+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tookmyjob
  • 4 Post By spaceboots

Thread: Pvp ruining recruitment

Shadowlander

Default Pvp ruining recruitment

I am trying to recruit players to rift but I keep running into the same problem. PVP.
    Rift developers must understand that new players to Rift aren't totally inexperienced in mmorpgs.
    The problem mostly lies in the healers. Few, if any, mmorpgs are so favorable to healers in pvp. 2or 3 wfs and they are done with rift and off to play wow.
    And they take me with them because they are right.

They have a certain player base in mind when it comes to new subscribers.

- people who feel they have been terribly wronged by Blizzard
    - people who got tired of the really old MMOs like Everquest, etc.
    - F2P cash cows
    - PvE players.

They are more then welcome to try and claim they have made an attempt to revitalize the PvP player base or that PvP players are included in the targeted audience. lol.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Somewhere in the near future, Archage will be released. That game is owPvP 24/7 pretty much, and PvE is pretty much non-existent.

Now Trion forcefed a gamehub on its users where you can easily access all Trion games, convenient isn't it?

Wanna PvE, fire up Rift.
    Wanna PvP, fire up AA.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    Somewhere in the near future, Archage will be released. That game is owPvP 24/7 pretty much, and PvE is pretty much non-existent.

Now Trion forcefed a gamehub on its users where you can easily access all Trion games, convenient isn't it?

Wanna PvE, fire up Rift.
    Wanna PvP, fire up AA.
    Grind your gear on one and buy your gear on the other.

You can PM daglar on the forums. He loves hearing about pvp in his game.

http://forums.riftgame.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=36353

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post

Wanna PvE, fire up Rift.
    Wanna PvP, fire up AA.
    TBH, I had no idea what that was until this post. Looks like something I will be checking out
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Prophet of Telara

AA is a Korean MMO that will be more cash shop oriented than Rift is currently. Unless drastic changes are made when it goes live, I don't see how it will be any different from every other Asian cash grab MMO on the market. I rather Trion fix Issues with Rift than play crappy Korean cash shop based MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    AA is a Korean MMO that will be more cash shop oriented than Rift is currently. Unless drastic changes are made when it goes live, I don't see how it will be any different from every other Asian cash grab MMO on the market. I rather Trion fix Issues with Rift than play crappy Korean cash shop based MMO.
    ^

/10char

All you need to do is promise your friends fun and excitement in Conquest when they reach 60.

The grind to 60 is totally worth it for Conquest.

I don't how populare AA is in KR but I do know that the moba and RTS generation kind of killed the mmos grind. AA being a huge grind or pay to win type of game would probably make people not look at it twice in the west. Super casual = 100s of thousands of players.

I do miss leveling. One of my favorite parts of mmos personally.

First SC was gutted and now Pyro. At least Kervik gave SC a little bit back after much complaining in the thread. He has not even responded to request in the pyro threads so... Who knows word on the street is this is going live very soon and its not likely any more changes will be made from whats up on pts.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

+ Reply to Thread