+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Osirian
  • 1 Post By Galibier

Thread: Fixed heals and now more tanks...great

Default Fixed heals and now more tanks...great

SO past 6 wfs tonight, I was only dps in 2, and the other 4 there was 1-3 on each team. The rest were tanks or heals or a combination of the both. This is getting really stupid. At first I was complaining how even the best dps would stalemate with a mediocre healer (ones saying healing isnt op the offer is still on the table for any dps to 1v1 a healer of my choice for a rex) and then they kinda fixed it by nerfing physicians slightly. Now its where everyone just cares if they live in a wf and goes the easy route to heal or go tank.

Where are the good dps fights? A few patches ago you guys buffed/nerfed veng and valor so that almost nobody died in wfs. Then you nerfed it slightly. However its still to the point where fights are taking forever unless its a dps vs dps.

I join wfs and play sin because I like the idea of not messing up (or you die) and fast pace action. This is like wheelchair slow atm with all these tanks and healers lately.

Ascendant

Well, part of the issue is what you noted above, there is a larger amount of tanks/heals than there is DPS.

Can't kill anything if no one is bothering to take an axe to someone's face.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Prophet of Telara

Tanky dps are a lot more forgiving to play, hence to many players uses such specs. If you dont have end game CP gear playing dps can be very boring, especially when your dps buffs are purgeable.

I doubt that Trion will fix it, because this is what makes casual and bad players feel useful (even if they arent for the other raid members at least they dont get killed instantly because they made mistake and run to deep in to enemy lines).
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Osirian View Post
    At first I was complaining how even the best dps would stalemate with a mediocre healer (ones saying healing isnt op the offer is still on the table for any dps to 1v1 a healer of my choice for a rex) and then they kinda fixed it by nerfing physicians slightly. Now its where everyone just cares if they live in a wf and goes the easy route to heal or go tank.
    I never saw your original offer for any dps to 1v1 a healer, but specifically what type of healer are you referring to? Since you're picking the healer, what is it you had in mind?

With all the discussion regarding physician and all the people claiming it's a l2p issue to burst them down with dps and CC, it surely can't be a physician you're referring to. I'm assuming it's not a warden. Others are drained and/or interrupted.

Has nobody taken you up on this? State the "healer" you're referring to, so the pro dps claiming it's a l2p issue can claim your rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    I never saw your original offer for any dps to 1v1 a healer, but specifically what type of healer are you referring to? Since you're picking the healer, what is it you had in mind?

With all the discussion regarding physician and all the people claiming it's a l2p issue to burst them down with dps and CC, it surely can't be a physician you're referring to. I'm assuming it's not a warden. Others are drained and/or interrupted.

Has nobody taken you up on this? State the "healer" you're referring to, so the pro dps claiming it's a l2p issue can claim your rex.
    There are multiple ones I can ask that nobody ca kill 1v1. Only person to take me up on this was a dom mage. And that took so long i was like....rly?

Ppl want to WIN. To win in Rift u stack Tanks and heals and hold objectives.

Champion

There are multiple ones I can ask that nobody ca kill 1v1. Only person to take me up on this was a dom mage. And that took so long i was like....rly?
    Just provide the spec for your favorite unbeatable healer in a 1v1 situation. I'm just curios what the hardest one is to kill.

Only a dom took you up on it? I'm pretty sure there have been quite a few claiming they could take down any healer 1-on-1.

First... WF's have objectives. Ergo people will run tanks and healers to take/maintain those objectives. If you want a WF that is just a death match....Rift does NOT have it.

Fast paced wham bam PvP only exists in Rift in the 3's and 5's. If you want something larger scale go to another game. Not saying "go away you scrub" or something, simply that Rift doesn't have what you seek.

As for your comment about healers...there really is NO heal build that can not be 1v1's if gear, skill, PA and the like are equal. Some may take a specific "heal buster" build (variations of NB/BD for burst/CC and Assassin hybrids come to mind) but it is doable if you don't just take your CC, and throw it into your dps spam macro for that "fast paced action."
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-06-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    First... WF's have objectives. Ergo people will run tanks and healers to take/maintain those objectives. If you want a WF that is just a death match....Rift does NOT have it.

Fast paced wham bam PvP only exists in Rift in the 3's and 5's. If you want something larger scale go to another game. Not saying "go away you scrub" or something, simply that Rift doesn't have what you seek.
    Always been plenty of action in our pvp in all its forms. All it takes is people that know how to pvp in Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Always been plenty of action in our pvp in all its forms. All it takes is people that know how to pvp in Rift.

It's all in how you define action. I have since launch been in premades where we play the objectives...pisses off the people who want to wham bam farm. I consider playing objective action
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-06-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

It's all in how you define action. I have since launch been in premades where we play the objectives...pisses off the people who want to wham bam farm. I consider playing objective action
    If what you are doing is getting no attention and your PM background makes you an outlier, why would you think you have a good view to tell anyone to leave the game. I have no idea who you are and can't think of a single group I have seen since launch that pushed wins with any consistency. Lots of good individuals and a few duos and trios, but people push wins and kills as they please. That is action, and it sounds a hell of a lot more fun than your version of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Ppl want to WIN. To win in Rift u stack Tanks and heals and hold objectives.
    ^^^^ I am seeing this so much that I am like on a temporary pvp hiatus. Log in for dailies and weeklies and wait a few days, clense, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    Just provide the spec for your favorite unbeatable healer in a 1v1 situation. I'm just curios what the hardest one is to kill.

Only a dom took you up on it? I'm pretty sure there have been quite a few claiming they could take down any healer 1-on-1.
    Msg me in game or anyone if they want to try. Fox@hiallol. but if you take forever or can't kill them, vid will be used as the piling evidence that supports it is way too easy to heal in this game with the way silences, immunity, and instant heals are atm.

Champion

Msg me in game or anyone if they want to try. Fox@hiallol. but if you take forever or can't kill them, vid will be used as the piling evidence that supports it is way too easy to heal in this game with the way silences, immunity, and instant heals are atm.
    What's forever? If you're going to restrict, set a time limit. I'd like to see a vid regardless of the outcome, whether it supports your claim or not.

I'm assuming the rex is still available.

Here you go:

As for your comment about healers...there really is NO heal build that can not be 1v1's if gear, skill, PA and the like are equal. Some may take a specific "heal buster" build (variations of NB/BD for burst/CC and Assassin hybrids come to mind) but it is doable if you don't just take your CC, and throw it into your dps spam macro for that "fast paced action."
    Galibier, do you have a "heal buster" build to help fox out and claim a rex? Throw him a tell and give it a shot.

+ Reply to Thread