+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ConclusionTheFirst
  • 3 Post By pukemonster
  • 1 Post By Daglar
  • 1 Post By asianguywithacamera

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What Happens When You Tie in Conquest?

Default What Happens When You Tie in Conquest?

I have a friend who plays Rift, and both he and I are wondering what happens when you and another team(s) tie for the lead at the end of a Conquest match?

My friend, always being the imaginative one, has come up with 4 different "legends" (his words) on what happens when you tie in Conquest:

1: A "sudden death" round happens. In this case, if it is not a three-way tie, the team that got third place will be kicked out and will lose all of their extractors/points. In addition, a player who is on a team that tied can challenge a member of the opposing team. If he accepts, the two meet on a platform high above the battlefield and is a duel to the death. First one to die or fall off the platform loses and is kicked out of the map. The sudden death round ends as soon as they either A. Take an extractor (stillmoor only) or B. gain points (Steppes only).

2: Same "sudden death" round, except the third team keeps control of extractors/points, stays in, and is sort of "devils advocate" to both sides. Only rule is, the third team that did not tie CANNOT challenge.

3: An "extractor race" or "stone race" happens.

3a: In the case of extractor race, all of the map resets to neutral, one team that tied spawns at their own base and its a race against the clock to get all the extractors. Then after all of map is under control, the second team goes, again on a neutral map and will race against the clock. Repeat above if the third team tied. Team with fastest time conquers Stillmoor.

3b: In case of "stone race", 20 prearranged players from one team will race against the clock and against 5 prearranged players from another team to get the stones from both Fort A and B and deposit them into their respective forts. The 20 players, although they can die, are the only ones that can handle the stones, but take note, the 5 players cannot touch the stones but are immune to damage and status-altering effects. After they successfully turn in the stones, the second team brings on their 20 prearranged players and the first team brings on their 5. Whomever gets stones turned in the fastest wins the battle and conquers the Steppes. Note that if all 3 teams tied, each team fields 20 players and its a race to see who can turn in a stone the fastest. Note that if a stone carrier is killed, the stone will respawn back at the fort it originated from. Whomever turns in stone first will be declared the winner.

4: "Elimination" At the end of the match, if teams tied, the teams will play a sort of "hunt." The goal is to try to kill all of the opposing side(s) first. Note that to prevent spawn campers, the mega turrets will NOT be active and players can go in and kill as normal. There is no respawning and there is no rezzing, so make this life count. Last side standing is the winner. Note that if the last two players are killed at the same time, they will be rezzed with a full health bar and will go at it again. If they are killed again at same time, they will be rezzed with a full health bar, but DoT's are disabled. If they still go down at same time, it is broken by a coin flip.

Well, help answer me and my friends question...what happens when you tie in conquest?

Both the tied Factions get to loot the chest, as simple as that, plus it wouldn't count as a 'win' for the weekly quest

You sit back and enjoy the favor roll in, that is, if you're on the stronger team

You proceed to toss feces around hoping that it sticks.

CQ is not PvP though; CQ fosters terrible play in PvP situations. More often than not the real PvPers come out on top.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    You sit back and enjoy the favor roll in, that is, if you're on the stronger team
    You just said a bad word "stronger". This word is considered negative because it assumes someone else is weaker. What you should say is, "if your the team that's isn't hampered by X class." That helps through the blame on someone other than themselves.

I had a 3-way tie shortly after the cq chest was implemented. It was actually quite fun (no one looted the chest as I recall).

Rift Disciple

daglar pops out of all 3 chests and yells TROLLED

Alright, guys, love all the jokes, but I don't want the moderators in here just yet. So, Slipmat, both sides get to loot? What if all three tie?

Then 3 chests spawn and the one you want to loot is the one that sparkles.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    daglar pops out of all 3 chests and yells TROLLED
    It would be cooler if I was like a chest burster from Alien(s) and did this to everyone instead of from a static chest.

~Daglar

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    Alright, guys, love all the jokes, but I don't want the moderators in here just yet. So, Slipmat, both sides get to loot? What if all three tie?
    All three sides have chests to loot / are awarded the favor/prestige for a win.

This does not count as a win for the quests however.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    It would be cooler if I was like a chest burster from Alien(s) and did this to everyone instead of from a static chest.

~Daglar
    I'd prefer Erika Eleniak coming out of the cake like in Under Siege.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    A Daglar head bursting out of my (character's) chest would probably cause me to uninstall.

Though I am sure some of our wonderful forum photoshop artists are already hard at work on visual representations of what a Daglar head chestburster would look like.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

+ Reply to Thread