+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: DAGLAR: PvP bolster

Default DAGLAR: PvP bolster

Right now it seems the majority of the problems in WF is the guys without the gear. There is an increasing gap between new 60's to full relic myrm/BiS rune and stacked CP geared player like myself. The bolster need to be lifted i think it's not unreasonable to get it lifted to warlord gear min with 6 essences and a synergy crystal bolster. Full warlord and the warlord synergy is enough to start being competitive.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

gets kinda weird having to decrease the cap because of p2w pvp gear

Rift Chaser

give u peanut, u asking for a burger. The problem is the CP gears... remove it and everything will go back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    give u peanut, u asking for a burger. The problem is the CP gears... remove it and everything will go back to normal.
    Th CP gear starts at warlord level tho. So everyone from there has access to it.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    gets kinda weird having to decrease the cap because of p2w pvp gear
    it's not really P2W if you play long enough you will get enough warlord marks to start getting gear. P2W will get you there faster tho. And even if you did P2W you still have unbelievably high RNG for key items such as the absorb trinket.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-14-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    it's not really P2W if you play long enough you will get enough warlord marks to start getting gear. P2W will get you there faster tho. And even if you did P2W you still have unbelievably high RNG for key items such as the absorb trinket.
    huh? bis pvp gear comes from boxes. Hard to defend that. Shortening the gap because some people spend the cash to get full gear really quickly just makes it even more p2w.

huh? bis pvp gear comes from boxes. Hard to defend that. Shortening the gap because some people spend the cash to get full gear really quickly just makes it even more p2w.
    It's also warlord gear. You still have to upgrade it to myrm then relic myrm to be BiS. There is no P2W for myrm marks. And even tho the depleted crates effectively give you DiC you are talking 100's of dollars per DiC. Who really spends that much? And if there are people out there spending that much good on them because they are paying for this F2P game for everyone else.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Plane Walker

It's also warlord gear. You still have to upgrade it to myrm then relic myrm to be BiS. There is no P2W for myrm marks. And even tho the depleted crates effectively give you DiC you are talking 100's of dollars per DiC. Who really spends that much? And if there are people out there spending that much good on them because they are paying for this F2P game for everyone else.
    About the only problem I have with PvP gear right now is that you use warlord upgrade parts to upgrade from myrmidon to relic myrmidon and those can be bought with credits. And the leap in armor and stats from myrmidon to relic myrmidon is pretty damn big. Once you hit P90 and have the base myrmidon gear you get the relic myrmidon gear fastest from buying the warlord upgrade parts and RNG boxes for DIC's.

Can everyone also be bolstered to good players so this game becomes less pitiful to play?

Just fix the queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    About the only problem I have with PvP gear right now is that you use warlord upgrade parts to upgrade from myrmidon to relic myrmidon and those can be bought with credits. And the leap in armor and stats from myrmidon to relic myrmidon is pretty damn big. Once you hit P90 and have the base myrmidon gear you get the relic myrmidon gear fastest from buying the warlord upgrade parts and RNG boxes for DIC's.
    I don't think I can believe that people are actually doing this. 7 large warlord cells for a chest upgrade is 26460 gems. Are there really people out there spending 100 bucks per upgrade? And the DiC's are 36000+ gems. That's being generous with a 10 shard per chest it's actually a less drop rate than that.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Can everyone also be bolstered to good players so this game becomes less pitiful to play?
    You first.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

I've played P2W MMOs, and rift is nothing like it.
    P2W is having 100% crit pots that last for half an hour and don't last through death. P2W is having defence pots on the rift store that give you twice the armour/resists of a full tank. P2W is stacking store only potions that enable you to one shot epic myrm players while solo tanking both enemy CQ faction zergs. P2W is dropping $50 on the rift store for half an hour of pvp godliness.... until someone comes along who dropped $100 on the store and puts you in your place.

Rift is better described as F2W - Free to Wait.
    a free player can and will get everything, eventually. they will even get the odd random xp/favour/prestige/token vial from assorted crates the game gives out here and there to occasionally speed things up a bit. a smart player can even maximise the use they get out of those vials (save up the dailies until all weeklies are completed, turn in all of them together with token buff up)
    Players willing to spend just a small amount of cash can speed things up considerably.
    Even then, there is a speed bump when you reach myrmidon marks, as no token buffs work for them.
    So sure, players willing to spend just a small amount of cash get stuff faster, but that isn't pay to win. gear does not grant skill (and I should know, I have the gear...).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I've played P2W MMOs, and rift is nothing like it.
    P2W is having 100% crit pots that last for half an hour and don't last through death. P2W is having defence pots on the rift store that give you twice the armour/resists of a full tank. P2W is stacking store only potions that enable you to one shot epic myrm players while solo tanking both enemy CQ faction zergs. P2W is dropping $50 on the rift store for half an hour of pvp godliness.... until someone comes along who dropped $100 on the store and puts you in your place.

Rift is better described as F2W - Free to Wait.
    a free player can and will get everything, eventually. they will even get the odd random xp/favour/prestige/token vial from assorted crates the game gives out here and there to occasionally speed things up a bit. a smart player can even maximise the use they get out of those vials (save up the dailies until all weeklies are completed, turn in all of them together with token buff up)
    Players willing to spend just a small amount of cash can speed things up considerably.
    Even then, there is a speed bump when you reach myrmidon marks, as no token buffs work for them.
    So sure, players willing to spend just a small amount of cash get stuff faster, but that isn't pay to win. gear does not grant skill (and I should know, I have the gear...).
    It almost physically pains me to say that this is a great post. In my opinion, it is all true.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Right now it seems the majority of the problems in WF is the guys without the gear. There is an increasing gap between new 60's to full relic myrm/BiS rune and stacked CP geared player like myself. The bolster need to be lifted i think it's not unreasonable to get it lifted to warlord gear min with 6 essences and a synergy crystal bolster. Full warlord and the warlord synergy is enough to start being competitive.
    Your asking them to "fix" a marketing campaign that has and will continue (for awhile) to generate revenue. That is their primary motive after all.

CP's were introduced.
    People will pay for them.
    They generate revenue.
    Goal accomplished.

Hate to spell it out for you like that but, you're asking to take out or reduce the incentive for players to make that purchase.

Not gonna happen .... yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast