+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 242
Like Tree53Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Physician vs Chloro

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    219

    Default Physician vs Chloro

    This has been stated before, a lot, probably.

    Can all absorbs from physician please be removed? This is just ******ed. The self healing ability between a chloro and physician is staggering. I can easily rip 3.5k dps on a chloro, but vs a physician that dps gets reduced to ~2200, and yet, the physician doesn't even need to use any cast times abilities to stay alive. The chloro has to spam cast time spells and is forced into constantly being interrupted every 8-10 seconds (not to mention that they can't move).

    If physician is to have infinite resources, at least make it to where they can take the same amount of dps as a chloro (meaning no absorbs), and ffs, give chloro some self healing potential already ( other than bloom/essence, bloom doesn't even hit as hard as a physician finisher or urgent care, or casual). I can kill any chloro in like 30 seconds, and yet a physician kills me with VI as he stands there and laughs about it. Now if the physician were taking 3500 dps as well, they'd definitely be killable, the same way all other healing souls are killable 1v1.

    This means removing: expectant treatment, preemptive therapy, preventive medication, and the absorbs from life insurance and emergency response. With all these gone you'd have a level playing field. Physicians don't need puri-like shields AND the best ST heals in the game.

    Also, while you're at it, remove all mana drains from the game. So clerics and mages aren't useless after being tunneled by a sin for 20-30 seconds. Physicians have the luxury of laughing at any dps 1v1, while chloro/sent/puri/defiler just get destroyed by any good dps 1v1, and they also have to deal with drains?? Seriously?
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

  2. #2
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    phys healing is not even remotely close to chloro

    phys : single target healing, adequate shields, crappy aoe heal, abysmally terrible damage

    chloro : healing thru damage, raid buffs, dots, aoe heals, never runs OOM (unless vs drain spec)


    your argument is invalid or a troll (I will opt for latter)


    thank you drive thru

  3. #3
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Yea phys hybrids can easily outheal a 61 chloro. Same with tact/bard. I look at what hostile does and just want to throw my monitor across the room. The salt in the wound... Damn near impossible to kill a phys and you sure as hell cant starve their resources (lol cleanse soul lol). I and every other mage has given up on chloro ever seeing some survivability added.

    #reroll rog
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    phys healing is not even remotely close to chloro

    phys : single target healing, adequate shields, crappy aoe heal, abysmally terrible damage

    chloro : healing thru damage, raid buffs, dots, aoe heals, never runs OOM (unless vs drain spec)


    your argument is invalid or a troll (I will opt for latter)


    thank you drive thru
    Find me a chloro that would last 30+ seconds vs me, and I'll believe you. Or, find a 3s/5s team willing to run a chloro that doesn't lose in 30 seconds. Take your pick. People like you are the real reason this game is nowhere close to balanced. The devs don't know how to filter through the bads/trolls on the forums (like yourself), which impedes all constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Slowburn; 07-28-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

  5. #5
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    I thought they nerfed the hybrids. I wouldn't know because I only play 61 phys. The OP is referencing a 61 pt phys which is why I said his argument can't really be made. Chloro is aoe heals + dmg and a raid buff - 61pt phys is st heals with no damage or raid buffs.


    I will say that mage does get the shaft in healing souls cause all they have is Chloro.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    Find me a chloro that would last 30+ seconds vs me, and I'll believe you. Or, find a 3s/5s team willing to run a chloro that doesn't lose in 30 seconds. Take your pick. People like you are the real reason this game is nowhere close to balanced. The devs don't know how to filter through the bads/trolls on the forums (like yourself), which impedes all constructive criticism.
    Chloro is aoe heals, not ST heals. They do not have the saves and ST heals like phys or sentinel (maybe puri but not familiar with puri). So there is your difference. Dude, I'm an utterly terrible bad/troll and even I can wrap my mind around this concept.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser VolsalexR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Chloro is long overdue for survivability buffs, it is disgusting to play it after Cleric healing souls in PVP (and my Mage is much better geared than Cleric).

    Assuming that "all souls will get revamped", I hope Kervik will look on its survivability, however, I'm pretty sure this will not be too soon as he needs to work on other souls now.

    I also expect this thread be flooded with smarties that will say "but,but, Chloro has tons of HP!", "Chloro is an AOE healer!" or "Chloro has Wild Growth, it is the best healer!", which definitely "help it survive in PVP".

    Edit: I wrote my post before the last 2 posts appeared
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 07-28-2014 at 05:58 AM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    This has been stated before, a lot, probably.

    Can all absorbs from physician please be removed? This is just ******ed. The self healing ability between a chloro and physician is staggering. I can easily rip 3.5k dps on a chloro, but vs a physician that dps gets reduced to ~2200, and yet, the physician doesn't even need to use any cast times abilities to stay alive. The chloro has to spam cast time spells and is forced into constantly being interrupted every 8-10 seconds (not to mention that they can't move).

    If physician is to have infinite resources, at least make it to where they can take the same amount of dps as a chloro (meaning no absorbs), and ffs, give chloro some self healing potential already ( other than bloom/essence, bloom doesn't even hit as hard as a physician finisher or urgent care, or casual). I can kill any chloro in like 30 seconds, and yet a physician kills me with VI as he stands there and laughs about it. Now if the physician were taking 3500 dps as well, they'd definitely be killable, the same way all other healing souls are killable 1v1.

    This means removing: expectant treatment, preemptive therapy, preventive medication, and the absorbs from life insurance and emergency response. With all these gone you'd have a level playing field. Physicians don't need puri-like shields AND the best ST heals in the game.

    Also, while you're at it, remove all mana drains from the game. So clerics and mages aren't useless after being tunneled by a sin for 20-30 seconds. Physicians have the luxury of laughing at any dps 1v1, while chloro/sent/puri/defiler just get destroyed by any good dps 1v1, and they also have to deal with drains?? Seriously?
    what sin is eating mana while you lolpurgespam them in bm? show me a 5s team running sins that's winning games. and I'm pretty sure the last tournament was won by a team with a chloro hybrid. spammable ranged purge should be removed first
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-28-2014 at 06:05 AM.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I thought they nerfed the hybrids. I wouldn't know because I only play 61 phys. The OP is referencing a 61 pt phys which is why I said his argument can't really be made. Chloro is aoe heals + dmg and a raid buff - 61pt phys is st heals with no damage or raid buffs.


    I will say that mage does get the shaft in healing souls cause all they have is Chloro.
    I'm referencing physician in general. I'm the one that originally made the phys/rs spec and posted about it (when everyone called it trash) but now everyone runs it as the standard in 3s/5s, it was nerfed, but it still works. The point is that I know hybrids, and I know exactly what phys is capable of, and I'm saying straight up that all shields have to go. Also, you didn't address anything I said either. You can have your aoe heals and living energy, won't help you if you can't stay alive vs 1 competent dps, whereas a physician can not only stay alive, they can keep other people alive in the process. Chloro can't do that for ****.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    what sin is eating mana while you lolpurgespam them in bm? show me a 5s team running sins that's winning games. and I'm pretty sure the last tournament was won by a team with a chloro hybrid. spammable ranged purge should be removed first
    The last tourney was not won by a chloro hybrid. Me/Nefy/Gankt won it. Just stop posting. 2 Sins in 5s can work with the right comp, even vs a BM, assuming there is a cleric healer. Just you wouldn't think of the right team comp to run in a million years (with x2 sins), so I won't wait for you to figure it out.

    Besides, the effectiveness of sin vs BM has nothing to do with the fact that physician is OP relative to every other healing soul for a multitude of reasons, so take that **** somewhere else.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

  11. #11
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    You can have your aoe heals and living energy, won't help you if you can't stay alive vs 1 competent dps, whereas a physician can not only stay alive, they can keep other people alive in the process. Chloro can't do that for ****.
    ST Phys (as well as cleric ST heals) have ST heals so that they can ST heal themselves in their ST heal spec when pressured by a dps. It helps to have those ST heals in a ST heal spec. Not really sure how you manage to hold up with aoe heals and 1 oh-sh*t heal.

    Maybe trion should give mages a ST heal soul so they can ST heal and stuff and maybe not die a lot and stuff.

    PS: ST heals.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Chloro is aoe heals, not ST heals. They do not have the saves and ST heals like phys or sentinel (maybe puri but not familiar with puri). So there is your difference. Dude, I'm an utterly terrible bad/troll and even I can wrap my mind around this concept.
    Ok, since chloro is "aoe", you're admitting that it's useless in pvp right? No team will run an aoe healer in 3s/5s right? Therefore, my argument still holds, physician is way out of balance relative to chloro in PVP (and relative to every other healer). I'm not talking about cq/ pve raids, or 15vs15 pug WFs, where you would want 1 chloro being carried by real heals so it can aoe spam like a warden or liberator. I'm talking about real pvp, NOT zerg vs zerg crap.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

  13. #13
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Shield Warden > Phys + Chloro
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  14. #14
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    Ok, since chloro is "aoe", you're admitting that it's useless in pvp right? No team will run an aoe healer in 3s/5s right? Therefore, my argument still holds, physician is way out of balance relative to chloro in PVP (and relative to every other healer). I'm not talking about cq/ pve raids, or 15vs15 pug WFs, where you would want 1 chloro being carried by real heals so it can aoe spam like a warden or liberator. I'm talking about real pvp, NOT zerg vs zerg crap.
    I agree with you, Chloro is useless in 3s/5s as you say and I have already stated that mages got the shaft on healing souls. I also think mages should have a ST soul along with Chloro. That would be really swell and neat.

    But I don't think phys is op vs chloro just because phys can run in 3/5 man and chloro cannot. It's like trying to stick a potato in a toaster and getting mad because you can't make a sandwich with it. The only similarity is that you can eat potatoes and you can eat sandwiches.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I agree with you, Chloro is useless in 3s/5s as you say and I have already stated that mages got the shaft on healing souls. I also think mages should have a ST soul along with Chloro. That would be really swell and neat.

    But I don't think phys is op vs chloro just because phys can run in 3/5 man and chloro cannot. It's like trying to stick a potato in a toaster and getting mad because you can't make a sandwich with it. The only similarity is that you can eat potatoes and you can eat sandwiches.
    Chloro actually does really well ST, just not on themselves. You can't say that chloro is an aoe soul, warden and liberator definitely are. Honestly... Chloro's should be able to put synthesis on themselves, there, I said it. It still takes a GCD to swap, and they would still take a crap ton of dps and not have any saves like healers cov/ life insurance/ UT etc etc. So I think it would be fine if they could. But this wouldn't change the fact that physician not only has the best ST heals, but they also take the least damage (not including puri), and can't be drained. If you're telling me that only physician should be viable for 3s and 5s, then fine, that's your opinion. No one else wants that though, people want diversity, and you only have to make a few tweaks to physician to bring it down, and a few buffs to chloro to bring it up to competitive status.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts