+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Improving CQ and premades balance in PvP. (constructive suggestion)

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    I wish that people would uderstand that I HAVE NO OBJECTION TO PEOPLE PLAYING TOGETHER. What I oppose is using those groups to create imbalanced teams. If you want to regroup once in a match that's fine, but stacking a raid of R90s to pug stomp causes uneven teams and breeds many of the problems that plague CQ. Do you want to get better? Have a team of five friends join other factions, fight it out and learn from that experience. People learn nothing when all you do is massacre opposing teams in seconds.
    A lot of 20 man PM's I have been in (especially in the last couple of months) are composed of more players under P90 than at p90. I know personally, I have been levelling my alts and I only run CQ on my main once a week just to keep cq power.

Raid balance is a lot more important in keeping things even in matches, in my opinion. Sure, you will see the full blown p90 raid evey once in a while, but it is not nearly as predominate as you might think.

A well balanced 20 man PM of 8 or 9 p90s will beat a pug raid of 14 or 15 p90s most every time because they usually don't have a good balance of dps/heals/support.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    You missed my point nothing in PvP should boost or make PvE easier. Likewise no PvE should really be needed for PvP progression. If a guild is focused on progression raiding they do not need to spend time in CQ in order to get PvE benefits, nor should they have to recruit someone with entirely different goals.
    Ideally guilds should have more options to level using PvP only.

Now if you allow Guild Power to be leveled and maintained by final boss kills in SLE\Raids as well as WF\CQ victories then that would work out.
    That's the point of MMO, to encourage players to do more various content together. Maybe they will start to like and spend more $ on it in future. Do you think real pvpers would ever touch artifacts if it wasnt for dream orbs? heh.

Separating PvE and PvP would require not only more time and resource for better content but also lot's of expensive changes which they may not want to in F2P MMO.

RIFT with current engine will die, so this project will have to end at some point. Maybe they just dont want to spend more $ until the can get RIFT v2 with enginge that can handle more players and with better optimization for high end PCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Default Parade rainer

Trion encourages group play. There is nothing a PM does that any other group in this game is incapable of doing as well. Is it easy to get 20 people for a cq pm? Nope, and it also feels at times like a thankless second job with **** pay. That said, those who put in that time and effort deserve to reap what they sow. We should not take away group play from pvpers bc others do not wish to take the time and effort to match the pms.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

I'm sorry if I come across as a bitter person. I may dislike a few people, but I don't think that's any different than anyone alse who posts here. Some of my posts may be interpreted as aggressive, but in my opinion they were in response to multiple condescending comments by a select group of people determined to annoy and insult me. I'm not perfect and I've said some things that I regret, but certain people continuing to taunt me does little to ease the tension.

This is an example of why I post as I do. Some people just have to continue to assault anyone who dares to think differently from what they want. The comment about me becomes personal, and only serves to piss people off.

I wish that people would uderstand that I HAVE NO OBJECTION TO PEOPLE PLAYING TOGETHER. What I oppose is using those groups to create imbalanced teams. If you want to regroup once in a match that's fine, but stacking a raid of R90s to pug stomp causes uneven teams and breeds many of the problems that plague CQ. Do you want to get better? Have a team of five friends join other factions, fight it out and learn from that experience. People learn nothing when all you do is massacre opposing teams in seconds.
    You can make a PM your self to fight these other PM's; but then again, you don't have anyone that will join you, so all you can do is QQ on the forums and hope Trion will bend the current system around you.

Kittyhawke,

I think I uncovered your issue in conquest: http://i.imgur.com/e0vbdIL.jpg

I know conquest feels like pve, but you still should use pvp gear.

I'm sorry if I come across as a bitter person. I may dislike a few people, but I don't think that's any different than anyone alse who posts here. Some of my posts may be interpreted as aggressive, but in my opinion they were in response to multiple condescending comments by a select group of people determined to annoy and insult me. I'm not perfect and I've said some things that I regret, but certain people continuing to taunt me does little to ease the tension.

This is an example of why I post as I do. Some people just have to continue to assault anyone who dares to think differently from what they want. The comment about me becomes personal, and only serves to piss people off.

I think you need a virtual hug! *hug from hkisbad* Chin up little feller

I heard trion is going to put friends to queue with on the virtual store...aveleys will cost 295.
    Last edited by RainDogs; 07-16-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    You can make a PM your self to fight these other PM's; but then again, you don't have anyone that will join you, so all you can do is QQ on the forums and hope Trion will bend the current system around you.
    Bend the system around ME? Maybe you should take a step back and read the first post. I didn't ask for anything. All I did was voice my opinion. Is that not what forums are for?

As far as me just hanging out in the forums replying to you and other posters, I do actually spend time in the game. More time, probably, than you do. Quit trying to incite more hate towards others in this thread and try to accept the fact that some people will have opinions that vary from your own. Flaming them for having a dissenting opinion doesn't make you right, it just makes you an *******.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    I think you need a virtual hug! *hug from hkisbad*

I heard trion is going to put friends to queue with on the virtual store...aveleys will cost 295.
    295 credits? I'm too cheap =(

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    295 credits? I'm too cheap =(
    Lol I have patron status.....Liandel goes for 395!

Bend the system around ME? Maybe you should take a step back and read the first post. I didn't ask for anything. All I did was voice my opinion. Is that not what forums are for?

As far as me just hanging out in the forums replying to you and other posters, I do actually spend time in the game. More time, probably, than you do. Quit trying to incite more hate towards others in this thread and try to accept the fact that some people will have opinions that vary from your own. Flaming them for having a dissenting opinion doesn't make you right, it just makes you an *******.
    Kittyhawke chases kids off his lawn with a cane and lives with 15 cats! bitter bitter bitter. I will bring you some meals on wheels gipper!

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Kittyhawke,

I think I uncovered your issue in conquest: http://i.imgur.com/e0vbdIL.jpg

I know conquest feels like pve, but you still should use pvp gear.
    OMFG...

I entered CQ while in the middle of farming infinity stones and forgot to /loadequip 1. Sometimes I forget stuff like that, but THANK YOU for pointing that out, and for throwing the rez my way during that battle. I truly appreciate it.

Also... FIXED
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...pscef56d4a.jpg
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

I just got back from 2 hours worth of mowing my lawn. The entire time I was hoping you'd come back and rant. AND YOU DID!!!! I promise some day you will grow up and be just like all the other adults. Promise.

#diapersaretemporary

Well, I just said that you are QQing on the forums in hopes that Trion bends the system around your complaining, which is obviously what you're trying to do here. I never said you directly asked for a change. To help you in succeeding this matter, I'd like to add on to Raindog's post and say that you will sooner get a change by QQing to one of your 15 cats before QQing to Trion like you're doing right now. Trion has displayed they don't care about PvP so I think your cat will get the job done sooner.

Are those Depends absorbant enough?

OMFG...

I entered CQ while in the middle of farming infinity stones and forgot to /loadequip 1. Sometimes I forget stuff like that, but THANK YOU for pointing that out, and for throwing the rez my way during that battle. I truly appreciate it.

Also... FIXED
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...pscef56d4a.jpg
    Get rid of twyls. It's no longer any good.

Why are you guys still personally attacking me? Is it just because you find joy at pissing people off? Am I not allowed to voice an opinion here?
    Last edited by Kittyhawke; 07-16-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast