+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Class Choice Help.

Soulwalker

Default Class Choice Help.

Looking for a class that can excel in DPS or Healing in pvp , since I enjoy doing different things in pvp depending on my mood and if i'm solo queing or not. Any tips / advice would be fantastic.

Rogue.

You can't go wrong.

Soulwalker

Rogue ? hmm not surprised to be honest , Also will add I love the jack of blades pic.
    Last edited by Vindicare; 07-25-2014 at 01:54 PM.

*sigh* the last thing Rift pvp needs is more rogues.
    though he's right, they are good at everything, the best at some things.
    which is why we don't need any more of them, because every FotM kiddie is currently playing a rogue, and half the non FotM kiddies are also playing rogues, because they got tired of their preferred class playing second fiddle to rogues in their chosen role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

And that's why I was asking , I mainly play warriors in well everything but from what i've read they aren't that great .

for PvP...

Mages struggle as healers and end up being best used as support healers to better heal souls from Cleric and the Rogue one. They have a good CC class that no other calling touches. It does decent AoE damage for the CC it brings. It can really debilitate someone. Mage DPS is alright, but it can mostly be cleansed off so if someone starts doing that you get a major wrench in your killing power.

Warriors are limited but make some good damage doing hybrids that squash ( 1 v 1) typical rogue DPS souls that do equal or better damage. They have a couple good damage souls in good places and a very powerful (atm) ST dps soul. They are a pretty limited calling. They have an AoE healing soul,, I am not highly familiar with it, but I know I don't have major issue killing warrior healers.

Clerics - 3 great healing souls that execute uniquely to one another. One provides shielding, one is raw healing, and another is the king of mitigation. They have a good range caster DPS soul (and an AoE one that can pull it off) as well as a good melee soul. Clerics are in a good spot.

Rogues have all the good stuff. Their ranged souls are nothing to write home about but they can good. Rogue melee is very good when played well and healed when needed. Their support souls are great and the new healing soul is enough to fill my heal void that I want. If I wanted healing as my main niche I'd still want a cleric because they are viable in a variety of ways for healing. But Rogues in general are like jack of all trades for PvP. They can range DPS, melee DPS in a few varieties, have some great AoE power, strong ST burst, good ST healing, solid support, and their tank role is pretty rockin'. I am also biased as I am a rogue . But as others have said, you can't go wrong with one. For PvP purposes, they are a very fluid calling where synergy is at a good level and soul viability is very strong for most of the souls. I'd say the least viable ones are Tact and RS. Tact just makes hybrids some choose to use and RS has only a couple objectives related niches because it can move swiftly. The other 8 souls can definitely make a spot for themselves on a WF team. I do not feel like that is the case with every calling, I think Rogue has the best overall versatility in PvP. But that is not to say *at all* that the other callings are anything short of very powerful in their own ways in PvP. I am merely speaking on a versatility aspect here.

2c.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

so Clerics can do some good Range DPS , is there melee comparable or range still ahead?
    Last edited by Vindicare; 07-25-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Soulwalker

As if clerics are near as jack of all trades as the Rogue (you didn't mention the cleric tanking soul) id pick that , since there is too many rogues as it is apparently lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicare View Post
    Looking for a class that can excel in DPS or Healing in pvp , since I enjoy doing different things in pvp depending on my mood and if i'm solo queing or not. Any tips / advice would be fantastic.
    No contest....rogue.

Thank you trion.....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    No contest....rogue.

Thank you trion.....
    No contest , nothing even comes close lol ? not even the cleric?

Soulwalker

If so.. that's a tad disappointing , how long have Rogues been so good may I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicare View Post
    If so.. that's a tad disappointing , how long have Rogues been so good may I ask?
    It is exaggeration. They are the most versatile probably. But don't kid yourself that any good player behind any calling can perform exceptionally.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It is exaggeration. They are the most versatile probably. But don't kid yourself that any good player behind any calling can perform exceptionally.
    Well that's good , my ideal choice would be Cleric or Warrior , also as for sides is it still the same as Before Deviant and Guardians rotate who's winning , or has one side shot ahead?
    Last edited by Vindicare; 07-25-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Soulwalker

Because my preference is warriors , what dps specs are good for PvP , and how is the healing soul ? as for when i'm with my friends I like to heal and keep them alive but if its meh I won't waste the 40$ on the soul pack.

Play Rog, be a BAWS, feel good, no regrets, have fun.
    Last edited by Sezex; 07-25-2014 at 08:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast