+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nerf Cross Aoe Heals

Default Nerf Cross Aoe Heals

Leave ST stuff alone, but do not allow similar souls to benefit from each others aoe heals/shields. Rift is a game where players in a raid for whatever reason should swap souls accordingly as needed. Whther its pvp or pve do we really need to carry more than one of each soul at this point? I think not. Chloro alone has been held to this limitation for so long. It is time all of the other callings and their souls were held to that same train of thought.

The healers will still be able to heal their comrades in arms but will be much more susceptible to focus fire being they will not receive similar cross heals. All around this move will promote better gameplay imo.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Rift Master

I'm not understanding how this is useful. Aside from aoe cleanse, a breakdown of the heal souls I'm familiar with below. I would think the bigger problem is that healers can get direct heals from other healers without it being aoe. But I wouldn't recommend nerfing that anymore. There's already a blanket heal reduction in place.

Cleric's aoe heal soul is terrible in pvp unless in port scion. See rift meme: Always let the wardens die.

Cleric's single target soul sentinel has very weak aoe heals as normal skills. Though a talented healing breath isn't horrible since it can heal up to 3 people, on an 8s cd.

Cleric's purifier has 2 skills that aren't single target. One with a 1m cd, one with a 1.5m cd.

Rogue's physician recently saw alternative treatment get nerfed. It already reduced heal effectiveness by 50% and increased energy cost, so I didn't even see that it was useful to start. I never tried the tact combo, I can't comment on its aoe heal effects.

Rogue's bard can fluff up some numbers, but aside from harmonic distortion, no way of targetting heals. It also requires the group being close together. If bard's aoe healing is that much a problem, cc it.

Can't comment on liberator, I haven't played it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Leave ST stuff alone, but do not allow similar souls to benefit from each others aoe heals/shields. Rift is a game where players in a raid for whatever reason should swap souls accordingly as needed. Whther its pvp or pve do we really need to carry more than one of each soul at this point? I think not. Chloro alone has been held to this limitation for so long. It is time all of the other callings and their souls were held to that same train of thought.

The healers will still be able to heal their comrades in arms but will be much more susceptible to focus fire being they will not receive similar cross heals. All around this move will promote better gameplay imo.
    The new pyro isn't OP
    Last edited by Tyrannos; 07-30-2014 at 02:20 PM.

If people focused their DPS, this would be much less of an issue. Some adjustment to healing was necessary, but blanket nerfs aren't the solution. You'll only end up with worse heals, and a team requiring more healers.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffNightBlade View Post
    The new pyro isn't OP
    Thanks for sharing your family photos.
    Last edited by Tyrannos; 07-30-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

What it would do is the same thing it does for chloros. Forces you to rely on ST heals to keep yourself up or heals from other players. This would put all healers on the same playing field with chloro. You would not be able to find the fotm aoe heal spec grab 5 of them and troll warfronts or CQ with your group spamming aoe heals. You would be forced to utilize st heals to targets under focus fireninstead of spamming aoe with your buddies while u watch american dad on your second monitor.

I dont expect this to be a popular idea but i do believe it would be better for the game.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

What it would do is the same thing it does for chloros. Forces you to rely on ST heals to keep yourself up or heals from other players. This would put all healers on the same playing field with chloro. You would not be able to find the fotm aoe heal spec grab 5 of them and troll warfronts or CQ with your group spamming aoe heals. You would be forced to utilize st heals to targets under focus fireninstead of spamming aoe with your buddies while u watch american dad on your second monitor.

I dont expect this to be a popular idea but i do believe it would be better for the game.
    It's never too late to roll a cleric or rogue. Ditch the mage.

+ Reply to Thread