+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freelancer's Punishing Orb vs. Myrmidon's Shattered Winds

Default Freelancer's Punishing Orb vs. Myrmidon's Shattered Winds

http://www.rifthead.com/item/F3F68E8...-punishing-orb

vs.

http://www.rifthead.com/item/F5FAECE...hattered-winds

The tooltips are messed up on the link but the freelancer trinket procs 603 damage to upto 3 targets, the myrmidons trinket procs 3500 damage st.

When I try both, the CQ trinket proc ignores valor and is doing 603 damage. The myrmidon trinket proc is doing like 700 damage.....

What's up with this? The Myrmidon trinket has a big stat loss compared to the CQ trinket, the proc being affected by valor makes it useless.

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

Prophet of Telara

It's called "Marketing" now, where did they said it will ignore valor?

No Tricks & No Traps
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    It's called "Marketing" now, where did they said it will ignore valor?
    PvP trinkets were always intended to ignore valor.
    Valor and healing debuffs get applied on trinkets on a case by case basis, and it has always been this way.
    Quite sure marketing doesn't apply here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    No Tricks & No Traps
    Learn what it means before saying it in a satirical fashion, you'll look less ignorant.
    Anyway...

Meduza, its clear they applied the valor debuff to it because a 3500 ST trinket is far too strong so its clear it got modified.
    It is rather odd that a myrmidon rank trinket is inferior to a freelancer trinket.

Maybe they can buff the stats, lower the trinket damage proc.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-20-2014 at 07:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Meduza View Post
    http://www.rifthead.com/item/F3F68E8...-punishing-orb

vs.

http://www.rifthead.com/item/F5FAECE...hattered-winds

The tooltips are messed up on the link but the freelancer trinket procs 603 damage to upto 3 targets, the myrmidons trinket procs 3500 damage st.

When I try both, the CQ trinket proc ignores valor and is doing 603 damage. The myrmidon trinket proc is doing like 700 damage.....

What's up with this? The Myrmidon trinket has a big stat loss compared to the CQ trinket, the proc being affected by valor makes it useless.
    This was the same deal when I got the Firestorm AoE trinket. It used to proc 800 - 1100 on up to 5 targets. Which was awesome considering I was taking a significant stat drop off. It was a nice AoE charm. They they "nerfed" it and it only procs 400 - 450 on 5 targets now. To which, I gladly now wear the most boosted stat proc that does a straight up 603 to 3 targets. I would swap that charm in everytime I had an AoE spec, now it's in my bank. They ruined something awesome, and I suspect the same with this one. If it procs 700 damage, that isn't even close to worth it with the change/loss of stats. These are rare items that come from boxes, beats me why they made them sub-par to an easily obtained vendor item.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-20-2014 at 07:24 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

The nerfs to the pve versions if those trinkets apply to the PvP ones as well

I think the stat loss is pretty major and in some of the cases you are losing a fatty ~2% crit bonus with 1 slot.

I really think the changes should be reverted and they should proc for what they did when they came out. There really was nothing wrong with them. You traded a lot of HP/core stats and potentially a heavy duty performance stat for a higher performing proc chance effect. It seemed *perfect*.

I am only posting here again because I am truly said my AoE trinket got destroyed to the point where the CQ one is a better choice. Even in its original state I debated it a bit because of the major stat loss. I literally added it up though, if it hits 5 targets, I think it overall does about 200 - 350 more total damage than the CQ one would have when procing. But the fact the CQ one totals its damage of 3 hits and one is off 5 hits, one has a higher chance to execute it's tip top power. aka, you are more likely to hit 3 targets in proc than have 5 gathered up. So, if you use the Firestorm one and so much as only hit 3 - 4 people, proc wise, you are sort of coming out even with the CQ proc, but the damage is less on each player while sporting significantly lower stats.

Please revert them to what they were, at least the DPS ones. They were absolutely fine.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread