+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 36 sittin' on 36 mil

Default 36 sittin' on 36 mil

not sure if you pvpers saw this in the general area, but Daglar be rollin' hard like Drake,

hopefully us PvPers will see some of this cash money, im thinking like a $10,000 CQ overhaul

http://www.superdataresearch.com/blo...-games-market/
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-21-2014 at 09:50 AM.

It's only revenue so before all operating costs, taxes and investments are made. 36 million goes fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    not sure if you pvpers saw this in the general area, but Daglar be rollin' hard like Drake,

hopefully us PvPers will see some of this cash money, im thinking like a $10,000 CQ overhaul

SWTOR at 4. No surprise there. You'd be amazed at how much $$ people are pay for those Revan items. Collectors ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    It's only revenue so before all operating costs, taxes and investments are made. 36 million goes fast.
    well their staff is down to like 10 people and I doubt they are all making 6 figures

well their staff is down to like 10 people and I doubt they are all making 6 figures
    Most likely not but when you consider basic costs for running this business, that money will go fast.

-Legal costs
    -Privately negotiated investments (since not publicly traded) the company requires capital from somewhere
    -Employees
    -Server infrastructure
    and mainly reinvesting their revenues into new games, existing games etc.

A mix of variable and fixed costs for running this kind of business will eat up that money easily.

Are you like 15 years old or you really don't understand what it takes to run any kind of business?

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    Are you like 15 years old or you really don't understand what it takes to run any kind of business?
    ageist
    Last edited by spaceboots; 07-21-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    so all 36 mil + investment money is simply going to paying bills and they are net 0? what part of my post said they have 36 million dollars to invest into rift? the thread topic is a twist on a popular song, i apologize that you did not catch that sir neckbeard.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-21-2014 at 11:39 AM.

so all 36 mil + investment money is simply going to paying bills and they are net 0? what part of my post said they have 36 million dollars to invest into rift? the thread topic is a twist on a popular song, i apologize that you did not catch that sir neckbeard.
    what part of his post implied that he thought you said they had 36million to invest?

Okay, now let's look at a list like, PC gamers top 10 rated PC games.

One list matters to players, one matters to the corporation. Sadly I think the above mentioned one used to matter much more to the company. This like, sums up my disdain for cash shops. Woo hoo, look at us compete for who gets the most money! WoW is probably up there anyway due to sheer popularity, or would have been high ranked. I get that a popular game at any era would have high sales and be high ranked. But it is funny looking at the games that pull the most cash. You can almost tell it's the ones that design their structure in a way that subtly obligates a lot of cash from the customer to feel like a true participator.

2c
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-21-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

To clear up the confusion, this chart examines the revenue of companies with mmo's.

Revenue = (price of product)*(units sold)

Profit = Revenue - (Fixed Costs + Variable Costs)

Profit = Total capital that CAN be reinvested.

so:

36 million - (Fixed Costs and Variable Costs) = Investment funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    To clear up the confusion, this chart examines the revenue of companies with mmo's.

Revenue = (price of product)*(units sold)

Profit = Revenue - (Fixed Costs + Variable Costs)

Profit = Total capital that CAN be reinvested.

so:

36 million - (Fixed Costs and Variable Costs) = Investment funds.
    not sure your point. as you said that includes reinvesting in existing games. nothing I posted suggested anything about the number or their business practices, I merely asked for a small 10,000 investment into CQ which is around 100 man hours

not sure your point. as you said that includes reinvesting in existing games. nothing I posted suggested anything about the number or their business practices, I merely asked for a small 10,000 investment into CQ which is around 100 man hours
    lol I wasn't making a point against you, I was just clarifying an article which should have explained what they meant by revenue.

Also poor programmers who have to spend that much time working on CQ, I couldn't imagine spending that much time even in CQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Okay, now let's look at a list like, PC gamers top 10 rated PC games.

One list matters to players, one matters to the corporation. Sadly I think the above mentioned one used to matter much more to the company. This like, sums up my disdain for cash shops. Woo hoo, look at us compete for who gets the most money! WoW is probably up there anyway due to sheer popularity, or would have been high ranked. I get that a popular game at any era would have high sales and be high ranked. But it is funny looking at the games that pull the most cash. You can almost tell it's the ones that design their structure in a way that subtly obligates a lot of cash from the customer to feel like a true participator.

2c
    can you blame them though? they are a business not a non profit. their goal is to make money and keep people spending. and while I have spent no money on rift I have spent lots of plat on Rex keeping others with reason to continually spend their money on the rex

Sprawlnbrawl, one question...is your signature picture from Trion Worlds. Because the guy wearing his shirt looks like Ocho if you think about it for a second.

I would have sent you a pm, but it says you exceeded your max pm storage.
    Last edited by Shedelin; 07-21-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Grammar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast