+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ban using vanish in pvp

Rift Disciple

Default Ban using vanish in pvp

Ban vanish when attacking other players.

Why you may ask?

Simple, if you're going to attack other players you shouldn't have the option to vanish, pop hidden veil and head for the hills. Warriors stay and fight, Clerics stay and fight, hell even mages stay and fight. Why give a class the option to get first hit and a ***** out card?

They are not the squishiest class in game, they do not hit the weakest of all classes.
    They do not need any more easy moding in pvp. I have a rogue and even I can admit the class gets pvp handed to them on a plate lol.

So if any rogue says they have skill and proceeds to run after a beat down, congratulations

Champion of Telara

How would rogues leave spawn without Slip Away?

Maybe just change it to something more appropriate like explosive diarrhea that makes you slip and fall for 4s or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemage View Post

Why you may ask?

Simple, if you're going to attack other players you shouldn't have the option to vanish, pop hidden veil and head for the hills. Warriors stay and fight, Clerics stay and fight, hell even mages stay and fight. Why give a class the option to get first hit and a ***** out card?

They are not the squishiest class in game, they do not hit the weakest of all classes.
    They do not need any more easy moding in pvp. I have a rogue and even I can admit the class gets pvp handed to them on a plate lol.

So if any rogue says they have skill and proceeds to run after a beat down, congratulations
    you sound angry?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    you sound angry?
    Too many assasins running off after trying to start something. Gotta admit it's a class based on being a puss puss

Ahh, the old "What do you do with cowards?" debate.

Step 1: peel away the offending person or convince opposing team to peel away offender because teams are like onions.
    Step 2: bring in that healer you so desparately need.
    Step 3: go, fight, WIN!

This has been "Minuteshed." Tune in next time, where Shed will reveal the secret to never dying once.
    Last edited by Shedelin; 07-21-2014 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Wording

Why you may ask?

Have you played Assassin? It's a lot of waiting for your opportunity. That doesn't sound like much, but it adds up. You have to be patient to play that class. I can't stand it myself, I like more constant action.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Someone is mad at slip away, this is nothing new :/
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

It isn't, Violacea? Give me two other examples, and I'll believe you.

Only reason I'm asking is because I didnt believe you when you said you are on par with Five Guys when it comes to hot dogs.

I'll post the link to it tomorrow. Tired. Going to bed.
    Last edited by Shedelin; 07-21-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Wording

hell even mages stay and fight
    just because they do doesn't mean they should

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    It isn't, Violacea? Give me two other examples, and I'll believe you.
    I don't have time to look all over the forums to make a point. Slip Away has been complained about for years. Anyone who has been here for years on the forums will tell ya.

Too bad you take damage now for those 3s . Used to be pure immunity during the 3s of Slip Away being active.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    How would rogues leave spawn without Slip Away?

Maybe just change it to something more appropriate like explosive diarrhea that makes you slip and fall for 4s or something.
    in WAR the goblin detaunt animation was the gobo peeing itself and leaving a puddle...
    and the goblin shaman gtaoe snare was ... um ... a messy splatter of spores (goblins are fungi in WAR).

also, it wont be just sins that can leave combat, eventually:

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    [*]51 Points: Cloak of Death Self Buff oGCD - 90s cooldown Envelops the Reaver into the shadows that conceals them from being seen. Removes all movement debuffs. Lasts for 6s. Does not break on damage taken. Movement speed is reduced by 30% while cloaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

That ability won't be as good as you think. It's like having a 3s HV on a class with no from stealth openers. At best it can just take some heat off you for a moment. Or sneak over to another target. It wont nearly be as powerful as the 61sin slip away. The -30% movement sucks. You move so slow without the sin buffs to move at normal speed >.>
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-21-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    That ability won't be as good as you think. It's like having a 3s HV on a class with no from stealth openers. At best it can just take some heat off you for a moment. Or sneak over to another target. It wont nearly be as powerful as the 61sin slip away. The -30% movement sucks. You move so slow without the sin buffs to move at normal speed >.>
    I'm aware of all that. it still wont be useless in pvp and will make players like the OP mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Why you may ask?

I agree lets ban it. ..... let's also ban pain armor and squirrels and charges and pulls and X-healing and debils and everything else that's annoying in pvp. F%$k it just let everyone auto attack each other to death =P It's a 2 min CD skill and a main part of the play style for that soul, much like pulls charges etc. There is only 1 OP rogue class atm and it's not this one.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I'm aware of all that. it still wont be useless in pvp and will make players like the OP mad.
    The simplest things do. It will be nice utility for sure. I was kind of just saying that in the sense that, it's nothing near OP and it's not like this game doesn't have it already .
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-21-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast