Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: so ummmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Sentinel, Chloro, Pyrochon.
    Nerf mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Oh thanks death.

I'm sure everyone will stop playing warriors now because they realize they are gimp. TY for the update brah.

#warriorproblems
    i was just clarifying the #rogueproblems to #allriftclasseproblems
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    Yes it's still efficient to use cc in rift, but they limit you extremely and the dr system doesn't really allow you to do a lot. I mean if someone gets squirreled and hit out/breakfree/cleansed they literally can't be cc'd by anything other than a root for seven seconds.
    But I think that is exactly what can make using your CC at the right time more crucial. If you can layer CC on someone from full to zero, that's kind of silly IMO.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Nerf mages.
    That was totally my takeaway, too. Filthy skirt wearers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    But I think that is exactly what can make using your CC at the right time more crucial. If you can layer CC on someone from full to zero, that's kind of silly IMO.
    Not really if it's preventable if you play right. Besides, rift allows specs to have 3-4 break frees sometimes and your innate break free gives a short cc immunity, on top of a random cc putting people on an insanely stupid dr system, skillfull cc quickly becomes lucky random stuns.

Some PA's even have stun reduction I'm pretty sure.

You can't even cc effecitvely as a dom, a class based entirely around cc. Break frees everywhere, and all of your hard controls are cleansable.

I'm not saying rift can't be fun, it's definitely a fun casual game for a lot of people. It just doesn't leave a lot of room for anything much more than lots of healing, lots of damage, and the occasional 2.5 second stun on a person at 20% hp.
    Last edited by mistacrowley420; 07-14-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    You get a break free.

You get a break free.

Everyone gets a break free.

Daglar confirmed Oprah 2014.

tfw Oprah ****ed this game.
    omfg dsglhdf i forgot about that

Not really if it's preventable if you play right. Besides, rift allows specs to have 3-4 break frees sometimes and your innate break free gives a short cc immunity, on top of a random cc putting people on an insanely stupid dr system, skillfull cc quickly becomes lucky random stuns.

You can't even cc effecitvely as a dom, a class based entirely around cc. Break frees everywhere, and all of your hard controls are cleansable.
    So you feel there should be no diminishing returns then? Or how would you smarten it up? I think it works pretty well (when it isn't broken ).

You edited Crowley. I, too, think RIFT is fun. It has a low skill ceiling and I think for a F2P, it still offers quite a bit.
    Last edited by Flair; 07-14-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    So you feel there should be no diminishing returns then? Or how would you smarten it up? I think it works pretty well (when it isn't broken ).
    That's fine if you prefer it, bores me though. CCs should be seperated into different categories though; things like fears being on the same dr as mezzes(beast master sleep, bard coda), stun category, transmogrify on it's own dr. Break free shouldn't have an immunity attached either.

That would be a start, other things that might be overkill in this game but work in other games are reduced durations too. Such as if you are stunned once, instead of being immune til the DR is up, the next stun is half durations, and then 1/4 duration, and then it would be fully on dr.

What this does if you're playing with others is allow you to follow other people's cc up with your own. Say a mage squirrels someone, if they break free out you could stun them out of it, or follow it up after the duration instead of them being immune to everything after squirrel. Would reward people for paying attention to cc chains, and make people conserve their break free and use it smarter. As it stands a lot of people just have break free in their spam macro and probably often use it on a root or something, and aren't really punished for this type of play.

Also passive cc like assassin poison permanently snaring you is a stupid mechanic, and root having no dr as well.

This is more what I would've enjoyed when I played, although I doubt something like this would work now.

That's fine if you prefer it, bores me though. CCs should be seperated into different categories though; things like fears being on the same dr as mezzes(beast master sleep, bard coda), stun category, transmogrify on it's own dr. Break free shouldn't have an immunity attached either.

That would be a start, other things that might be overkill in this game but work in other games are reduced durations too. Such as if you are stunned once, instead of being immune til the DR is up, the next stun is half durations, and then 1/4 duration, and then it would be fully on dr.

What this does if you're playing with others is allow you to follow other people's cc up with your own. Say a mage squirrels someone, if they break free out you could stun them out of it, or follow it up after the duration instead of them being immune to everything after squirrel. Would reward people for paying attention to cc chains, and make people conserve their break free and use it smarter. As it stands a lot of people just have break free in their spam macro and probably often use it on a root or something, and aren't really punished for this type of play.

Also passive cc like assassin poison permanently snaring you is a stupid mechanic, and root having no dr as well.

This is more what I would've enjoyed when I played, although I doubt something like this would work now.
    I have been informed several times that playing with others (premade) is frowned upon in random WFs. So while your ideas are elegant and engaging, they don't fit with what the "majority" wants. All that said, I am one of those crazies that solo queues and tries to work with whatever she gets. I guess you'd say, I just roll with the punches. So if Daglar came in tomorrow and said he was going a more hardcore route, and wanted to go with your ideas, I'd buckle up and go for the ride.

It's not only for premade honestly, it would just be obviously easier to coordinate it that way. Would still be possible as the unspoken solo queue hero of rift.
    Last edited by mistacrowley420; 07-14-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    i was just clarifying the #rogueproblems to #allriftclasseproblems
    Oh it's all class problem now? Great deflection p90 warior.

And yet the all class problems seem to only benefit one class.

Conspiracies abound.

#followthefotm

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Oh it's all class problem now? Great deflection p90 warior.

And yet the all class problems seem to only benefit one class.

Conspiracies abound.

#followthefotm
    Which class does it benefit? do tell. which class can't be purged? i also have a p90 mage too but what does that have to do with anything?

it's funny when rogues say warriors are Fotm next you will be saying I am only playing a mage because it's Fotm. All the other classes are fotm except rogues right
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

snip...skillfull cc quickly becomes lucky random stuns.

Some PA's even have stun reduction I'm pretty sure.

I'm not saying rift can't be fun, it's definitely a fun casual game for a lot of people. It just doesn't leave a lot of room for anything much more than lots of healing, lots of damage, and the occasional 2.5 second stun on a person at 20% hp.
    This sums it up. I've left other MMO PVP because there were TOO MANY CCs and stuns and combat devolved into who had more CC/break free abilities, and LULZ STUNLOCK BURST YOU DOWN GG /TEABAG situations. That is bad design on one side of the spectrum.

Rift PVP suffers from the opposite -- not enough smart CC thanks to lazy DR timer design...CC is not being allowed to be used intelligently. It's a series of random IMMUNE messages most of the time.

If done right it could spice up the PVP game...which I think is being stupidly ignored by the Devs. People out there want good pvp...there is a market for it; crowds with $$ to spend on their characters just waiting for someone to give them a reason.

But why do that, that takes effort...just make some RNG Depleted Supply Crates, slap 'em on the Rift Store and go grab a beer...

I had fun in PvP when the strongest nuke in the entire game that took over 50% hp on a bad day had a 1.5s stun, 10m KB, and 1.5s vision blur.

That is how mages should roll, and why I am a rogue .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    i also have a p90 mage too but what does that have to do with anything?

Made out of guilt, obviously.

I keeed.

I'm sober now but to sum up:

I say it wouldn't surprise me if purge didn't work on warriors because it's rift's golden child.

You say purge works on warrior.

I say (in my drunken way) they still op.

U say I have a mage which makes warriors not op and nobody plays warriors because they are not fotm.

I say they still op.

You say rogues are racist against warriors.

I say I'm biased against bad class balancing.

And the cycle continues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast