+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ban using vanish in pvp

Personally, I never understood why rogues have invis anyways? In EQ it was my wizard. Step outta invis and crit for about 360K. Ah, the olden days!

BTW, I was looking at a top 10, MMOPRG listing the other day. It was based on user ratings. RIFT was right up there, like 3 or 4. EQ Next even higher. Heh. I didn't think that was out yet?
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Default *sigh...

The Class/spec title speaks for itself.. Assassin.. To be able to take out a target(s) covertly and swiftly.

Not a new topic/thread at all.. And I said this before, every class has something Broken and/or is devastating and annoying to deal with and "slip" is at the bottom of the List.. Like you could still DIE in slip even after the fact.

Rogues(specifically sin) have NO survivability, and "Brew" Plz, I swear to you it only helps when it Crits.. If it weren't what it is today( aside from the sneak nerf that just happened and is nowhere to be found in "patch notes") in terms of DPS and other, I wouldn't even run the class.

It really takes skill, especially Learning to shorten cut offs and disconnects, its not easy shizz.
    Oh and try opening on a Warrior with 47-63k hp, (You having 23-31k) bring them to about 35% and WATCH their hp magically rise to full in under 2.5 sec. then stun you along with Ugly field active and making the rest history.. I wont even mention how Clerics kite sin and watch them die while Laughing...

If anything sin needs a better heal(s), and plz someone dont bring up Rft.Stlk, "Key sub." sin.

I respect how it is set up and slip speaks for itself/spec, it may seem Broken but its balanced along side other classes with tons of Healing and other tools. Its all us sin have to seek cover and heal via T.Stout.. And that's if we even survive while in slip...
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Personally, I never understood why rogues have invis anyways? In EQ it was my wizard. Step outta invis and crit for about 360K. Ah, the olden days!

BTW, I was looking at a top 10, MMOPRG listing the other day. It was based on user ratings. RIFT was right up there, like 3 or 4. EQ Next even higher. Heh. I didn't think that was out yet?
    This game would rupture a vein if they say the Eq1/2 wizard in a Warfront. People say these classes are OP.

And this is sort of why I will play Eqn when it comes out, to at least try.

1. I know SoE will put a wizard in their game
    2. I know SoE pampers their wizards and makes sure they are nothing short of stupidly OP.

The Pyro is Rift is like a level 48 wizard (with a cap of 95). But I agree, I was turned off a bit when mages didn't even have a legit invis ability. I was used to Rogues and Mages getting invis (or stealth and invis, they technically were two different things).
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-23-2014 at 08:11 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion

5 pages and no one mentions Harb's Storm Shroud?

you're slipping, folks.

i've been playing my sin steadily again for a bit in wf's and try to use slip away in what i feel is it's most effective use first and defensively when i'm about to be zerged.

to finish someone off or in the event of 1v2 get the first kill and start the second is the most often used scenario for me.

to me that's the best use of this skill. it comes down to your style and what you want to get done. i'm not afraid of dying heck as a glass cannon i die quite often. but i do get a fair share of kills and i can tell you most ppl appear to think i'm gone when i use slip away only to pop back 1 second later to continue the fight.

i tend to think there are more like me out there. not using slip away as a means to avoid a death in a 'fair fight situation'. but instead as an offensive maneuver - taking down the healer/dom in wf's while sacrificing death, having a solid chance at 1v2 (control point fights often like this) and if needed avoid the zerg.

i dont think ppl would have issue with use in this manner? i mean as someone else posted it is a stealth/burst class.

my rogue is cobracommander of seastone, hope to see you out there

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by stonelotus View Post
    5 pages and no one mentions Harb's Storm Shroud?

you're slipping, folks.
    Harb stealth breaks on damage

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post

In EverQuest 1 (I quit playing around Planes of Power), I thought Wizards were one of the worst classes in PVP. I initially looked at their Ice Comet and asked myself how anyone could beat a Wizard, then I saw classes with short cast knock-backs destroy them, and most of the wizard's damage being mitigated due to resistances on gear. And any class with Fear was basically ridiculous. I remember a wizard legitimately going out of mana trying to nuke me down once.

I also remember one shotting people with double backstab out of stealth, but being useless after that because there was no vanish in the Kunark era. Once you were in combat you were basically screwed, lol.
    Last edited by AlphaUnicorn; 07-23-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Rogues can't go invisible. If they jumped you, it is because they shard jumped and knew you would be at that exact spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    I see you are all kick butt with your 78 posts and everything but your noobishness is showing. This thread is such failsauce the op can't name the ability (3 posts lifetime...) and you are trying to defend it and call out the vet?

The results of the "everyone gets a trophy" generation...
    Yes, I'm a noob when it comes to forums. However, I don't know what you mean by the last part of your post, but I'm taking it as "The results of the 'who in the heck are you' generation..."

Now, back to the original question. I personally HATE stealthers. They are worse than spys on Team Fortress 2, and worse than Kobold Sappers on Orcs Must Die! 2.

Oh, and btw Bliter, I laugh everytime I look at your avatar/profile picture. #wrongmouse

This whole stealth thing is too OP it needs to be addressed. Maybe adjust it 2% or 3.5% that should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    Yes, I'm a noob when it comes to forums. However, I don't know what you mean by the last part of your post, but I'm taking it as "The results of the 'who in the heck are you' generation..."

Now, back to the original question. I personally HATE stealthers. They are worse than spys on Team Fortress 2, and worse than Kobold Sappers on Orcs Must Die! 2.

Oh, and btw Bliter, I laugh everytime I look at your avatar/profile picture. #wrongmouse
    It's this thread, it already started on the wrong foot. SA is old news, it's part of the dps package for stealth rogues as in an integral part of their dps. Trion hasn't done anything about it because its part of the design. I also don't think many of the people that complain about SA realize that they are actually complaining about an entirely different ability. This is one of those threads. So not only is it rehashing a well worn but just as dead topic, it's not even about the right ability. OP with 3 posts and Dakk with 10,000+ posts in a misdirected thread about the wrong ability and not a word about the right one from op kinda made me wonder what was up with demanding proof from Dakk.
    Last edited by Bliter; 07-23-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Harb stealth breaks on damage
    Why? I'm sorry but that just takes the bacon. 10 seconds and it breaks on damage. I don't even
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Why? I'm sorry but that just takes the bacon. 10 seconds and it breaks on damage. I don't even
    Seems like there was little to no PVP considerations for the skill (is there even a PVE use for it?). It so happens that Harb is a mage soul, not warrior, rogue or cleric. Looking at the state of Mages in PVP pre-pyro buffs and how they were basically regulated to playing either Dom or Chloro, you can kinda see why.

At least the tempest one lasts for as long as you stand still, allowing you to camp a spot the way an Assassin can despite breaking on damage.

Oh, Storm Shroud has a minute-long cooldown too, BTW. Compare that to regular stealth (10s cd, 30s duration with 30% movespeed penalty, infinite duration and no penalty if spec'ed in Sin), Tempest immobile stealth (10s cd infinite duration), slip away (2mins cd, 3s unbreakable that can further extended by 15s with hidden veil) and the upcoming reaver slip-away (1.5mins CD, 6 secs unbreakable with 30% movement speed penalty).

Many mage PVPers rerolled for a reason.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    Seems like there was little to no PVP considerations for the skill (is there even a PVE use for it?). It so happens that Harb is a mage soul, not warrior, rogue or cleric. Looking at the state of Mages in PVP pre-pyro buffs and how they were basically regulated to playing either Dom or Chloro, you can kinda see why.

At least the tempest one lasts for as long as you stand still, allowing you to camp a spot the way an Assassin can despite breaking on damage.

Oh, Storm Shroud has a minute-long cooldown too, BTW. Compare that to regular stealth (10s cd, 30s duration with 30% movespeed penalty, infinite duration and no penalty if spec'ed in Sin), Tempest immobile stealth (10s cd infinite duration), slip away (2mins cd, 3s unbreakable that can further extended by 15s with hidden veil) and the upcoming reaver slip-away (1.5mins CD, 6 secs unbreakable with 30% movement speed penalty).

Many mage PVPers rerolled for a reason.
    Harb stealth can be used in combat and drops agro (that's how it's useful in pve). Trion doesnt give all callings the same power of each ability so it stay unique. For example, Rogues lack link like abilities which they could place on other players. (all 3 other callings have at least one link which can be placed on another player). This is one of the reasons why replacing Defiler in raid is nearly impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Harb stealth can be used in combat and drops agro (that's how it's useful in pve). Trion doesnt give all callings the same power of each ability so it stay unique. For example, Rogues lack link like abilities which they could place on other players. (all 3 other callings have at least one link which can be placed on another player). This is one of the reasons why replacing Defiler in raid is nearly impossible.
    It so happens that the one link mages get (soul bound) is on a soul (61 pt Necro) that is neither viable at PVP nor Raids. "NecroDom" doesn't even get access to the skill due to it being a hybrid.

Having "something" in an uncompetitive/unviable spec makes it pretty useless. The Harb stealth won't help you if you have DoTs on you or the monster is spamming AOEs. How often does that happen in Raids?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast