+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Improving CQ and premades balance in PvP. (constructive suggestion)

Prophet of Telara

Default Improving CQ and premades balance in PvP. (constructive suggestion)

Change CQ power in to Guild Power, adjust the numbers and add more benefits from it. Reduce the decay to 2 days.

The good thing is that it will affect every character in guild so you wont have to get Guild Power on every alt. More premades who try to win will greatly improve CQ balance and make fights more interesting instead of brainless zerg running from point A to B.

This will encourage even pve guilds to take CQ more seriously for the perks which works in PvE raids. Increased max point cap will require to actually play CQ more instead of getting in only for the timer. Add bonus points for winning and take away points for losing (at least a bit). Scale the benefits based on how long player was in winning team, so joining at the end will not give as much as playing from the begining.

Add penalty for leaving CQ (- points for the Guild Power) to discourage players from leaving when their side is not doing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

why do you want to reward CQ play?

When you standing in the zerg, do you actually feel like you're doing better then the other team?

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    This will encourage even pve guilds to take CQ more seriously for the perks which works in PvE raids.
    yeah we don't want this, sorry.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Change CQ power in to Guild Power, adjust the numbers and add more benefits from it. Reduce the decay to 2 days.

The good thing is that it will affect every character in guild so you wont have to get Guild Power on every alt. More premades who try to win will greatly improve CQ balance and make fights more interesting instead of brainless zerg running from point A to B.

This will encourage even pve guilds to take CQ more seriously for the perks which works in PvE raids. Increased max point cap will require to actually play CQ more instead of getting in only for the timer. Add bonus points for winning and take away points for losing (at least a bit). Scale the benefits based on how long player was in winning team, so joining at the end will not give as much as playing from the begining.

Add penalty for leaving CQ (- points for the Guild Power) to discourage players from leaving when their side is not doing well.
    Well in my opinion this a unique idea and approaches a lot of complaints about CQ from different angle.

I like the idea, may need some more refinement, but it would reinforce group play in an MMO for sure. Those that don't really want to look at long run results from it and want to just undermine the idea from the get go most likely don't like CQ to begin with, so their arguments really have no place here.

RIFT Guide Writer

Where's the dislike button when you need it? i do not want to play CQ at all for PVE. how hard is that to understand?

If this type of **** went in, I'd make sure to mass queue as many people to AFK as possible just to **** with balance.
    Last edited by evantide; 07-13-2014 at 09:59 AM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

When you standing in the zerg, do you actually feel like you're doing better then the other team?
    Ahh yea, it takes a lot of skill to out number the other team by 20 people. Why do you think all of the cq premades have the best gear

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

Believe me CQ will change a lot once serious premade groups in each faction will play it to win. Any side which will try to run in one big zerg will lose, because you will easily get outcapped. From a mindless zerg it will turn in to difficult mind game where people dont kill the extractors but only lower them to <20% HP and try to cap them at the end, which gives pugs false sense of being ahead.

Winning such CQ will require the zerg to split in to smaller groups and focus on taking / defending certain area or creating the traps for other factions.

The main reason why CQ Is so bad is because of huge numbers of random low geared and skilled players who often dont listen or even ruin the match by attacking wrong extractors.

Fighting 20vs20 in open area requires a lot more skill than 3vs3 or 5vs5, because focus fire will become even more important and AE attacks can be easily countered by proper positioning and good raid setup.

Ganking in smaller groups 5-10 people will also have a lot more impact because even such small group of geared and skilled players can kill extractors quite fast or secure fortify stones, so each side will have to have their own gankers to attack and defend various locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Step 1 to improve CQ - new game engine so it can handle more then 20 ppl on the screen =))))

Default Ummmm... NO

Horrible idea. All this would do is kill all of the small guilds. If you aren't a member of a big name guild you would receive no CQ power and be relegated to the "get farmed" teams that get 100 kills per CQ. To simply complete the 2k weekly kills quest would require a dozen or more CQs per week, all while getting farmed mercilessly. No thanks.

Please explain to me why the big CQ guilds need more perks. It's not like you don't already commandeer all three factions and use CQ as your own personal chess game with the rest of us voiceless cannon fodder.

We don't need to encourage PUG stomping, we need to control it.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

That is an interesting idea and it is refreshing to see some new ideas instead of the same old complaints. While not everyone is going to like this idea (or any idea for that matter), if more players thought outside the box like this good things will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    Say the sprinter to the marathon runner.
    Yea terrible analogy

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Yea terrible analogy
    Only cause you can't see it. You're single minded and can't expand your thought, so it doesn't surprise me you don't understand the analogy. Put keep posting on the the thread that is attempting to generate a creative idea and not your typical blah blah blah CQ is garbage threads.

Only cause you can't see it. You're single minded and can't expand your thought, so it doesn't surprise me you don't understand the analogy. Put keep posting on the the thread that is attempting to generate a creative idea and not your typical blah blah blah CQ is garbage threads.
    except your analogy makes no sense, cq is the sprint not the marathon. i have level'd my mage the hard way with little to no cq because it terrible content even though it was faster to level.

im not closed minded either i get people love it, let them play it to their hearts content, just dont make it best for everything pvp and i wouldnt care. you have content that a lot of people despise (and love) making it so important for everything is just poor design. my opinion is dags doesnt trust his content and thinks it will be a ghost town if he didnt tie so much to it. if you could gain everything you gain in cq in wfs i think cq would become way smaller scale or simply disappear like pvp rifts.

alternatively i wouldnt mind cq if they made it a requirement to be p80 to play so people actually had to learn how to pvp before they leveled so quickly. that and making it run smoothly, large scale pvp can be fun just cq isnt. lastly it promotes bad play because you can legit spam one button on a premade and rank up incredibly fast .

oh at the op forcing more people into content is possibly the worst idea imaginable, would be like making pvpers run dungeons to get pvp power...
    Last edited by dday; 07-13-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    except your analogy makes no sense, cq is the sprint not the marathon. i have level'd my mage the hard way with little to no cq because it terrible content even though it was faster to level.

im not closed minded either i get people love it, let them play it to their hearts content, just dont make it best for everything pvp and i wouldnt care. you have content that a lot of people despise (and love) making it so important for everything is just poor design. my opinion is dags doesnt trust his content and thinks it will be a ghost town if he didnt tie so much to it. if you could gain everything you gain in cq in wfs i think cq would become way smaller scale or simply disappear like pvp rifts.

alternatively i wouldnt mind cq if they made it a requirement to be p80 to play so people actually had to learn how to pvp before they leveled so quickly. that and making it run smoothly, large scale pvp can be fun just cq isnt. lastly it promotes bad play because you can legit spam one button on a premade and rank up incredibly fast .

oh at the op forcing more people into content is possibly the worst idea imaginable, would be like making pvpers run dungeons to get pvp power...
    I was looking at the mechanics/scale of the fight not really the goal as it pertains to prestige/favor gained. For ranking up CQ is the sprint, but for duration of fights (the good fights ABL/HK had) CQ is the marathon in my mind.

Only cause you can't see it.
    No, your analogy was actually terrible, like most of your arguments on this topic. You can hardly construct a sentence without incorporating a logical fallacy. It's aggravating.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 07-13-2014 at 02:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast