+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ban using vanish in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I'm aware of all that. it still wont be useless in pvp and will make players like the OP mad.
    It actually sound much like SWTOR marauders they had a 4 sec stealth 45 sec CD. Sounds crappy but it allows you to reposition when you are getting smashed. 6 secs is a very long time really to not be seen and get around an obstacle out of harms way or get back behind your squishies for some healing.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Aren't warriors getting a slip away soon?

I say Reduce Slip away Cool Down to 1 min .
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Rift Disciple

I've always thought that when a rogue get out of stealth, he should get a debuff that prevents him from slipping away, for something like 45s maybe.
    That way, if he makes a bad choice on his target (and he has all the time needed to pick it up), then he must pay the price.
    But if he attacks normaly, then he will have his saver CD.

Rift Disciple

its so unfair that i get turned into a squirrel.

plz remove this ability

op is not mad just jealous he dies so much

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Koruen View Post
    I've always thought that when a rogue get out of stealth, he should get a debuff that prevents him from slipping away, for something like 45s maybe.
    That way, if he makes a bad choice on his target (and he has all the time needed to pick it up), then he must pay the price.
    But if he attacks normaly, then he will have his saver CD.
    Not gonna happen, because Slip Away is part of Sin dps rotation in PvE. Trion could turn Sin to Paragon like spec, with no stealth, no drains in PvP (drains are needed in T3 PvE on Laethys) but Sin's buffs would have to become unpurgable like Paragons, better disconnects like Paragon get with GH, Immunity to knockbacks, etc.

The question is whether people want to get rid of unique specs and just clone everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    in WAR the goblin detaunt animation was the gobo peeing itself and leaving a puddle...
    and the goblin shaman gtaoe snare was ... um ... a messy splatter of spores (goblins are fungi in WAR).

also, it wont be just sins that can leave combat, eventually:
    Think that is just enough to be able to mount up at a safe distance or los. Time will tell.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Not gonna happen, because Slip Away is part of Sin dps rotation in PvE. Trion could turn Sin to Paragon like spec, with no stealth, no drains in PvP (drains are needed in T3 PvE on Laethys) but Sin's buffs would have to become unpurgable like Paragons, better disconnects like Paragon get with GH, Immunity to knockbacks, etc.

The question is whether people want to get rid of unique specs and just clone everything.
    It should not change its overall dps as slip away has a 2mn CD, and i propose a 45s debuff (to be ajusted) after getting out of stealth.
    Except for a burst phase, I don't see how sin rotation would be affected for a 2min CD. I don't ask them to delete slip away.

What is unfair is that a sin can choose its target and attack it (with the benefit of surprise and initial burst) without any risk at all. If things turn bad, slip away = tie at worst if target doesn't die of poisons

It's already powerfull enough that if he attacks while being visible, he still can use the ultimate CD
    All the more that Trion has already made many things work differently in pve & pvp

Champion of Telara

It is the best defensive cooldown in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Koruen View Post
    It should not change its overall dps as slip away has a 2mn CD, and i propose a 45s debuff (to be ajusted) after getting out of stealth.
    Except for a burst phase, I don't see how sin rotation would be affected for a 2min CD. I don't ask them to delete slip away.

What is unfair is that a sin can choose its target and attack it (with the benefit of surprise and initial burst) without any risk at all. If things turn bad, slip away = tie at worst if target doesn't die of poisons

It's already powerfull enough that if he attacks while being visible, he still can use the ultimate CD
    All the more that Trion has already made many things work differently in pve & pvp
    Stealth classes are usually pretty op in mmos. 1 on 1 its extremely annoying but in WF it just means time to move away from an objective if your not prepared or time to attack their newly exposed healer.

Champion of Telara

Meh, rogues will always be the golden children of MMOs because they are always a reliable subset of players, are very demanding, and spend plenty of money.

Do you have any idea how many credits it takes to get your she-elf, DrzzztDuPwnu's skin the exact right shade of blue and to find the perfect thong and bikini top dyed Exceptionally Black?

Everyone had a choice the first time the character screen loaded. Many current rogues are this class because we've played rogues in other MMOs.

If you hate it so much, you can always join the darkside.

Shadowlander

#powderpoofer

Ascendant

I think the reaver stealth is going to be even more annoying since their dots will likely be stronger than sins, and they have a decent number of ranged attacks. Oh, and the dots will heal them a bit while they are hiding.

Those six seconds will be brutal for their target.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast