+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Improving CQ and premades balance in PvP. (constructive suggestion)

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Congratulations on your induction to my fan club. You've joined the venerable ranks of such esteemed PvPers as Sprawl, Kiika, xXScreamoLuvrXx, and butkus. To preempt the inevitable question: no, I'm sorry, but I don't sign body parts. I'll trade you an autographed photo for a RIC, though. God forbid I have to do Conquest.
    Again spinning, not posting anything relevant to the subject and revert to attacks. Your special. Such low IQ. Glad UCF has such highly trained graduates. Should be proud. Sure you're not the White House press secretary?

#attacksalwaysprovemypoints

Lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    Your special.
    My special what? I know I criticised you for not constructing sentences without logical fallacies, but omitting verbs entirely is a bit extreme!

Such low IQ.
    Points for originality.

Again spinning, not posting anything relevant to the subject and revert to attacks. Your special. Such low IQ. Glad UCF has such highly trained graduates. Should be proud. Sure you're not the White House press secretary?

#attacksalwaysprovemypoints
    I mean, really, if you are going to attack someone's intelligence shouldn't you at least be grammatically coherent? Just sayin'.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    While I agree that the extractor count is counter productive, it's also one of the "safe" ways for newbies to ease into CQ. They're not invited to PMs and will most likely be farmed, so this, at least, rewards them with something for participating in CQ. Tactics? The tactics used are predominantly formulated by a bunch of school kids and armchair generals who have NO CLUE how to manage a battlefield. The leaders constantly make horrible tactical calls, and everyone just follows the lemming train straight to the slaughterhouse.
    Upgrading extractors is even easier and benefit your faction more without causing any problems, hence my suggestion to rework daily quest. If PUG's dont get invited to premade they can form their own premade. If they get farmed it's their own fault for being bad and too lazy to open the map and see where's the enemy zerg.

Guild Power encourage people to either join or make premades, which makes it easier to get better raid setup and play on your own instead of being indirectly forced to follow the zerg because soloing extractors takes too long.

Again, you're proposing punitive action against the victims who aren't able to join the dominant factions. Do you really feel it's fair to punish the people who got farmed? You're not encouraging anyone to play better, all you're doing is discouraging people from participating in CQ at all. Beyond that, how would you propose Trion deal with those people just out to complete the daily extractor quest? Some of us have multiple characters, in my case I need 48 extractors per day. Am I to be forced to do CQ 4+ times a day just to complete the daily quest?
    I have already explain that everybody have the same chance to get on winning side. The penalty for leaving losing side will discourage players from weakening their side thus any side will have similar chance to win.

Do you honestly believe that adding vials will replace the RNG boxes? This is Trion we're talking about. All they'll do is add the vials to profit more off of the unnecessary grid. The RNG boxes aren't going to go away.

This system would kill CQ participation. You propose scaling punishment, but the CQ rewards that the losing teams receive aren't cumulative, the're granted largely at the end. That's the problem with the current system. If rewards were granted periodically throughout the duration of CQ, people would receive rewards for participating. Putting all the rewards at the end of CQ created the current system which encourages people to only join at the timer.

Despite running a lot of CQs, I dislike CQ, and I refuse to submit to being farmed. The members of the CQ guilds don't understand this because you're always on the PM teams. You're the ones victimizing others, and now you want to penalize people who are tired of getting farmed. NO.
    Im fully convinced that Guild Power when introduced properly will make CQ participation very beneficial for both, pvp and pve. There will be lot's of players who will do it just for the pve and encouraging them to join or make premades will give them more options to avoid being farmed as it's easier to convince premade mates to change the roles compared to random PUG players.

It's very unlikely that current reward system will change, but reloging to alts for full benefit needs to be fixed. It's like leaving your football team near the end to join winning side for more money.
    Last edited by Otts; 07-14-2014 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

My special what? I know I criticised you for not constructing sentences without logical fallacies, but omitting verbs entirely is a bit extreme!

Points for originality.
    Oh.........

you got me. My point is completely invalid. One grammatical error in all these post. Such robust rebuttals.

How can I ever speak again.

Seriously, going this route now?
    Last edited by Tohrid; 07-14-2014 at 11:24 PM.

The single best way to make CQ more enjoyable is to make the rewards also available from another avenue (warfronts or similar). That way the players who like CQ can enjoy it without the interference of those of us who do not like it. Win win, right?
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Oh.........

you got me. My point is completely invalid. One grammatical error in all these post. Such robust rebuttals.

How can I ever speak again.

Seriously, going this route now?
    Your cognitive dissonance is astounding. You turn the discussion into an assault on my character and then try to grab the moral high ground. You pull the IQ card and then get touchy when someone points out that you haven't mastered 4th grade grammar. I understand it's probably not something you're used to -- talking to someone who is actually reading your posts -- but could you at least try for some consistency, here? For me?

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    The single best way to make CQ more enjoyable is to make the rewards also available from another avenue (warfronts or similar). That way the players who like CQ can enjoy it without the interference of those of us who do not like it. Win win, right?
    And how convenient, they've got all these Warfronts just sitting there with ****ty rewards. What a brilliant idea!
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 07-14-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Your cognitive dissonance is astounding. You turn the discussion into an assault on my character and then try to grab the moral high ground. You pull the IQ card and then get touchy when someone points out that you haven't mastered 4th grade grammar. I understand it's probably not something you're used to -- talking to someone who is actually reading your posts -- but could you at least try for some consistency, here? For me?

And how convenient, they've got all these Warfronts just sitting there with ****ty rewards. What a brilliant idea!
    Never met someone that states you're angry as an personal attack. Are you still angry?

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    I have already explain that everybody have the same chance to get on winning side. The penalty for leaving losing side will discourage players from weakening their side thus any side will have similar chance to win.
    Let me simplify this. Assume that there are 100 people in CQ. 33/33/34 Each person has a ~33% chance of being on the winning team if everyone were to solo queue. If you and your guildies all form a 20 player raid of R90s and are on one team, then the chance of anyone else getting on that team is effectively reduced from 33% to 13%. All you're doing is skewing the odds of winning in your favor. When people queue and realize they're not on the PM team, there is damn near ZERO incentive to remain in CQ.

Why would I subject myself to being farmed for an hour or more? I get almost no favor from getting farmed, and the only other thing I would received are useless CQ marks. (all of my characters have the sigil, all R70 essences and the CQ 150 mount) I CQ only for favor farming and to collect an occasional RIC for upgrading my gear.

Let's face the truth, the members of the PMs want these changes because people are increasingly hesitent to remain in the losing factions. If everyone abandons the losing factions, you have nobody to farm, leaving the RIC lottery the only reason to CQ. Even when you get lucky and have a few RICs (I still have 17 after upgrading half of my mage to relic) the problem remains that you need *millions* of favor, with nobody to farm to get it. Enter the new suggestion that Trion FORCE people to be farmed. Again, NO.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Trion should run for office, they do an exceellent job of keeping us bickering amoung ourselves. By implementation of content.

Of course, human greed and unwilling to compromise to make the most ppl happy, falls on us. Since we will never have a united front.

2 major issues amoung the players, almost everything about cq and pms v. Pugs. With a side of oped classes thrown in.

Not sure what is more sad, the unwillingness to compromise or the fact they come in the forums every week and act surprised and appauled that threads about the same topics keep coming up...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Prophet of Telara

Let me simplify this. Assume that there are 100 people in CQ. 33/33/34 Each person has a ~33% chance of being on the winning team if everyone were to solo queue. If you and your guildies all form a 20 player raid of R90s and are on one team, then the chance of anyone else getting on that team is effectively reduced from 33% to 13%. All you're doing is skewing the odds of winning in your favor. When people queue and realize they're not on the PM team, there is damn near ZERO incentive to remain in CQ.

Why would I subject myself to being farmed for an hour or more? I get almost no favor from getting farmed, and the only other thing I would received are useless CQ marks. (all of my characters have the sigil, all R70 essences and the CQ 150 mount) I CQ only for favor farming and to collect an occasional RIC for upgrading my gear.

Let's face the truth, the members of the PMs want these changes because people are increasingly hesitent to remain in the losing factions. If everyone abandons the losing factions, you have nobody to farm, leaving the RIC lottery the only reason to CQ. Even when you get lucky and have a few RICs (I still have 17 after upgrading half of my mage to relic) the problem remains that you need *millions* of favor, with nobody to farm to get it. Enter the new suggestion that Trion FORCE people to be farmed. Again, NO.
    You get one premade on one side and other premades on other sides. There's a problem only when there's not enough good premades due to no incentive to form them.

The chance of premade stacking on one side with 0 pugs is nearly 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

So a random loot chest that only goes to the winner that has a slight chance at dropping an upgrade piece for top-end gear isn't good enough incentive to form a pm? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    You get one premade on one side and other premades on other sides. There's a problem only when there's not enough good premades due to no incentive to form them.

The chance of premade stacking on one side with 0 pugs is nearly 0.
    Yeah, a 13% chance to be on the farming PM team, a 13% chance to be on the feeder PM team, and a 34% chance to be on the get farmed team. Sounds like a lot of fun.

PMs are the problem, NOT the solution. Force solo queues and make it fair for all participants. A solo only queue would better balance the sides and give players an incentive to fight rather than AFK, log out or try to cap 65%.

Why do players run in PMs? I've heard many people say that they "enjoy playing with their friends," but the truth is that people do it because it gives you a huge advantage over others. PMs aren't about playing with friends, which is exactly why you have hellokitty@hailol. People aren't messaging their friends to form a PM to CQ, they're screaming in chat for any well geared player who is willing to fill specific roles, i.e dom, pyrochon, etc. to help in the PUG farming.
    Last edited by Kittyhawke; 07-15-2014 at 07:32 AM.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Yeah, a 13% chance to be on the farming PM team, a 13% chance to be on the feeder PM team, and a 34% chance to be on the get farmed team. Sounds like a lot of fun.

PMs are the problem, NOT the solution. Force solo queues and make it fair for all participants. A solo only queue would better balance the sides and give players an incentive to fight rather than AFK, log out or try to cap 65%.

Why do players run in PMs? I've heard many people say that they "enjoy playing with their friends," but the truth is that people do it because it gives you a huge advantage over others. PMs aren't about playing with friends, which is exactly why you have hellokitty@hailol. People aren't messaging their friends to form a PM to CQ, they're screaming in chat for any well geared player who is willing to fill specific roles, i.e dom, pyrochon, etc. to help in the PUG farming.
    I'm sorry that you have no friends to queue with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast