+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Physician nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Edit: i have no random ss's with DDay i only have the ONLY ss 's of wfs weve ever been in. Cant cherry pick 5/5.
    You two have some epic forum fights! The funny thing is that I've taken advice from both of you. I used at least two of the builds DDay has posted for warrior(although I think my warrior days are now over) and I used the build for Sent that you posted that goes a little more into warden and only 58 into sent.

Cheers to both of you! and keep on hating each other; it's fun to watch
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
    You two have some epic forum fights! The funny thing is that I've taken advice from both of you. I used at least two of the builds DDay has posted for warrior(although I think my warrior days are now over) and I used the build for Sent that you posted that goes a little more into warden and only 58 into sent.

Cheers to both of you! and keep on hating each other; it's fun to watch
    If you need advice on how to maximize it just let me know. I learned a few tricks. Also know how to survive decently well vs the various types of dps.

Physicians in pre 60 wf seem to be a bit op. In post 60 people should be able to burn them down.

Ugh i've said all this before a link to my old post.

Heals are not the problem. Its the crappy balancing.

No one wants to play true glass cannon dps because there is no incentive. You just become stupid squish and STILL don't have enough dps/penetration to make much of a difference. If you are fortunate enough top the leader boards with your new squish spec you're marked for the 1# grief-fest by your beefy enemy melee (macros galore).

So instead, everyone plays all these crappy "survival specs." So they won't be burned in 1 time-stamp. This mitigates their damage to nothing and heals stand there and face tank you while /emoting.

Fix your broken beefy dps specs and give your souls proper trade-offs
    This will inspire a resurgence of your glass cannon souls. And then it wont take 6+ *or insert number here* amount people to take out a Physician.

FFS Rift the only mmo I've ever seen complain about heals.
    Last edited by Talzoor; 07-18-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Sure thing just whisper aril@seastone anytime. You could also go heals vs my cleric (shendrith) or my chloro (sarastrynn), although i dont think you have a cleric.

I think this is the tenth time ive told you my in game names (which ive never changed btw) publicly on the forums.

Lets let this thread continue
    you cant add friends if they are another faction which is dumb. i honestly want to put this to rest once and for all, 10 wfs both of us play pure dps on warrior or whatever you have the best gear with. can't do healing because chloro is way to much fluff aoe.

anyone know how to see if someone is on from another faction on seastone?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    honestly want to put this to rest once and for all, 10 wfs both of us play pure dps on warrior or whatever you have the best gear with. can't do healing because chloro is way to much fluff aoe.

anyone know how to see if someone is on from another faction on seastone?
    You cannot, you would need someone else to check.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-18-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    You cannot, you would need someone else to check.
    another reason seastone sucks...i might just transfer off again, i do like rogue hunting in open world though. did they add something while i was gone that lets you port to any shard now too?

another reason seastone sucks...i might just transfer off again, i do like rogue hunting in open world though. did they add something while i was gone that lets you port to any shard now too?
    Yep just right click your character portrait and you can choose to visit Seastone anytime you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    Wait you dueled for 10 mins vs a paragon and never died, where every other healer would have died from going oom, and you're asking for Physician buffs? Uhm ok?
    That's how I roll.

It's not buffs. It's un-doing nerfs. It's not making any ability better than it originally was.

Tricky.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-18-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

When they released Oracle the way it was (comparing to bard) I vouched to never buy another "soul pack" again... and I am holding to that.

If they nerf the physician like they did the tactician, I would hope the player base would have the spinal fortitude to feel the same way and speak with their wallets.

1. Purposely create new OP classes that require an additional purchase to play them.
    1 1/2. Make that money
    2. Wait for player outcries of "nerf now!".
    3. Hide behind player base outcries in the subterfuge and proceed with already planned nerfs
    4. Go to step 1

we c wat u did thar

Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post
    When they released Oracle the way it was (comparing to bard) I vouched to never buy another "soul pack" again... and I am holding to that.

If they nerf the physician like they did the tactician, I would hope the player base would have the spinal fortitude to feel the same way and speak with their wallets.

1. Purposely create new OP classes that require an additional purchase to play them.
    1 1/2. Make that money
    2. Wait for player outcries of "nerf now!".
    3. Hide behind player base outcries in the subterfuge and proceed with already planned nerfs
    4. Go to step 1

we c wat u did thar

I would just like to add that the warrior class is the least played class along with mages.

Find it ironic that those new souls don't happen to be half as usefull as rogue and cleric souls?

The warrior and mage community is going to shrink even more as players re roll to compete.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Warrior is about to be the new FoTM
    Last edited by wylwrk; 07-18-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    I would just like to add that the warrior class is the least played class along with mages.

Find it ironic that those new souls don't happen to be half as usefull as rogue and cleric souls?

The warrior and mage community is going to shrink even more as players re roll to compete.
    If you take in to account how bad and unpopular Tactician is compared to other Storm Legion souls i would call it fair. (60% of Tact soul tree is pretty much useless and not used)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post
    Warrior is about to be the new FoTM
    i doubt it, warrior class has been horrible since sl, one grossly OP soul that everyone complains about and dis credits any good play because of it, then 7 below average souls with horrible synergy.

we are the only class that gets judged not by how we play normally but how we play with a healer up our ***. hence why people think warlord is actually a good soul

for the first time now we are balanced with para but still have 6 terrible souls. until rb gets reworked, tanks, reaver, lib gets some st heals, temp gets its nerfs reduced and champ gets a purpose warrior will be the most boring, easiest calling. there is just terrible synergy between all our souls now when you look at a class like rogue. nothing is glaringly OP about them but they have better options for everything in pvp.

hence why so many warriors have re-rolled or outright quit. i can count the vet warriors on one hand that still play this game as a warrior main

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    If you take in to account how bad and unpopular Tactician is compared to other Storm Legion souls i would call it fair. (60% of Tact soul tree is pretty much useless and not used)
    tact is legit the only rogue tree not used at 61 points and even at that its an awesome hybrid for st aoe healing with physician. rogues really have no idea how good they got it.

sin and nb top tier melee dps
    bd best melee aoe/st dps plus tons of cc
    physician best st healer
    physician tact second best aoe healer (maybe first ahead of lib)
    ranger and MM both top tier range only behind pyro
    RS hybrids solid 1 v 1 objective specs especially with stealth
    Sab- best cq dps spec
    bard-solid support spec

i mean its not a mistake rogue is by far the calling you see the most. the problem is too many people try and get rogues nerfed instead of their calling made better. rogue is not OP its just the alpha class. it doesnt help that rogues dont admit this though
    Last edited by dday; 07-19-2014 at 04:46 AM.

tact is legit the only rogue tree not used at 61 points and even at that its an awesome hybrid for st aoe healing with physician. rogues really have no idea how good they got it.
    I do, hence why I keep mine :O

I have 13 roles, all of them are usable, and I could still add more. And among 13, as you said, they all feature 9/10 souls (minus tact) as main souls in the specs. I've said this a long time (callings should be like rogues are far as versatility) and it's why tanks need a better niche in PvP. Because without one, nothing will change that warriors have a soul full of defensive souls in a game where defensive souls don't have a strong niche. I see that as a core issue.

How great is RS, Justi and the Mage tank? I suspect not that much amazingly better than warrior tanks and probably the same deal, a small fraction of uses for them. Like my RS running stones or orbs - its usefulness stops there pretty much.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-19-2014 at 04:53 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast