+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion , Why you did this To Depleted Supply Crate ?

why are people so crazy about the box gear, you do realize you lose like 25-30 endurance per slot right? if you use a full set of CP gear compared to a full set of vendor gear, you're going to probably be about 3k-3.5k hp lower for minimal damage increases considering how bad crit rate in pvp is.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    why are people so crazy about the box gear, you do realize you lose like 25-30 endurance per slot right? if you use a full set of CP gear compared to a full set of vendor gear, you're going to probably be about 3k-3.5k hp lower for minimal damage increases considering how bad crit rate in pvp is.
    lol, hp
    that was so, not every class being a healer, ago

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    People who spend real money can get everything within one day. This is just a matter of how much $ you need to spend and rng.
    Um...no they can't.
    Warlord gear requires rank 80 to utilize.
    Trinkets require you to play CQ and grind out the marks including the upgrade parts for the seals/trinket.

By the time you hit rank 80, you'd be able to buy the Warlord gear entirely.
    Weapons require rank 90
    Myrmidon gear cannot be bought at all, you need to rely on the chests to give you an equivalent piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    In the same time f2p player is limited only to one daily WF charge and 3 weekly quests. F2P player get's no items guaranteed.
    Neither does a paying player.
    You're acting as if the payer suddenly gets level 60, all t3 gear, all myrmidon gear, rank 90, full CQ power. Yeah...it doesn't happen, and considering whom you have in your signature, im not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    its only p2w if its the most extreme case of it and not the game you're paying to win at.
    -Katsou, daglar's puppet.

http://i.imgur.com/VQgoSDK.jpg
    Using an extreme example is to help illustrate what pay to win truly means. I know you like to ignore the point of whatever anyone says because all you can do is be passive aggressive but hey, the point is there. Pay attention to it.

Pay to win is when you provide an advantage to the paying player, that makes the non-paying player incapable of competing.

This is not so in RIFT, thusly, it is not p2w.
    CP on your gear means you hit harder when you crit, but the only specs capable of buying into it with the -10% crit rate on players is...Warriors and Clerics. Even then, they become significantly more squishy.
    What do I know though, I simply have a different view from you.

Its funny though the number of things people will label you when they are unhappy when you disagree.
    White knight.
    Puppet.
    Sheep.

Ironic really.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-20-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Using an extreme example is to help illustrate what pay to win truly means. I know you like to ignore the point of whatever anyone says because all you can do is be passive aggressive but hey, the point is there. Pay attention to it.
    *admits there are different degrees.

Pay to win is when you provide an advantage to the paying player, that makes the non-paying player incapable of competing.
    sweet wheres it say that?

pro tip: don't use the first few hits from google.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 07-20-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Except you don't have anyway of proving such an argument, and were it true, it doesn't change the fact you can get it without a subscription anyway.

Its not pay 2 win.
    Swordsman online is p2w.
    Paying out 1000 USD to get a BIS item unobtainable through gameplay is p2w.
    People need to learn what p2w is.
    Im not saying its pay to win but the evidence is in patch notes for the reason for horrible drops

* NEW PASSIVE: Marvelous Luck: Increases the chance of receiving Marvelous loot from Supply Crates.

IE mounts, runes and consumables

pay to win to me is you can buy bis gear which you can in rift now. yea there is another form where you cant win without paying which is not rift but this is still annoying
    Last edited by dday; 07-20-2014 at 10:27 AM.

I have noticed this on my alt. I see more orange items...runes and consumables. What I really need is the cp warlord stuff. I think moyst is on to something because the runes and consumables are orange items *marvelous items??)

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    i open around 30 boxes each week
    What's that equal out to in cash?

Ascendant

Not on certain souls you dont lose out on crit rating if they have talents that raise it high. One buff in wl gives. 10% crit rating for example vs a rogue needing to spend 10 talent points, but in general for most soul yes you are correct.

Currently i have a decent mix on most my toons but even those few cp items have really dropped my hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Not on certain souls you dont lose out on crit rating if they have talents that raise it high. One buff in wl gives. 10% crit rating for example vs a rogue needing to spend 10 talent points, but in general for most soul yes you are correct.

Currently i have a decent mix on most my toons but even those few cp items have really dropped my hp.
    also compared to PVE where crit power is actually good, most of the time you won't have lethal poison on your target or all the support buffs for crit rate, along with your gear just overall having less crit. in addition to that, the pvp PA gives you a -5% chance to be crit, so it's even lower.

also compared to PVE where crit power is actually good, most of the time you won't have lethal poison on your target or all the support buffs for crit rate, along with your gear just overall having less crit. in addition to that, the pvp PA gives you a -5% chance to be crit, so it's even lower.
    paragon says whats up... cp is a must for warriors. no idea on rogues. plus they have gear without off stat and endurance stacked which to me is BIS.

Prophet of Telara

Um...no they can't.
    Warlord gear requires rank 80 to utilize.
    Trinkets require you to play CQ and grind out the marks including the upgrade parts for the seals/trinket.

By the time you hit rank 80, you'd be able to buy the Warlord gear entirely.
    Weapons require rank 90
    Myrmidon gear cannot be bought at all, you need to rely on the chests to give you an equivalent piece.

Neither does a paying player.
    You're acting as if the payer suddenly gets level 60, all t3 gear, all myrmidon gear, rank 90, full CQ power. Yeah...it doesn't happen, and considering whom you have in your signature, im not surprised.

[...]
    Ironic really.
    You are clueless. You can wear Warlord armor parts at r70 and with patron + 160% vials + 5x stacking WF buff you can hit r80 in less than a week.

Just for the record, with above mentioned modifiers to prestige you get 100k+ prestige from single weekly quest. Each Daily WF charge + daily pvp quest is around 8-10k prestige iirc.

Good match in CQ with patron + 160% vials is between 180-250k prestige.

No idea why you even mention trinket from CQ when BIS gear from lock boxes means: runes, essences, CP or Endurance armor parts (depending on what do you want to do)

Certain specs get lot's of free endurance so it doesnt affect everybody in the same way. There's some video on these forums with 900+ CP Warlord and around 40k HP (im not even gonna count the real EHP with no permision to die and 15% ranged dmg reduction)

There are players who run with one or two pocket healers so they dont have to worry about being focused as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

of all players, Spaceboots should actually be happy with this change (and only partly because he already has the CP gear).

subscribers - players who pay - now have a reduced chance of getting the gear that apparently makes the wearer invincible and unbeatable.
    free players - those without a subscription - now have a greater chance of getting better gear faster than the paying players.

as of the most recent patch, Rift has suddenly become F2W - Free to Win - and P2L - Pay to Lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Thank god I thought I was alone , yeah last couple weeks I have got 1 thing even worth while to me . I don't buy the boxes I buy a 160% token thing from credit sellers ( not spending real money ) and hand in weeklies and dailys all at once .I open 20 boxes a week and I got one rune two weeks in a row.

Plane Touched

You confuse me. As a player who seems really knowledgeable you make blanket statements that are false and you probably even know it. CP for certain specs in this game is borderline broken it's so good. Oralman (credit to mired) loves crit power.

--Pomp

For every person posting in this thread about their poor drops, I'm sure there are people who have been getting food stuff. Over the last 2 weeks, I got a shard first ST healing trinket on my cleric. On my rogue, I got a dot proc trinket, crit hit proc greater essence, and various CP gear (ring and belt, iirc).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast