+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Battle for Port Scion...Dead?

  1. #1
    Rift Master Shedelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    682

    Default Battle for Port Scion...Dead?

    I so far have, in one month since I became Battle for Port Scion eligible, played only once. ONCE! Now, I did get a victory, but that was only because the Defiants cared more for killing lone Guardian players than they did for capturing sourcestone.

    Ever since, I have not played any matches in Port Scion. In fact, it's gotten so desparate, some players are offering 50 plat just for being on their team.

    Is Battle for Port Scion dead? I promised my guild 3 victories to complete the guild quest "War on Many Fronts", and so far because I can't squeeze 20 people into a warfront, I have not delivered. I ALWAYS follow through with my promises to the guild, but right now, I have only 14 days to deliver before my high school starts up football again, and after that, school. <I say that regretfully, and even my dad doesn't care about my education, and he's earning $50,000 or so every 2 weeks.>

    So, I put the question to you...is the Battle for Port Scion warfront dead (at least at level 60?)

  2. #2
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    If I play daily I'll get it on a daily basis. It's not really dead, but far from loved.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  3. #3
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    The best time to queue for Port Scion is immediately after a Conquest has ended because the most amount of players will be queuing at that time.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  4. #4
    Rift Master Shedelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Like I said, I need 3 victories to fulfill my promise to the guild. I have to DELIVER! And the reason I'm doing this...FOR THE CAY-SH!

    Sorry, my cat has suddenly learned how to post on an iPhone. Anyway, it turns out that my guild is offering 100 plat for 3 victories. And worse, my deadline isn't even 14 days. My guild master said that we need all 3 victories by sundown this Friday. If I can't do it, I get no payment AND I have to pay my tab to my superior, which comes in at a 5 figure sum (9 plat 43 gold 24 silver) plus a 6-slot bag full of unstable artifacts. I am NOT paying it, and the only way to clear my tab is to deliver the victories. But how can an honest man like me do it if no one wants to play a pitched battle in Port Scion.

    Once I can get some honest people to play it, it should be smooth sailing, since I've read countless guides on how to win. But where is the players? And more importantly, where in oblivion is the Hello Kitty guild when you need them? They haven't showed up to CQ for a week now.

    Ok, mad as a raging bull. And tired. Going to sleep.
    Last edited by Shedelin; 07-20-2014 at 07:17 PM.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Well the crazy guy who make a thread imagining developers were conspiring to ruin his rift experience is now posting in pvp forums. I think this thread has potential.

    not joking read this:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...leplaying.html

  6. #6
    Rift Master Shedelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Yeah, there is a reason I am called "King Crazy," and that was one of my random moments of insanity. Now pipe down Aveleys, I don't want to bring in Ocho at 1 am in the morning.

    Amazing how quickly I can respond with this new app that auto detects trolls...

    Anyway, back to the original conversation. What will it take to revive Battle for Port Scion to the point where I can actually do these kinds of guild missions? Anyone?

  7. #7
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Just get two groups of 5 to que port scion only, nothing else. Longest you will wait is 15-20 mins but its rare to wait longer than 12 at prime time hours bc so many are queing random.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  8. #8
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    if I can't do it, I get no payment AND I have to pay my tab to my superior, which comes in at a 5 figure sum (9 plat 43 gold 24 silver) plus a 6-slot bag full of unstable artifacts.
    I'd be telling my "superior" where he could shove a six slot bag and looking for a new guild if I were you.

    I mean, seriously, your guild leaders are just milking the membership for their own greed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  9. #9
    Rift Master Shedelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I'd be telling my "superior" where he could shove a six slot bag and looking for a new guild if I were you.

    I mean, seriously, your guild leaders are just milking the membership for their own greed.
    Good point, Kronos. Except I am an artifact collector. Thank goodness I am redoing my patio. Every guildie in my guild wants artifacts like a woman wants chocolate at 9 pm. However, +1 for making a seriously good point.

    Ugh, getting hungry again. Off to get a bite to eat. But before I go, in your honest opinion, what do you think Trion should do to "upgrade" Port Scion? Well? I'm open to suggestions.

  10. #10
    Telaran Exia211's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    far from loved
    Very very far. I dare say... despised?
    If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Content with pve based objectives, terrible design, no thought going into it is going to be despised and hated in any game if you try to pass that crappy map off as PVP content.

    That map is what soul recall was made for.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 07-20-2014 at 10:43 PM.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    Yeah, there is a reason I am called "King Crazy," and that was one of my random moments of insanity. Now pipe down Aveleys, I don't want to bring in Ocho at 1 am in the morning.

    Amazing how quickly I can respond with this new app that auto detects trolls...

    Anyway, back to the original conversation. What will it take to revive Battle for Port Scion to the point where I can actually do these kinds of guild missions? Anyone?
    Welcome to the pvp forums. I think you will fit right in.

  13. #13
    Rift Master Shedelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exia211 View Post
    Very very far. I dare say... despised?
    Despised, you say? Sure, Battle for Port Scion wasn't the exact best handiwork, but Thomas Edison didn't invent the lightbulb in a day, you know. In fact, I can recall he had 30 failures before the lightbulb worked, actually.


    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Content with pve based objectives, terrible design, no thought going into it is going to be despised and hated in any game if you try to pass that crappy map off as PVP content.

    That map is what soul recall was made for.
    Yeah well, there are two ways to win...defeat enemy commander, or do PvE. Lots of people choose PvE because its easier. But, really, soul recall? Is getting out of the map really worth having to wait 15 minutes BEFORE you can enter another PvP map. Am I apparently the only one who cares for Battle for Port Scion in here. I mean, what would you do with the 100 plat? Honestly, what would you do?

  14. #14
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Actually Port Scion is my favorite. Ill often que it only while im doing other odds and ends. Usually pops well under 15 mins queing it solo. Just something i like to do.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Port Scion and Codex are the best WFs right now. Everything else is a cross healing derp fest. The main problem with PS is it takes too long. The problem with Codex is it is too Rogue friendly, shouldn't be any stealth within 30m of Vault.
    Last edited by Caeus; 07-21-2014 at 09:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts