+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: If pyro gets broken or gimped...what will you change your pvp spec to?

Default If pyro gets broken or gimped...what will you change your pvp spec to?

What will you play now in PVP if the pyrocon build gets ... broken or gimped a bit..?

Just wondering what is a viable warfront or CQ dps spec now ppl perfer. i myself have heard so many replies with pyro, harbringer and lock.. question... is the elemental spec viable for pvp?

well pyrochon is op its due for a nerf, harb is pretty limited in what it can do and full ele is just terrible.

pyro is still gonna be your go to spec for burst regardless of the incoming changes.

Prophet of Telara

gimped? new pyro will deal almost twice the dmg of MM, if you cant play it better reroll to Paralord.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Physician.

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    well pyrochon is op its due for a nerf
    Because everyone's wetting themselves in fear of the almighty pyrochon on the field?
    If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Exia211 View Post
    Because everyone's wetting themselves in fear of the almighty pyrochon on the field?
    He's talking about PVE.

The new 61 pyro will replace Pyrochon as the turret spec pretty much. Stormalist kinda works too, but lacks CC/defensive CDs and takes too long to set up, but does good burst when you pull it off.

Or you can go Stormbiter to solo objectives better with mini burst, good sustain and good CC/defensive CDs.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    gimped? new pyro will deal almost twice the dmg of MM, if you cant play it better reroll to Paralord.
    no one is going to be scared of a LOL Turret spec in pvp. Unless Pyro gets some added utility before it's released on live, the soul is going to be pve specific dps buffs.

Not even the bad's are going to sit there and let a Turret style Pyro hard cast on them with all the melee and CC lol. Pyros won't be getting their nukes off.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    no one is going to be scared of a LOL Turret spec in pvp. Unless Pyro gets some added utility before it's released on live, the soul is going to be pve specific dps buffs.

Not even the bad's are going to sit there and let a Turret style Pyro hard cast on them with all the melee and CC lol. Pyros won't be getting their nukes off.
    Most maps is caster friendly and im sure that all those decent Pyros like Meduza will still do great.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Most maps is caster friendly and im sure that all those decent Pyros like Meduza will still do great.
    Not really, everyone and their mother has gap closers and pulls. For some reason Mage souls cc/utility/defensives are being gutted. First SC now Pyro.. Anyone see a trend? Pyro will require pocketheals to be playable and with melee running circles around it I dont know how many casts they will actually get off.

Ive heard a few people doing some things on pts but most seem to think its only going to be good for pve.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Pyro will require pocketheals to be playable
    And Para doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    And Para doesn't?
    You want good healers, but don't need one attached to the hip. It is not as squishy as popularly believed.

Soulwalker

Default I am not happy with the changed to pyro for pvp

I have stopped playing my mage because of the changes to pyro, I understand souls and callings will always be changing, but the upcoming changes in PvP will fundamentally change the play style too much for me. I was a run and gunner... I relied on insta-casts. The only defense a pyro has his positioning on the battlefield, which is lost now with a turret spec. I am hanging up his jersey for now....

I'll be on my rogue.

Quarmy - 60 Mage
    Stopped - 60 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    You want good healers, but don't need one attached to the hip. It is not as squishy as popularly believed.
    In fact, its not much tougher than Pyro.
    However, you know, Para is front line fighter, which means he will need much more healing to stay alive.
    Last edited by Morwath; 07-21-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post

You make it sound like the new pyro actually needs to hardcast constantly. For pve DPS it does but its burst doesn't really include fireballs.

Stormalist has been interesting to mess around with. Dom is usually a good choice. I still play chloro occasionally if I think we have decent dps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast