+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Are there actual repercussions for AFKing Warfronts all day long?

Rift Disciple

Default Are there actual repercussions for AFKing Warfronts all day long?

When I watch the same people AFK every single game, every single day, yet have way more rank / gear than me because of this exploit it makes me seriously question whether or not I should do the same thing so I can gain 5 prestige rank and a ton of favor / warlord marks each day while not even doing anything other than tabbing in and out of netflix every few minutes to make sure I don't get counted as AFK.
    Last edited by AlphaUnicorn; 07-28-2014 at 08:03 PM.

right click on their name in the raid frame. select mark as afk. ask the rest of the team to do so too. use /rw (raid warning) to get the message across if you have too.
    you need at least half the team to mark the player afk for that player to get a 1 minute debuff. if they take no offensive action in that minute, they will be kicked from the match and receive an ascended disgrace debuff denying them the ability to queue warfronts for a short period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    right click on their name in the raid frame. select mark as afk. ask the rest of the team to do so too. use /rw (raid warning) to get the message across if you have too.
    you need at least half the team to mark the player afk for that player to get a 1 minute debuff. if they take no offensive action in that minute, they will be kicked from the match and receive an ascended disgrace debuff denying them the ability to queue warfronts for a short period.
    That's not what he is talking about. He is talking about the players who are at their keyboard, but are not doing anything, but they are using abilities every so often or auto running in to die, so they can't be marked afk, while they are doing something else, good portion of fresh 60s do this on NA shards until they are P80+

Also seen a good amount of players using macros from their 3rd party Keyboard/mouse programs (like razer synapse) to run in a certain spot and just use buffs non stop or aoe attacks so they remain getting favor/p.

Reporting for afk only works on people who are actually afk. Also rogues in perm assassin stealth can't be marked afk, they just have to move every so often and they get full rewards. I use to see the bad Hardcore raiders do this on a daily basis all the time back before free to play and when p90 was released.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 07-28-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    That's not what he is talking about. He is talking about the players who are at their keyboard, but are not doing anything, but they are using abilities every so often or auto running in to die, so they can't be marked afk, while they are doing something else, good portion of fresh 60s do this on NA shards until they are P80+

Also seen a good amount of players using macros from their 3rd party Keyboard/mouse programs (like razer synapse) to run in a certain spot and just use buffs non stop or aoe attacks so they remain getting favor/p.

Reporting for afk only works on people who are actually afk. Also rogues in perm assassin stealth can't be marked afk, they just have to move every so often and they get full rewards. I use to see the bad Hardcore raiders do this on a daily basis all the time back before free to play and when p90 was released.
    spamming abilities wont stop the afk debuff if you are not in combat.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Touched

No - the "most popular" content in the game involves afking the entire time and getting rewarded (conquest). trion supports AFK PVP.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    spamming abilities wont stop the afk debuff if you are not in combat.
    I can confirm, but suiciding still works as a way to avoid the afk debuff. They should just add vote kick like in CQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaUnicorn View Post
    When I watch the same people AFK every single game, every single day, yet have way more rank / gear than me because of this exploit it makes me seriously question whether or not I should do the same thing so I can gain 5 prestige rank and a ton of favor / warlord marks each day while not even doing anything other than tabbing in and out of netflix every few minutes to make sure I don't get counted as AFK.
    Trion's fought people do this because there is no individual based performance rewards. The person who contributed a lot more then another person in the team will get about the same reward(s); whether that may be losing or winning the match!
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 07-29-2014 at 04:50 AM.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

If a player wants to afk leech wfs, he will afk leech wfs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaUnicorn View Post
    If you are worried about why high rank players afk in a WF, I can give you my logic on it when I do. Here is a prime example from just last night. I run a high para/WL hybrid, max PA and some box gear, pretty much the best burst I have without a big setup. I am doing 2400+ dps ST typically with just macros. So, last nights brush with the derp, most of my team is bolstered, doing 1/3 my dps, the other team is overhealing, while my team won't heal or switch to a utility spec to let me work my magic. Why should I get facerolled all match by bad dps on the other side because my own team has no idea what to do or who is worth supporting on their own team. My team stayed in crap dps specs and got farmed rather than the few god awful mages and rogues switching to something that actually worked for their bad gear.

Maybe I sound arrogant, I don't care, I know what a maxed para can do over a bolstered pyro. I won't take it in the *** all day for the bads. You guys don't like seeing the p90s afk? Stop pretending your bolstered dps from PvE specs is on par with the people who did their homework. Do your homework, bolstered mages should be doing truly op CC and utility, bolstered rogues should be support/utility(someone explain to these geniuses that a bolstered sin is lolololololol). Bolstered dps clerics should just uninstall, if you can't do the math on this, there is little hope you will do anything important in the game. Bolstered warriors are in a bad spot, Liberator is asking for a beatdown in decent gear so in bad gear its Sin food. Same with BM so they kind of get a pass. But the other three callings, bolstered players need to be supporting the playmakers, and if you don't, don't be surprised when the real playmakers say **** you then, do it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Ascendant

I assume most of the afkers get bad carpal tunnel from ******* on their web browser while afk.

That's a pretty severe repercussion.
    Last edited by Caldern; 07-29-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    I can confirm, but suiciding still works as a way to avoid the afk debuff. They should just add vote kick like in CQ.
    vote kicking is open to abuse.
    premades voting out undergeared fresh 60s they don't want to carry.
    unpopular players who actually contribute to the teams effort voted out due to that unpopularity.
    members of hated guilds voted out.
    random votes on random players by trolls, with the voting players simply going along with the yes vote to get the dialog box off their screen.

wow ****, i guess vote kick should be taken out of random dungeons as well?
    telara is full of scumbags ready to jump on and abuse the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    ...I can give you my logic on it when I do...let me work my magic...Maybe I sound arrogant, I don't care...don't be surprised when the real playmakers say **** you...
    Might be taking this game a little too seriously. Why not just leave and do something else for 15 minutes. With all that invaluable magic and playmaking ability, why not use it to impress somebody instead of doing nothing in warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    wow ****, i guess vote kick should be taken out of random dungeons as well?
    I wouldn't argue for it to stay if they were to take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    telara is full of scumbags ready to jump on and abuse the system.
    so is the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    Might be taking this game a little too seriously. Why not just leave and do something else for 15 minutes. With all that invaluable magic and playmaking ability, why not use it to impress somebody instead of doing nothing in warfronts.
    I am doing something magical, I am letting my team learn what doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast