+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Warfronts are pvp... ignoring objectives is simply bad

Soulwalker

Default Warfronts are pvp... ignoring objectives is simply bad

I was in a BG domination map with a pm from a well known deepwood guild. They were all myrm/relic myrm so I made a comment about an easy win. One said that gear didn't matter so I challenged him to only use costume pieces. He/she didn't do it.

They stayed mid and lost badly 500 to 100. I know I'm bad but this is a new low for Rift.

Pvp maps have objectives to win the pvp match. Holding two areas of three in a domination map is pvp not pve. Bads that say objectives are pve and not pvp really need to move on and leave this game.

TLDR: WARFRONTS ARE PVP... IGNORING OBJECTIVES IS SIMPLY BAD

BADWHISKEY- BAD WL P71

Nope, objectives are for bads and rogues (bads).

Quote Originally Posted by Badwhiskey View Post
    I was in a BG domination map with a pm from a well known deepwood guild. They were all myrm/relic myrm so I made a comment about an easy win. One said that gear didn't matter so I challenged him to only use costume pieces. He/she didn't do it.

They stayed mid and lost badly 500 to 100. I know I'm bad but this is a new low for Rift.

Pvp maps have objectives to win the pvp match. Holding two areas of three in a domination map is pvp not pve. Bads that say objectives are pve and not pvp really need to move on and leave this game.

BADWHISKEY- BAD WL P71
    If the Premade had the middle locked down, then it's up to the PuGs to go to one of the other flags and secure it.

Doesn't sound like the PM failed, sounds like your PuGs were too scared to leave their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Nope, objectives are for bads and rogues (bads).
    Indeed.

All Crunk understand is Crunk smash puny healers with duh power of strongest of alll PARAGOD.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    If the Premade had the middle locked down, then it's up to the PuGs to go to one of the other flags and secure it.

Doesn't sound like the PM failed, sounds like your PuGs were too scared to leave their side.
    The only problem with your post is they didn't have it locked down. They needed ol'Badwhiskey here to help them since they lacked good dps (an inq, a mage and an mm lol). Once I paved the way for them it was easy to hold middle. LoL at the thought of me being scared.

BADWHISKEY- BAD WL P71

BADWHISKEY- BAD WL P71
    Get back to the 90's with that gaming attitude.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The only problem with your post is they didn't have it locked down. They needed ol'Badwhiskey here to help them since they lacked good dps (an inq, a mage and an mm lol). Once I paved the way for them it was easy to hold middle. LoL at the thought of me being scared.

BADWHISKEY- BAD WL P71
    Well if they didn't have it locked down, and you swooped in to save the day then good for you. Once it was locked down you should have flown off to another flag to swoop in and do it all over again.

The only person you can rely on to do the objectives in warfronts is yourself.

Actually doing objectives is simply bad. The objectives exist in order to promote some sense of fulfillment in players who can only manage to click a flag and wait there, rather than actually play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Actually doing objectives is simply bad. The objectives exist in order to promote some sense of fulfillment in players who can only manage to click a flag and wait there, rather than actually play the game.
    Ya, like defending the flag. You see, the paradox is, if people actually played the game, people who do objectives would have to actually do work. But since nobody can play the game, those who actually can, end up having to do little work. Funny ain't it?
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Ya, like defending the flag. You see, the paradox is, if people actually played the game, people who do objectives would have to actually do work. But since nobody can play the game, those who actually can, end up having to do little work. Funny ain't it?
    Codex is my favorite WF and it is pretty objective heavy. The difference with this WF is that doing the objectives is actually fun and promotes some strategy with the opportunity for small-scale fights.

Nobody cares bout a win in wf unless its a a random daily with reward. Stomping undergeared 20k pugs and going 30-0 is priceless.
    Last edited by Sezex; 07-20-2014 at 10:44 PM.

When I click on flags and then afk for them to cap, I feel like a winner.

They needed ol'Badwhiskey here to help them since they lacked good dps. Once I paved the way for them it was easy to hold middle. LoL at the thought of me being scared.
    Admits to being bad, sings his own praises.

I'm so very confused......
    Last edited by Redgto1987; 07-21-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Codex is my favorite WF and it is pretty objective heavy. The difference with this WF is that doing the objectives is actually fun and promotes some strategy with the opportunity for small-scale fights.
    I won't deny some objectives are un-fun (this would be like a crappy FPS mod). But yes, Codex is a great example. Anyone can mob and control 1/4th of a map. The big money prizes ($25,000) in FPS when I played them were 1 v 1's based on map control (and once someone gets control the real skill is breaking their control). So I laugh when someone holds codex, loses because they got 3 capped, and say it's the objectives that suck. I have always said a serious bunch ready to exercise some real map control contending, a 10 v 10 in Codex could be really intense. But in Rift world, there is only one mod, deathmatch deathmatch deathmatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    When I click on flags and then afk for them to cap, I feel like a winner.
    Simply means you have a highly subpar enemy team if you can wait 30s without even being touched while gaining map control. I personally feel like a winner when the game ends and it says my team won. I mean, this reminds me of playing Monopoly in 4th grade, everyone has like their own made up set of rules because they don't like the normal ones. Just play the freaking game by the rules, you don't start out with that many 500's. Rift feels the same, there are clear and concise rules and the winner is very clear and concise, yet people will figure out a way to write it off someway else.

A loss is a loss is a loss. A win is a win is a win. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Nobody cares bout a win in wf unless its a a random daily with reward. Stomping undergeared 20k pugs and going 30-0 is priceless.
    And this is the mentality I hate, unless there is some reward it's like half the people don't care. I was addicted to a rewardless game for almost a decade. And we ALL played to win. I want THOSE gamers back in my world. This mentality is why WF's that could have been easily won, become loses.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-21-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Alright, ever since I started playing warfronts with my main on Deepwood, I learned there are two things you need to avoid:

Clean Sweep: If a team defeats you and you only have 50 or less points in Black Garden, it is a clear sign your team has no leadership and does not care. In addition, there is a 90% chance 1 or more players is likely AFK. In this case, PLEASE suggest they go get a morning coffee, read PvP guides, and also report the AFKers and kick them out of your team. Don't invite them back until they cut their hair (yes, I stole it from the Beastie Boys). If they continue to AFK, please report them, likely the AFKer is a bot.

Mercy Rule: If a team defeats you and you only have between 50-100 points, this is not a leadership based issue, this is a team composition issue. In this case, do the following

1: Get one healer.
    2: Kick out the low level players (levels ending in 0, 1, or 2) and tell them to go play PvE stuff until they get their act together.
    2a: If your bracket is levels 50-54, kick out levels 50 and 51.
    2b: If your bracket is levels 55-59, kick out levels 55 and 56.
    3: Replace those you kicked out with levels ending in 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9.
    3a: Following step 2a, replace those you kicked out with levels 52, 53 and 54.
    3b: Following step 2b, replace those you kicked out with levels 57, 58, and 59.
    4: Repeat until you get the desired result (aka a win).

This has been "How To Win A Warfront From the Start". Tune in next time, where I will share my "Secrets to Winning the Codex."
    Last edited by Shedelin; 07-21-2014 at 07:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast