+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why are PvP weapons so bad...

Default Why are PvP weapons so bad...

compared to BiS PvE weapons? Any upgrades for PvP weps in the near future?
    Last edited by Alyn; 07-28-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: removed overly large font

what's bad about them and why are you comparing them to pve weapons?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Small minded complaint.. You could never compare the 2..

They're 2 different Levels of playing (PvE/PvP). Of course PvE weps. will have better stats.
    .............................. ........ ... ..

I can't...
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Why is PvP so bad?

I am concerned if it is just going to stay dead or if something will be done in 3.0.

Because PvP weapons aren't intended to compete with PvE weapons.

You can't use PvE weapons in PvP because of bolstering (except for world PvP, which is something that Trion does not balance or design for). And you can't really use PvP weapons in PvE because of how little hit they have.

PvP weapons are BiS for PvP, and PvE weapons are BiS for PvE. So I don't really see what the issue is.

Prophet of Telara

I think people simply would like to see some new content once in a while. There are new PvE weapons so obviously PvPers would like to get some upgrade at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Default RE:

When I go PvE'ing with my PvP weapon I'm worse than usual...I just think the DPS should be similar...but who'd of thunk rogues would be UBER healers, cloth wearing Mages would be tanks!?!?!
    Last edited by Alyn; 07-28-2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: removed overly large text

please stop yelling

i'm sensitive irl and i'm literally on the verge of tears atm
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    I think people simply would like to see some new content once in a while. There are new PvE weapons so obviously PvPers would like to get some upgrade at least.
    Don't hold your breath. Though it is the very least that they could do, I would not expect anything until 3.0.

You are 100% correct; Weapons, Warfronts, Arenas and other forms of PvP content are what PvPers want to see.

Ok, I'm convinced.. Its just a TroLL...

There's no way others are in agreeance with this.. Such a flip flop topic,
    and would be a never ending argument especially with ppl's opinions and Dreams of PvE&PvP weps having similar Stats.

I can see it now!..(The Future)

"Forming CQ pm, LFG, but you must have 500 hit on your PvP Weps send pts"

The Irony..
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

You are comparing apples and oranges. PvE gear doesn't even work in PvP settings. PvP in Rift is sort of in a vacuum as far as itemization goes.

Probably why it hands out PvE gear. But for real, as far as simple purposes like adventuring out into the games open world, PvP gear is plenty strong enough, especially once you are wear r90 vendor or boxed relic gear. Even though its way lower than PvE gear, you are still smashing the open world. Which is fine, you should need real PvE gear to do stuff like harder dungeons and raids.

I had this issue when SL first came out because they used to keep them in check. But in hindsight, it is better overall because they can keep PvP in it's own world so to speak and they don't have to shy about pumping up PvE progression gear/itemization.

It just makes it easier to itemize for both ends (pvp and pve) when they are kept separate the way they are minus a few cross over slots they intend to be useful in both areas - like (seemingly) seals and trinkets. Though I hear despite bolstering weapon damage values are not changed. Since I don't raid I can't say how big of an impact that really has despite the actual stat loss ou will receive. I don't know, my rogue is decked in PvP gear and I do more than fine,

And you have to purposely go and change your font size. Why would you do that? I mean, I first started using message boards when I was 10 or 11. Even at that age I knew doing such was a bad idea. Why? You will just annoy people and lessen your chances or even having your question answered because annoyance will take over their desire to read the question and reply pragmatically. However, I am prescribed diazepam and I am in a mood where I just don't care. So consider this response lucky.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-27-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

because weapon damage/dumping sp on weapons is already hard enough for pve, let alone keeping it sane for pvp.

You might see another boring unimaginative RNG upgrade for +2 primary stat some day though. But nothing cool like a pve weapon.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 07-27-2014 at 05:37 PM.

I wouldn't mind a proc or set bonus on my pvp weapons...

other than that, meh, topic is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Champion of Telara

Because Trion makes more money if it forces players to accumulate two completely independent gear sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Because Trion makes more money if it forces players to accumulate two completely independent gear sets.
    i don't really think that has anything to do with it, it's likely that they don't want to make all pve gear bis in pvp too, forcing players to participate in 20 man raids and get lucky with rng drops to be competitive in pvp.

having a limited set of gear which everyone has access to, aside from box pieces, makes balance issues easier to handle too.

my hand of true ascension on my cleric is pretty sweet though B)
    Last edited by ecru; 07-28-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast