+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Melee unplayable again thanks to knockbacks

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Axarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    487

    Default Melee unplayable again thanks to knockbacks

    Yeah who would have though that giving a class a passive knockback would be totally fine and not ridiculously broken.

    Knockbacks need to have their own DR. 10s immunity after a knockback.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Reroll to Paragon and get immunity to knockbacks. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

  3. #3
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Reroll to Paragon and get immunity to knockbacks. ;)
    Keep quiet about that! Let the delusional clowns continue to think that it is too squishy and not viable. It is so much better than scrublord, simply requires a brain.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Such delicious ironing to hear melees complaining about movement control.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Reroll to Paragon and get immunity to knockbacks. ;)
    This is why we can have nice things.

  6. #6
    Champion DrkC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    Yeah who would have though that giving a class a passive knockback would be totally fine and not ridiculously broken.

    Knockbacks need to have their own DR. 10s immunity after a knockback.
    "I can't pin this guy down for 20 seconds to get my burst out, nerf the SC knockbacks! I only have a pull on an 8 second cooldown and 2 charges (possibly more)."

    Get out of here with this nonsense.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrkC View Post
    "I can't pin this guy down for 20 seconds to get my burst out, nerf the SC knockbacks! I only have a pull on an 8 second cooldown and 2 charges (possibly more)."

    Get out of here with this nonsense.
    Exactly, melee Warriors and Rouges have been the completely unchecked masters of WFs for what now, almost a year?

    "It counters our broken ability to completely negate range, it's too stronk!!!!"

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Exactly, melee Warriors and Rouges have been the completely unchecked masters of WFs for what now, almost a year?

    "It counters our broken ability to completely negate range, it's too stronk!!!!"
    Man is sucks when someone touches me. I get frustrated and sometimes I run to the forums to complain about melee being in melee range. I also hate watching Meduza youtube videos. That mage just counters my arguments left and right. My ability to play the mage class has nothing to do with my skill level but rather everyone else is cheating.

    #argumentoftheweak

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser wylwrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    Yeah who would have though that giving a class a passive knockback would be totally fine and not ridiculously broken.

    Knockbacks need to have their own DR. 10s immunity after a knockback.
    No don't! Please keep that knockback just the way it is.

    I've gotten more killing blows than usual from this class that thinks they can just stand in one spot and they'll be safe.

  10. #10
    Champion DrkC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post
    No don't! Please keep that knockback just the way it is.

    I've gotten more killing blows than usual from this class that thinks they can just stand in one spot and they'll be safe.
    Well shouldn't we be able to? Why should we have to move?
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

  11. #11
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I don't see an issue.

    BD has lots of CC immunity/breaks that give immunity after the break. Plus an AoE that channels for 6s that gives CC immunity.

    Sin has a charge that is up every 8s with a root off the DR and much easier to subspec something like MM for half decent ranged attacks.

    NB, while their most powerful stuff is done in melee range, they have a redeemable 20m range capability. Plus a 15m port/CC removal can help.

    I don't seen an issue with Rogue melee and current KB's in the game.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  12. #12
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I don't see an issue.

    BD has lots of CC immunity/breaks that give immunity after the break. Plus an AoE that channels for 6s that gives CC immunity.

    Sin has a charge that is up every 8s with a root off the DR and much easier to subspec something like MM for half decent ranged attacks.

    NB, while their most powerful stuff is done in melee range, they have a redeemable 20m range capability. Plus a 15m port/CC removal can help.

    I don't seen an issue with Rogue melee and current KB's in the game.
    This is absurd.

    What melee Rogues need most atm is a poison that stuns for 5secs every 15secs with no dr. That is the only way to stop those OP Stormcallers!

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Maul STK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I don't see an issue.
    .....
    By his sig i'd say he's a warrior.
    A warrior who thinks that melee in PvP is unplayable these days... i don't think he's serious.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

  14. #14
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    I wonder how range would feel with this same logic applied to pulls

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    I wonder how range would feel with this same logic applied to pulls
    Lol when did logic ever get used in these forums.


    #lollogic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts