+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we fix rewards?

Soulwalker

Default Can we fix rewards?

Warlord marks are useless, would make sense that a mark could buy gear of that level, but what do I know. So either spend money to get gear beyond freelancer, or hope that the RNG fairy shows up and grants you something useful.

Now that the thread is open, let all the self proclaimed know-it-all's tell me I don't know what I am doing, or that i'm wrong. Or just stop wasting time posting here and let the Devs possibly assist the game in general.

Pre-answers. This is the correct forum as it is PVP, suggestions could be emailed and anything else, but since Trion takes longer to act than congress at least we can post here and possible other players can keep sending them the requests until they are addressed.

Plane Touched

I do agree that there are too many different type of currencies to keep track of for gear in RvR. It would be much simpler to have 2, 1 for favor and 1 for marks.

Even then things get complicated when you try and start upgrading stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 617716 View Post
    Warlord marks are useless, would make sense that a mark could buy gear of that level, but what do I know. So either spend money to get gear beyond freelancer, or hope that the RNG fairy shows up and grants you something useful.
    warlord marks can be used to buy depleted supply crates and warlord cell upgrade components.

when upgrading from freelancer, you have two choices:
    1. buy the upgrade components with warlord marks or credits. use these to upgrade your freelancer to the standard warlord set.
    2. buy the crates with warlord marks or credits and hope for warlord gear. stats will vary dramatically, and you'll receive many duplicates, but you can end up with a better set of gear this way. in addition, you'll also be receiving a lot of essences, runes, and other consumables that you will find really useful.

you clearly don't need to spend money to upgrade beyond freelancer.
    however, spending money will make it faster (after all, you can buy the entire warlord set in one go, if you are prepared to spend the cash).

to upgrade to myrmidon requires myrmidon marks only. there is no cash option at all for myrmidon upgrade components.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    warlord marks can be used to buy depleted supply crates and warlord cell upgrade components.

when upgrading from freelancer, you have two choices:
    1. buy the upgrade components with warlord marks or credits. use these to upgrade your freelancer to the standard warlord set.
    2. buy the crates with warlord marks or credits and hope for warlord gear. stats will vary dramatically, and you'll receive many duplicates, but you can end up with a better set of gear this way. in addition, you'll also be receiving a lot of essences, runes, and other consumables that you will find really useful.

you clearly don't need to spend money to upgrade beyond freelancer.
    however, spending money will make it faster (after all, you can buy the entire warlord set in one go, if you are prepared to spend the cash).

to upgrade to myrmidon requires myrmidon marks only. there is no cash option at all for myrmidon upgrade components.
    Ofc there's, buy daily Wafront charge and get as many myrm marks as you want.
    Last edited by Otts; 07-26-2014 at 08:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Complexity of any pvp aspect depends solely on ones IQ level.

well besides stacking boosts

... and buying more daily wf charges.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 07-26-2014 at 10:43 AM.

I'm craving for WL marks

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    well besides stacking boosts

... and buying more daily wf charges.
    boosts don't work on mrym marks. they specifically state so.

... I'd forgotten the warfront charges even existed, tbh. is there no cap on how many you can use in a day/week?

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Funny though there was an upgrade path for every piece of freelancer gear I ever owned. And they all took Warlord marks.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

OP:

open your character window (the "C" key, unless you re-bound it)
    hold down the ALT key and click on a piece of freelancer gear you wish to upgrade.
    this opens a window with three boxes. the top box is your current freelancer gear. the bottom box is the warlord gear it upgrades too. the middle box is the item you need to upgrade with. it will either be a warlords small cell, warlords cell, or warlords large cell.

now open the rift store.
    click on the pvp tab.
    click on the upgrade components tab.
    select the warlord upgrade component you require, you can choose to pay with either warlord marks and favour, or credits.

once you have the warlord upgrade component in your bag, go back to your character window.
    hold down the ALT key and click on the piece of freelancer gear you selected earlier.
    click the "Upgrade" button that you will find down the bottom.

Congratulations! you now have a piece of warlord gear!

Soulwalker

OP:

open your character window (the "C" key, unless you re-bound it)
    hold down the ALT key and click on a piece of freelancer gear you wish to upgrade.
    this opens a window with three boxes. the top box is your current freelancer gear. the bottom box is the warlord gear it upgrades too. the middle box is the item you need to upgrade with. it will either be a warlords small cell, warlords cell, or warlords large cell.

now open the rift store.
    click on the pvp tab.
    click on the upgrade components tab.
    select the warlord upgrade component you require, you can choose to pay with either warlord marks and favour, or credits.

once you have the warlord upgrade component in your bag, go back to your character window.
    hold down the ALT key and click on the piece of freelancer gear you selected earlier.
    click the "Upgrade" button that you will find down the bottom.

Congratulations! you now have a piece of warlord gear!

True. I still think if there are warlords marks there should be gear to buy directly with those marks, I have bought the crates and tried the lotto route, but the number of warlord marks it takes to make one piece of warlord gear makes it just seem to me that the game was intended to become just another pay to win game.

Rift Disciple

True. I still think if there are warlords marks there should be gear to buy directly with those marks, I have bought the crates and tried the lotto route, but the number of warlord marks it takes to make one piece of warlord gear makes it just seem to me that the game was intended to become just another pay to win game.
    Sorry to be blunt but you clearly don't understand the set up. You buy the freelancer gear with favor. Once you hit prestige 60, you can upgrade the freelancer gear you have with warlord upgrade cells, which you buy with the warlord marks. What you are requesting is basically the same, given that you are replacing your freelancer item with a newly bought (upgraded) warlord item.
    This upgrade function has been active since SL released nearly 2 years ago. PvE gear works the same from 50+.Also, the credit option was added a lot longer after the gear was available, at may i say, an exorbitant amount of money, that 99% of the playing population would not consider spending.

if you already have the freelancer gear, then there is no difference at all between buying a separate piece of warlord gear, or buying the upgrade component.

if warlord gear was available for marks + favour, then it would cost more than the upgrade component, because it would include the cost of the relevant freelancer item as well.

the lotto route isn't all bad, as the gear from the crates have different stats, sometimes more desirable stats. if that is the path you choose, I would strongly recommend maximising your marks per week. save up your dailies. complete your weeklies. when you have all weeklies and dailies done, pop a token boost (it helps to be a patron too) and some D.O.P.E (find on the rift store in the pvp section). then turn all the quests in together, buying crates as you go (so as to avoid hitting the token cap).

+ Reply to Thread