+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Reduce number of people in WFs

Default Reduce number of people in WFs

it would make for less boring matches. BG normal with 5v5 is good, BG dom can stay 10, drop whitefall to 10v10, library to 10v10, KR normal 10v10, codex can stay 15, i'd even like to see scion drop to 15. Also maybe have random side spawn points for fang in BG and Whitefall rather than mid, split up the zergs and heals.

Techfall #1 Athlete World
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-16-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Or just add actual rewards to the ranked bg we already have.

I seriously cannot comprehend how Trion does not see such an easy and simple solution. It can only help us and help Trion; everyone can win with ranked wfs.

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    Or just add actual rewards to the ranked bg we already have.

I seriously cannot comprehend how Trion does not see such an easy and simple solution. It can only help us and help Trion; everyone can win with ranked wfs.
    erm 5v5 BG was just one of them. the point is not for TDM or ranks, it's that having 20 people in one location with 4+ healers on each team makes for boring match, win or lose. I've gotten in a few non-full matches recently with zimmyzz like 6v6 in BG or 7v7 in whitefall and they are a blast.

and regardless 5v5 BG would be abused with heals and stalemates unless they capped it, which is also why i suggested random stone spawns to force split the teams.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-16-2014 at 02:53 PM.

I always thought they should have done this.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    erm 5v5 BG was just one of them. the point is not for TDM or ranks, it's that having 20 people in one location with 4+ healers on each team makes for boring match, win or lose. I've gotten in a few non-full matches recently with zimmyzz like 6v6 in BG or 7v7 in whitefall and they are a blast.

and regardless 5v5 BG would be abused with heals and stalemates unless they capped it, which is also why i suggested random stone spawns to force split the teams.
    You're not wrong.

They are very fun and force people to get better. Might be on to something.

Plane Touched

5v5 might be fine for sandbox type skirmish, but would be too boring in warfront setting. Even 10v10 is kinda meh. Trion just needs to remove aoe heal spam and make all single target heals have cast time.

yeah all the cross healing makes it kinda boring. The TTK is ridiculous. Physicians tanking whole raids is till boring as hell.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    You're not wrong.

They are very fun and force people to get better. Might be on to something.
    Really would only apply to good PMs, that are not afraid to compete against each other. That would be a small amount of ppl. The bad ones, will still go PuG farming and even bads still carry advantages over PuGs. Most PMs would just not que for it, just like they did when que had some sense balance.

An open que, would make it more popular and having to pick a role in that setting. It should also give the same amount in rewards as you can get by doing a random WF. Probably 1.5 the earn rate of a random would work, as there is less ppl on 5s to farm.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

it would make for less boring matches. BG normal with 5v5 is good, BG dom can stay 10, drop whitefall to 10v10, library to 10v10, KR normal 10v10, codex can stay 15, i'd even like to see scion drop to 15. Also maybe have random side spawn points for fang in BG and Whitefall rather than mid, split up the zergs and heals.

I like everything here but don't endorse people without my customary fee.

Great ideas imo, WFS first.
    Last edited by Bliter; 07-16-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Lowering numbers will just make PM pug stomping even more effective. If you were to lower and then form 2 seperate queues it might work.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-16-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    Lowering numbers will just make PM pug stomping even more effective. If you were to lower and then form 2 seperate queues it might work.
    I was just thinking the same thing. PMds would be more pronounced, but just revert the PM match system and its all better.

Then again id also split matches into r75 and lower and r76 and up, which twinned with the lower number of players wouldnt hurt que time so much. Perfect!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    yeah all the cross healing makes it kinda boring. The TTK is ridiculous. Physicians tanking whole raids is till boring as hell.
    Didnt you listen to all the physicians who never healed before? Physician is just fine and as soon as people learn its weakness wfs will return to normal.

That was 3 months ago, right?

One of my wfs today it was 1 vs 25 kbs. I killed someone.

Physicians aren't the problem, it's cross healing. Sentinels can stay alive with heals from chloros and phys. Phys can stay alive from chloros and sent. Chloro will just die jk

Physician isn't the problem. It's the available heals that weren't there before mixed in with the valor changes. One or both has to change, or healing debuffs/abilities are added.

Ascendant

I find that generally the TTK gets worse as you put in less people, since healing classes are designed so that it is unlikely they can be soloed.

Champion

It would be interesting to see the random spawns and the number reduction. It wouldn't even hurt if it was somewhat randomized with the warfront spawns. When a new queue starts, maybe the max number fluctuates to keep it changing.

In the end, I think the only real way to off-set this healing is to give rogues a dom equivalent to squirrel/MB/TI without any CD or DR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast