+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Teleportation Immunity Exploit

Ascendant

Default Teleportation Immunity Exploit

Some people I'm noticing are abusing the shard-hop functionality while doing pvp dailies; this results in never being able to contest the objectives. They just shard hop, get immunity and do objectives, shard hop again for more immunity.

Can this be addressed? It's really annoying.

Haha wow that's pretty sad.

This is no different than the people that used to run to port pre-SL and then port back to talk trash in /yells while they had the immunity up (on pvp shards.)

They're doing it out of combat so... that's just how it functions.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    This is no different than the people that used to run to port pre-SL and then port back to talk trash in /yells while they had the immunity up (on pvp shards.)

They're doing it out of combat so technically the only thing they're doing is taking advantage of the immunity.
    What's your point? You think it's ok?

The point of pvp dailies is to encourage open-world conflict with contested objective. If you remove the pvp aspect, GG.
    Last edited by Ahov; 07-20-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    What's your point? You think it's ok?

The point of pvp dailies is to encourage open-world conflict with contested objective. If you remove the pvp aspect, GG.
    The point of pvp dailies is to get the currency/prestige/favor you need and bam all done. If you think it's to encourage OWPVP... you just came back to PVP in this game way too late. OWPVP is a joke.

If they're taking advantage of hopping to multiple shards to complete the quest quicker, by all means.

Edit: My point is: lol owpvp
    Last edited by Riane; 07-20-2014 at 11:41 AM. Reason: a letter

Plane Touched

People who go as far as to use this feature to avoid PVP are probably not very good PVP targets to begin with (IE likely PVE geared folks doing dailies for infinity stones).

Unless, of course, you're upset that you can't gank undergeared noobs with a R90 Sin for self-satisfaction. I'm not sure if Trion cares enough to cater to that.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing the PVP Invulnerability buff get reduced faster and faster per each shard hop, that way it actually penalizes people abusing said issue. Another solution would be to just flat out disable the invulnerability from activating while in a quest zone/scene for PvP dailies.
    --BC

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    The point of pvp dailies is to get the currency/prestige/favor you need and bam all done. If you think it's to encourage OWPVP... you just came back to PVP in this game way too late. OWPVP is a joke.

If they're taking advantage of hopping to multiple shards to complete the quest quicker, by all means.

Edit: My point is: lol owpvp
    Open-world pvp is a joke because of cross-faction guilds. And yet open-world pvp dailies are still a thing. While they're still around there's no reason for people to be able to abuse teleportation. If people don't want to pvp, then don't do the dailies. There are better ways to get Infinity Stones.

Incredible to see people who would rather mock the game instead of try to improve it, though.
    Last edited by Ahov; 07-20-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Rift Chaser

the good ole days of killing the port master so defiants couldnt port away....

ya shard hoping shouldnt grant immunity imo. the port thing ok... but not when transferring shards.

And yet open-world pvp dailies are still a thing.
    Because favor, prestige, and CQ marks. Which.. look how long it took to get added back. So yeah. K

OWPVP offers no rewards or benefits aside from the very few MVPs that keep my Prismatic Glory up for me.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-20-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Open-world pvp is a joke because of cross-faction guilds. And yet open-world pvp dailies are still a thing. While they're still around there's no reason for people to be able to abuse teleportation. If people don't want to pvp, then don't do the dailies. There are better ways to get Infinity Stones.

Incredible to see people who would rather mock the game instead of try to improve it, though.
    opPvP is a joke because PvP is a joke in Rift.

"Incredible to see people who would rather mock the game instead of try to improve it, though."

Why should people care if the dev's don't? PvP is in terrible state for so long and we as players who after how many countless complaints to any give PvP related subject see no improvements?

I suggest you try reading tru PvP forums, and ignore Troll/QQ/My D is bigger than your D threads and you'll be amazed how many good threads there actually are.

Beside of that, PvP dailys are a chore enough w/o being bothered by other players for no other reason than to grief people, seeing how there are no rewards for owPvP at all.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    opPvP is a joke because PvP is a joke in Rift.

"Incredible to see people who would rather mock the game instead of try to improve it, though."

Why should people care if the dev's don't? PvP is in terrible state for so long and we as players who after how many countless complaints to any give PvP related subject see no improvements?

I suggest you try reading tru PvP forums, and ignore Troll/QQ/My D is bigger than your D threads and you'll be amazed how many good threads there actually are.

Beside of that, PvP dailys are a chore enough w/o being bothered by other players for no other reason than to grief people, seeing how there are no rewards for owPvP at all.
    If you actually played this game before f2p (2011 specifically) you might recall a time where open-world was by far the most involved and developed pvp aspect. Due to a diminishing population and desperation Trion implemented cross-faction guilds/raiding. This basically forced all of the good guilds off PvP shards because back then, the best open-world pvp guilds were also high-end raiding guilds. We participated in both aspects constantly, but due to cross-faction recruitment we had to get on PvE shards for the best possible roster.

Trion didn't have a resolution for the issues caused by this, and instead mostly gave up on open-world pvp in favor of Conquest and the very rare new warfront.

Regardless of what aspects of the game you enjoy participating in, the point of these PvP dailies is to promote open-world pvp with contested objectives, even if the reward is marks/favor/infinity stones. Devs would agree with me on that, but I also hope they would agree that exploits need to be fixed, and shard-hopping to maintain immunity while participating in contested objectives is against the spirit of the game. Maintaining the spirit of the game is what matters. The more you guys give up, the worse things will get. People need to complain when things aren't the way they should be. People need to be more vocal. Just going "lolRift" doesn't solve anything.
    Last edited by Ahov; 07-20-2014 at 01:54 PM.

If you actually played this game before f2p (2011 specifically) you might recall a time where open-world was by far the most involved and developed pvp aspect. Due to a diminishing population and desperation Trion implemented cross-faction guilds/raiding. This basically forced all of the good guilds off PvP shards because back then, the best open-world pvp guilds were also high-end raiding guilds. We participated in both aspects constantly, but due to cross-faction recruitment we had to get on PvE shards for the best possible roster.

Trion didn't have a resolution for the issues caused by this, and instead mostly gave up on open-world pvp in favor of Conquest and the very rare new warfront.

Regardless of what aspects of the game you enjoy participating in, the point of these PvP dailies is to promote open-world pvp with contested objectives, even if the reward is marks/favor/infinity stones. Devs would agree with me on that, but I also hope they would agree that exploits need to be fixed, and shard-hopping to maintain immunity while participating in contested objectives is against the spirit of the game. Maintaining the spirit of the game is what matters. The more you guys give up, the worse things will get. People need to complain when things aren't the way they should be. People need to be more vocal. Just going "lolRift" doesn't solve anything.
    people have been complaining for years and with more than just "lolrift" that has just come about because they dont care about pvp. every once in a while they'll prop in these forums to placate the masses and say hey here we are we care, and then nothing. im sure someone will come in here and say but pvp forums are so toxic and the devs get yelled what why would they listen, which is about the stupidest excuse i;ve ever heard.

also this game had plenty of pvp shards with large populations doing both pve and pvp, you;'ve no proof that all pve/pvp guilds moved on to pve only guilds to recruit.

world pvp got killed by zergs and and people getting tired of it along with trion putting less and less effort into trying to promote it.

pretty sure the only reason you;re complaning is that you wanna killed lowbies, just go to seastone and try your hand at world pvp there though but im sure you wont.

no one does those dalies to pvp, the fact that you;re complaining about it shows how clueless you are.

The more you guys give up, the worse things will get. People need to complain when things aren't the way they should be. People need to be more vocal. Just going "lolRift" doesn't solve anything.

I'm not sure if you are just trolling or what? Did you even bother reading what I wrote?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post

pretty sure the only reason you;re complaning is that you wanna killed lowbies, just go to seastone and try your hand at world pvp there though but im sure you wont.

no one does those dalies to pvp, the fact that you;re complaining about it shows how clueless you are.

You obviously do not go out into the daily pvp quest area on Seastone.

It's sparse just like on the other shards. This forces us to shard hop to find kills for the daily. Personally, I enjoy the hunt, I don't need a reward. I'd rather stay on Seastone to complete the daily kill quest and face worthy competition. I don't have hours invest and the shard hopping is great for time management.

He makes a valid point of an exploit to circumvent the pvp mechanic to complete pvp quests.

If you're out in the daily pvp area, guess what..... expect pvp. Don't exploit.

-Dartain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast