+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 226
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Improving CQ and premades balance in PvP. (constructive suggestion)

  1. #91
    Plane Walker Kittyhawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    I'm sorry that you have no friends to queue with.
    Please spare me the bull**** about PMs being about playing with friends.

    You must be one of those people that needs to take advantage of the PM handicap to remain viable. I don't need to be in a PM, but I oppose any change that would penalize people that don't/can't join PM groups.

    You play your PM game for an advantage. I'll stick to my character swap tactics for the advantage too.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

  2. #92
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Please spare me the bull**** about PMs being about playing with friends.

    You must be one of those people that needs to take advantage of the PM handicap to remain viable. I don't need to be in a PM, but I oppose any change that would penalize people that don't/can't join PM groups.

    You play your PM game for an advantage. I'll stick to my character swap tactics for the advantage too.
    Maybe u should try to make friends

    Tip: Not a good way to make friends: http://imgur.com/MTW6KDd

    try being nice
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  3. #93
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Maybe u should try to make friends

    Tip: Not a good way to make friends: http://imgur.com/MTW6KDd

    try being nice
    Maybe he is not afraid of making 19 new friends every hour...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  4. #94
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Yeah, a 13% chance to be on the farming PM team, a 13% chance to be on the feeder PM team, and a 34% chance to be on the get farmed team. Sounds like a lot of fun.

    PMs are the problem, NOT the solution. Force solo queues and make it fair for all participants. A solo only queue would better balance the sides and give players an incentive to fight rather than AFK, log out or try to cap 65%.

    Why do players run in PMs? I've heard many people say that they "enjoy playing with their friends," but the truth is that people do it because it gives you a huge advantage over others. PMs aren't about playing with friends, which is exactly why you have hellokitty@hailol. People aren't messaging their friends to form a PM to CQ, they're screaming in chat for any well geared player who is willing to fill specific roles, i.e dom, pyrochon, etc. to help in the PUG farming.
    You use your math in a wrong way to prove something which is caused by PUG's leaving their losing factions and reloging to alts for a chance on free reward.

    It's true that premades are not only about playing with friends. It's about mindset, will to improve and get better results instead of wasting time to explain random PUG's why they shouldn't attack certain extractor while they dont give a damn.

    Premade allow me to enjoy pvp due to better cooperation with all the buffs needed to reach full potential and heals when i will need them. If there's not enough incentive for PUG's and PvE guilds to improve their experience with CQ will remain bad.

    If i have guild mates or friends who want to go CQ i would rather go with them than solo q, that's what MMO is about. Playing together, improving together, having fun together.

    The more premades there is the more balanced CQ will become. We just need something to encourage more players to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

  5. #95
    Plane Touched Moirg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Please spare me the bull**** about PMs being about playing with friends.

    You must be one of those people that needs to take advantage of the PM handicap to remain viable. I don't need to be in a PM, but I oppose any change that would penalize people that don't/can't join PM groups.

    You play your PM game for an advantage. I'll stick to my character swap tactics for the advantage too.
    I actualy hate zerging in CQ, I just gank either solo or with a group of friends. Again, I'm sorry you have none to do this with. I'm happy to 1v1 you, or if you can somehow put together a 5's or 3's team to face mine I'm happy to do so as well to prove that I can fight another premade group with one of my own. I just don't think you will be able to create a group easily since it seems you have few/no friends that are willing to PvP with you.

  6. #96
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Please spare me the bull**** about PMs being about playing with friends.

    You must be one of those people that needs to take advantage of the PM handicap to remain viable. I don't need to be in a PM, but I oppose any change that would penalize people that don't/can't join PM groups.

    You play your PM game for an advantage. I'll stick to my character swap tactics for the advantage too.
    Actually, I made several friends by jumping in the PM's - before I joined a PVP guild. Also, at that time I was not rank 90 on my main and I still got in. I think that would suprise most folks, people are constantly asking in HK chat for people to join (in NA Primetime) and all they ask for is certain builds. Heck, there are even a few that are now just saying: "PST with spec" so that they can at least get heals/support/tanks evened out - but they are not even asking for specific builds.

    I know from an earlier post you made in this thread that you may be a little rigid in your desire to run what you want. Nothing wrong with that but it won't get you on most PM's. Heck, I could run 61 Pyro and pile up tons of damage, but rolling Pyrochon or Dom would be way more beneficial to the raid. Continuing with that example: If I am running Pyrochon and know how to play it well but there is already a Pyrochon in the raid, I HAVE to run something else, I can't be too rigid when involved in team play.

    All a PM does is provide organization. Organization is always better when pitted against dissaray.

    Oh, and when you do get those PM versus PM fights - pretty awesome.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

  7. #97
    Plane Walker Kittyhawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Maybe u should try to make friends

    Tip: Not a good way to make friends: http://imgur.com/MTW6KDd

    try being nice
    Stealing credit from people, then laughing when people kissed your *** isn't a real great ****ing way to make friends either. Maybe after you hit puberty, grow some balls and learn to quit being an ****** you'll learn what real friends are.

    I stand by my statement...
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...ps29d11dd2.jpg
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

  8. #98
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Stealing credit from people, then laughing when people kissed your *** isn't a real great ****ing way to make friends either. Maybe after you hit puberty, grow some balls and learn to quit being an ****** you'll learn what real friends are.

    I stand by my statement...
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...ps29d11dd2.jpg
    I'm going to make a guess here.

    That you died in pvp.

    And now you're mad about it?

    Confirm/Deny?

  9. #99
    Plane Walker Kittyhawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    I actualy hate zerging in CQ, I just gank either solo or with a group of friends. Again, I'm sorry you have none to do this with. I'm happy to 1v1 you, or if you can somehow put together a 5's or 3's team to face mine I'm happy to do so as well to prove that I can fight another premade group with one of my own. I just don't think you will be able to create a group easily since it seems you have few/no friends that are willing to PvP with you.
    It's not that I can't join groups, it's that I choose not to do so because I have very little in common with most PVPers. I was part of a PVP guild once where it was "required" that members be on teamspeak/vent whenever we were playing. I'm an age 60+ woman, and I'll tell you right now that the conversations I prefer are vastly different from the conversations I encountered in TS/vent. I don't want to discuss teen girls, sex, etc., and I'm sickened every time people go on about "******" others. I join ts/vent when necessary, but not any more than I have to. Would you want to play with your friends with your grandmother listening in on everything 12-16 hrs a day? I didn't think so either.

    That being said, I really have no desire to fight you and your friends in some epeen contest. I don't need that. I often play Rift with my best friend in real life, but we prefer to solo queue and often end up on opposing teams. We find that to be more challenging and fun. While I'm very progressive in how I play, I'm also very old fashioned in many of my philosophies. It's one of those things that have a hard time transcending the generational gap between your generation and mine.

    Oh, and to the person who messaged me that their grandmother never used the words I do, I'd say that she probably did and you just don't know about it. Cussing isn't something that was invented by your generation. It's been around long before even I was born.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

  10. #100
    Plane Walker Kittyhawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I'm going to make a guess here.

    That you died in pvp.

    And now you're mad about it?

    Confirm/Deny?
    Am I the only one to see the irony of Aveleys commenting in this thread? The person who, when he solo queues, abandons his team at the first sign of challenge.

    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...ps3f0dc762.jpg

    Confirm/Deny?
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

  11. #101
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Im fully convinced that Guild Power when introduced properly will make CQ participation very beneficial for both, pvp and pve. There will be lot's of players who will do it just for the pve and encouraging them to join or make premades will give them more options to avoid being farmed as it's easier to convince premade mates to change the roles compared to random PUG players.
    .
    I'll say this in small words so you understand PVE Raid GUILDS DO NOT WANT TO PvP IN ORDER TO RAID. This is the problem with CQ power right now and why so many complain about it. If someone doesn't want to PvP they should not be forced to do so in order to gain huge advantages in unrelated content.

    The only way to get Trion to fix CQ is for it to die an ugly death of being a wasteland with maybe 2-3 people participating. As long as their numbers show lots of people logging into CQ they'll keep thinking people actually like it. As long as CQ power keeps giving PvE boosts Raiders will keep logging into it for that boost no matter how much they hate it.

    The fishing idea in Steppes is a good one, maybe I'll level fishing.
    Last edited by Tollwutig; 07-15-2014 at 01:58 PM.

  12. #102
    Plane Touched Moirg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Am I the only one to see the irony of Aveleys commenting in this thread? The person who, when he solo queues, abandons his team at the first sign of challenge.

    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...ps3f0dc762.jpg

    Confirm/Deny?
    Your screenshot is too cropped to be valid because it does not show setting, and for all we know you could have left right after him.

    Aveleys is a far superior player to yourself, which i can confirm myself and I'm sure others will back me up as well. And please stop hating on people because they actually have friends to queue with and you don't.

    --

    Edit: Did not see this post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Stealing credit from people, then laughing when people kissed your *** isn't a real great ****ing way to make friends either. Maybe after you hit puberty, grow some balls and learn to quit being an ****** you'll learn what real friends are.
    You obviously know what friends are, as we've already gone over the fact that you don't have any at least in RIFT. RG's screenshot shows how good you are at making them.
    Last edited by Moirg; 07-15-2014 at 02:06 PM.

  13. #103
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Moirg <3 <3

    Kittyhawke it's really amusing you go to so much trouble to screenshot me leaving a warfront. Although I honestly would soul recall out to avoid having to carry bads like you.
    Last edited by Aveleys; 07-15-2014 at 02:35 PM.

  14. #104
    Plane Touched Moirg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Moirg <3 <3

    Kittyhawke it's really amusing you go to so much trouble to screenshot me leaving a warfront.
    Well see that's the point, we don't know when/where it was taken. For all we know this SS could have been taken after you left a match because it was over, or you just leaving a CQ zerg group to solo gank or something. Hell, she could have just randomly invited you and then you left her raid group!

    It obviously proves that you leave your team at the first sight of of a challenging fight.
    Last edited by Moirg; 07-15-2014 at 02:55 PM.

  15. #105
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    I'll say this in small words so you understand PVE Raid GUILDS DO NOT WANT TO PvP IN ORDER TO RAID. This is the problem with CQ power right now and why so many complain about it. If someone doesn't want to PvP they should not be forced to do so in order to gain huge advantages in unrelated content.

    The only way to get Trion to fix CQ is for it to die an ugly death of being a wasteland with maybe 2-3 people participating. As long as their numbers show lots of people logging into CQ they'll keep thinking people actually like it. As long as CQ power keeps giving PvE boosts Raiders will keep logging into it for that boost no matter how much they hate it.

    The fishing idea in Steppes is a good one, maybe I'll level fishing.
    Unfortunately, it is the only feasible way for PvPers to level and gear up. Most would (at least at one time) to do it through WFs. So, it will continue to be the "smoke and mirrors" it is, as far as numbers in it...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts