dps less than my geared rogue but has more burst (plus the raid buffs, debuffs and shielding). For 10 seconds I can spam glacial insignia and drop a healer quickly solo.
    You can't drop healer solo, unless healer is bad or hes playing AoE healing spec, however you will not have enough dmg to burst 40+k hp Liberator/VK or Chloro.
    You can force him to blow CDs in best case. E.g. Defiler (even in Freelancer) will just Ugly each time you can burst, because your burst has same CD as his ugly...

Sent will burn through mana and is very susceptible to mana drains hindering their ability to heal.

Phys will never have this problem. The fact they don't have this problem is why they are so OP.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    You can't drop healer solo, unless healer is bad or hes playing AoE healing spec, however you will not have enough dmg to burst 40+k hp Liberator/VK or Chloro.
    You can force him to blow CDs in best case. E.g. Defiler (even in Freelancer) will just Ugly each time you can burst, because your burst has same CD as his ugly...
    Load up the healer with all of the debuffs, 3 dots, rage of the north, battle fury, spam glacial insignia for 10 seconds. No healer will survive/out heal that damage solo. Of course you don't burst them at 100% and when they have their cd available.

Load up the healer with all of the debuffs, 3 dots, rage of the north, battle fury, spam glacial insignia for 10 seconds. No healer will survive/out heal that damage solo. Of course you don't burst them at 100% and when they have their cd available.
    the burst is alright but tbh you're better off just playing shaman. in between cooldowns the dps of shamancle is really bad.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I don't bother with shaman unless I have pocket heals, which I never do.

I don't bother with shaman unless I have pocket heals, which I never do.
    you don't need a pocket healer to play shaman, lol
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    All a Physician can do is heal better than anything else, with great mobility, effectively no resource management, great durability and Cleanse Soul.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

You can't force them to blow their CDs without using yours and without CDs your dmg is really bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3