+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Reduce number of people in WFs

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Didnt you listen to all the physicians who never healed before? Physician is just fine and as soon as people learn its weakness wfs will return to normal.

That was 3 months ago, right?

One of my wfs today it was 1 vs 25 kbs. I killed someone.
    Well, I have a R90 rogue and have played physician on it. Its way too powerful. Its make my cleric look like Techfall in a T1 raid..... completely useless (sorry was too easy to troll). My Liberator cant hold a candle in healing compared to my Physician, and dont even talk about my Chloro. I have over 50k HP in chloro and at best can tank 2 really good dps and 4-5 ****ty ones. But my physician is almost unkillable WITHOUT crosshealing and tbh I dont really know what I'm doing as a phys.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    it would make for less boring matches. BG normal with 5v5 is good, BG dom can stay 10, drop whitefall to 10v10, library to 10v10, KR normal 10v10, codex can stay 15, i'd even like to see scion drop to 15. Also maybe have random side spawn points for fang in BG and Whitefall rather than mid, split up the zergs and heals.

Techfall #1 Athlete World
    Right now there is a huge problem with WF since premades of 5 are farming 15 players WF(they are 33% of their team) all day long IF trion reduced WF to 10 vs 10 lol that would be the apocalypses. 10 vs 10 means 50% of 1 team gonna be full with a premade while the other team will be full of freelance , NO THANKS WF is pretty bad now don't make it worse.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 07-17-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Physicians aren't the problem, it's cross healing. Sentinels can stay alive with heals from chloros and phys. Phys can stay alive from chloros and sent. Chloro will just die jk

Physician isn't the problem. It's the available heals that weren't there before mixed in with the valor changes. One or both has to change, or healing debuffs/abilities are added.
    Ill disagree. Adding a new soul that is the hardest best healer to date was in no way an improvement. It also isnt as vulnerable as the other healers. At any rate if that explanation isnt obvious not sure what else to say.

Prior, crosshealing was an issue. One major, major solution was draining the crosshealers individually or a few dps keeping them busy whilst they drain and eventually you kill them by attrition. Add physician and lol this is no longer possible and that "eventually you kill them" turns into you dont kill anyone or by the time you do you already lost the game.

Crosshealing was never in this ridiculous state prior. Not sure what game people were playing. That is not to say it wasnt an issue, but to such a degree that the sensible good players have made complaints, no.

You guys must have a lot of faith in the average dps player. Lol.

If you actually nerfed overall healing, for example, youd just make all souls healing a lot easier to kill and physician down to what sent currently is now. Until then ill pretend physician doesnt outpace any sent or defiler in straight up output in a pvp setting or that we arent even counting shields. Someone quote me a dummy testing parse please in return.

Why do i post these? Im tired of biased players and also being the only one or one of like two people total that gets a kb in some of these unbalanced wfs which are noticeably much harder when physicians are involved. The average dps cant break through the bias, fyi.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-17-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    Right now there is a huge problem with WF since premades of 5 are farming 15 players WF(they are 33% of their team) all day long IF trion reduced WF to 10 vs 10 lol that would be the apocalypses. 10 vs 10 means 50% of 1 team gonna be full with a premade while the other team will be full of freelance , NO THANKS WF is pretty bad now don't make it worse.
    We are in this situation you describe currently due to Trion.

Prior, PM had a lot longer que to match up with other PM. Now they throw them into regular pugs near instantly.

All Trion has to do is revert this.

Lowering the number of players would = more que pops, plus allow them to split the ranks in at least half for better matches with lesser gear gaps. It would also, naturally, make people better at small scale battles and encourage more PMds to fight other PMds and in turn get more tournament participation.

Trion does not balance pvp by souls they just make huge sweeping changes. This type of change is the best you can hope for from them, unless you think one change after literally a year or more of waiting is "making an effort".
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-17-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    Well, I have a R90 rogue and have played physician on it. Its way too powerful. Its make my cleric look like Techfall in a T1 raid..... completely useless (sorry was too easy to troll). My Liberator cant hold a candle in healing compared to my Physician, and dont even talk about my Chloro. I have over 50k HP in chloro and at best can tank 2 really good dps and 4-5 ****ty ones. But my physician is almost unkillable WITHOUT crosshealing and tbh I dont really know what I'm doing as a phys.
    Two types of healers.

1 physicians who never healed on anything else or were so bad youve no clue who they were. They say physician is fine because "it can be killed". (Like who cant be killed? Lol. Its how hard it is to kill it silly people).

2.people whove played other healing souls to a competent level and readily know physician is stilll way too powerful (for pvp).

I dont even play my cleric anymore thats like playing a gimped soul compared to what you could be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    You guys must have a lot of faith in the average dps player. Lol.

Why do i post these? Im tired of biased players and also being the only one or one of like two people total that gets a kb in some of these unbalanced wfs which are noticeably much harder when physicians are involved. The average dps cant break through the bias, fyi.
    For me to be biased would mean I'd have to play physician, which I don't.

I have no major issues taking down a physician when paired with one other good player. I'll find the shaman or paragon dishing out 2400+ dps and assist/focus fire. Add in ine random dps and pretty much any player will melt.

Put me in a wf with all players only doing 800 or less dps, yeah, there will be a problem.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    For me to be biased would mean I'd have to play physician, which I don't.

I have no major issues taking down a physician when paired with one other good player. I'll find the shaman or paragon dishing out 2400+ dps and assist/focus fire. Add in ine random dps and pretty much any player will melt.

Put me in a wf with all players only doing 800 or less dps, yeah, there will be a problem.
    You did not address at all what i was addressing, that is the difficulty in killing a physician vs the other healing souls.

You also stated you focus off the "other" dps focusing said healer, which is funny because in most matches the dps isnt focusing them at all or just a tank. In some matches where they do you have another healer, or physician, keeping them alive and now you are screwed. Thats not to say some of what ive mentioned isnt universally an issue in and of itself, just exasperated when its a physician vs other souls.

Ill just be confident in saying that, coming from a rogue, you surely arent telling me you kill physicians as easily as you do sents or defilers unless of course you dont play any /36 point sin or NB or pay attention to mana bars which are low. Lets just ignore any of that. If you are then i didnt realize you dont know how to play those souls, at all.

You are forgetting im not stating i have issues taking down physicians. Im stating in 95% of matches im the only one who can kill one or get them to move. Big difference.

Last, most physicians are actually bad healers because the soul enabled derpy heal habits and facetanking. Physician is a soul that gets shields added and most dont LOS? Lol. Horrible players. Point being if you play it correctly it is truly overpowered.

You are correct, two good dps can take out a horribly played facetanking physician. Anyone can kill bad players on overpowered souls.

Tactics change. Previously people would focus too much on the healers and rightfully so since there would be only a few of them. You can't do that now. Instead pick players off one by one. Eventually, after you trim off a few players, you now get the bad and intermediate dps hitting the same targets as you due to the fact there aren't as many targets to tab through. Once you get a few players to backpedal, the momemtum shifts and players hide behind their healers.

As far as healing class balance and survival, I don't disagree. Physician is in a great spot but I don't see the point of QQ since nothing is being done in the short term. I'm sick of warfronts where I'm gaining 30-40% less favor when compared to the same maps 6 months ago.

i would love this, the less people there are the more skill plays and the more impact a good player has.

of course you would have to fix match making, if a premade gets put on the other side you better put 5 p90s on the other team

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2