+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: so ummmm

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    If our dots don't require CP or from stealth, I'd be fine with them being cleansible. More finishing blows on the subject since most people don't cleanse often.

hmmmm, first, I have an R90 rogue, I'm aware they require CP stealth or stealth cd use. You do 1 attack per combo point gen for every warlock dot I cast, then on top of build up damage get to cast a uncleansable finisher. on a 1 sec gcd, so lets pretend u r bad... thats 6 cp total assuming no double points builders for 6 seconds. As warlock I cast a hardcast dot... lifeleech, so thats 1.5 secs, then need to inst cast about 6 more dots at 1.5 secs gcd, thats can actually be cleaned off faster then applied since most 61 healers can cleanse at a 1 sec gcd rendering my dps to 0, while all of the sins dps is maxed. So the advantage distinctly lies with sins on this one. Warlock is just one example, but every mage and cleric dot to my knowledge (im sure im forgetting a few) is cleansable.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    hmmmm, first, I have an R90 rogue, I'm aware they require CP stealth or stealth cd use. You do 1 attack per combo point gen for every warlock dot I cast, then on top of build up damage get to cast a uncleansable finisher. on a 1 sec gcd, so lets pretend u r bad... thats 6 cp total assuming no double points builders for 6 seconds. As warlock I cast a hardcast dot... lifeleech, so thats 1.5 secs, then need to inst cast about 6 more dots at 1.5 secs gcd, thats can actually be cleaned off faster then applied since most 61 healers can cleanse at a 1 sec gcd rendering my dps to 0, while all of the sins dps is maxed. So the advantage distinctly lies with sins on this one. Warlock is just one example, but every mage and cleric dot to my knowledge (im sure im forgetting a few) is cleansable.
    Other than phys, who can cleanse in 1.0 gcd? Liberator?

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Other than phys, who can cleanse in 1.0 gcd? Liberator?
    Sentinel, Chloro, Pyrochon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    Thats where you start throwing neddras torture into the mix. Or I tend to 5 stack a pet(dark touch, neddras grasp, life leach, necrosis, Atrophy) and spread(radiate death) from it then start stacking neddras torture and the unspreadable ones on the guy dispelling. That way you start with 5 dots on him. Lock is all about finding the 1 person or pet not getting cleansed most of the time.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-14-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I disagree; it's more boring when the only counter for anything is "loldps". That's how PvP was before 2.7, and it sucked.
    I been around since 1.3, I know how pvp's been through the time. It frankly is mostly the same, just some souls were more powerful at times. Meh, CC is like 1 player forced to hit pause and the other gets free shots. Kill me when I can hit my keys, react faster and kill me faster. DPS is action. CC is a paused game. I think that is sucky and boring~
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I been around since 1.3, I know how pvp's been through the time. It frankly is mostly the same, just some souls were more powerful at times. Meh, CC is like 1 player forced to hit pause and the other gets free shots. Kill me when I can hit my keys, react faster and kill me faster. DPS is action. CC is a paused game. I think that is sucky and boring~
    I get that as a playstyle preference, if we're talking about pvp being dynamic though you're really only acknowledging cc in it's most basic form; one player using a cc and the other not playing.

In games where cc is more accepted and important it adds another aspect to the game: Cleansing certain ccs, line of sighting the casts of ccs, interrupting ccs/using abilties to prevent cc on yourself. Also for the people using the cc it adds a level of teamwork to chain ccs together, and another thing to keep track of being drs.

Sitting out in the open doing damage is just the simplest thing ever.

I've had experience with CC like you describe in paragraph 2. It's goofy in this game though. Why does my BD have 3 good CC's that all trigger the same DR? I can't even lay out a slick execution of it intertwined with damage if I wanted to. Well, I guess if I wait for my own DR timers, but, at that point the order of execution is not in my hands.

Standing out in the open and doing damage is easy, but being the better one at doing it is where the curve comes in. Someone is going to die first. I used to be an utter parse geek, not everyone is equal, that is for sure. There is definitely a huge array of how much damage people can dish in a period of time from person to person.

MMO's have a highly dynamic premise though, you can go a billion ways in theory discussion. I've always said, I don't mind some of the lighter CC. Some good KB's, roots, snares and such are fine. It's the toon breaking stuff that annoys me is all.

It's the same reason why I hate purges. I remember throughout all the years of doing PvE raiding, there was one set of trash mobs you had to kill (like 20 - 25) that would cast an aoe purge constantly. Out of doing countless raid zones for so many years, never had a portion of raiding been so boring and un-fun. Purges are just annoying to me. Like I say, just kill me, don't purge me and leave me standing.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    why are bladedancer rhythmic abilities purgeable? i mean, warlords buffs aren't even purgeable, why are the core CDs to the soul purgeable.
    Rangers dps buff are purgeable too (like it even matters our buffs don't even reach our pets because they have such a small range). I mean who does that? Makes a ranged class that's depended on pets for dps and then doesn't let the buffs stick to the pets (Because the pets move too far out of range).

It's brilliant. It's a joke, an awesome ironic joke. This game is a joke and we are the punchlines.

Why is it such a big surprise that warriors arn't purgeable. I mean warriors are the golden child of rift.

so ummmm-2014-07-14_00001.jpg

BD is an example of how an actual melee class should work. High dps / low survivability.

This game = No soul synergy, no dependency, no cooperation. Just a bunch of trolls face tanking everyone in pvp.

It's a joke, a blind man can see this game only has a few viable soul setups.

But this is all f2p so I can't really complain. I'll just keep drinking my beer, play my gimp ranger and watch these "skillful" pvpers in action.

Cheers.

PS *Sorry if I offended anyone I'm drunk*
    Last edited by Talzoor; 07-14-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Rangers dps buff are purgeable too (like it even matters our buffs don't even reach our pets because they have such a small range). I mean who does that? Makes a ranged class that's depended on pets for dps and then doesn't let the buffs stick to the pets (Because the pets move too far out of range).

It's brilliant. It's a joke, an awesome ironic joke. This game is a joke and we are the punchlines.

Why is it such a big surprise that warriors arn't purgeable. I mean warriors are the golden child of rift.

Attachment 19167

BD is an example of how an actual melee class should work. High dps / low survivability.

This game = No soul synergy, no dependency, no cooperation. Just a bunch of trolls face tanking everyone in pvp.

It's a joke, a blind man can see this game only has a few viable soul setups.

But this is all f2p so I can't really complain. I'll just keep drinking my beer, play my gimp ranger and watch these "skillful" pvpers in action.

Cheers.

PS *Sorry if I offended anyone I'm drunk*
    Sigh Every warrior buff is purgable except for 2 stances in warlord. Veils aren't purgable on chloros either. Nerf chloro's? Warlord Surges can be purged (so 20% damage loss and 25% attack power and 25% wep damage) and the downside is it takes attack points to get them back up not just an easy 1 GCD rebuff like any other class. Every class deals with purges warrior included. Some like mages just deal with them better because they have things like 5 stacks of blood pact to go thru to get to the good buffs. They can dummy stack buffs better.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    Sigh Every warrior buff is purgable except for 2 stances in warlord. Veils aren't purgable on chloros either. Nerf chloro's? Warlord Surges can be purged (so 20% damage loss and 25% attack power and 25% wep damage) and the downside is it takes attack points to get them back up not just an easy 1 GCD rebuff like any other class. Every class deals with purges warrior included. Some like mages just deal with them better because they have things like 5 stacks of blood pact to go thru to get to the good buffs. They can dummy stack buffs better.
    Oh thanks death.

I'm sure everyone will stop playing warriors now because they realize they are gimp. TY for the update brah.

#warriorproblems

Why does my BD have 3 good CC's that all trigger the same DR? I can't even lay out a slick execution of it intertwined with damage if I wanted to.
    Odd that you are bringing up that you can't 'stunlock' someone to death when you don't like being CC'ed yourself. I can't imagine that standing there banging away at each other is compelling gameplay in your mind; compared to having CC, counters, purges, etc. Although balancing all of it is another story.
    Last edited by Flair; 07-14-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

I've had experience with CC like you describe in paragraph 2. It's goofy in this game though. Why does my BD have 3 good CC's that all trigger the same DR? I can't even lay out a slick execution of it intertwined with damage if I wanted to. Well, I guess if I wait for my own DR timers, but, at that point the order of execution is not in my hands.

Standing out in the open and doing damage is easy, but being the better one at doing it is where the curve comes in. Someone is going to die first. I used to be an utter parse geek, not everyone is equal, that is for sure. There is definitely a huge array of how much damage people can dish in a period of time from person to person.

MMO's have a highly dynamic premise though, you can go a billion ways in theory discussion. I've always said, I don't mind some of the lighter CC. Some good KB's, roots, snares and such are fine. It's the toon breaking stuff that annoys me is all.

It's the same reason why I hate purges. I remember throughout all the years of doing PvE raiding, there was one set of trash mobs you had to kill (like 20 - 25) that would cast an aoe purge constantly. Out of doing countless raid zones for so many years, never had a portion of raiding been so boring and un-fun. Purges are just annoying to me. Like I say, just kill me, don't purge me and leave me standing.
    CC has always been extremely ******ed in this game, but sorry I disagree with damage completely. Attacking people with dps priorities/rotation is the simplest thing in every mmo I've seen. A lot of people have trouble with it, but it's still pretty much the simplest thing you could be doing. There is just a big difference between a player who can do damage, and a player who can do a lot of damage, cc in burst windows, know the drs of his ccs, position properly to avoid dying and eating burst interfering ccs, and very well kill their target in some sort of cc(mainly a stun) preventing defensives.

Rift PvP is primaily based around no cc, and mass amounts of damage and healing spamming, that is why warfronts are filled with the players that are in there. Well, that and conquest.
    Last edited by mistacrowley420; 07-14-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    Rift PvP is primaily based around no cc, and mass amounts of damage and healing spamming, that is why warfronts are filled with the players that are in there. Well, that and conquest.
    You're right, RIFT PvP can definitely be brute forced--but that isn't the most efficient or satisfying way to play it.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    You're right, RIFT PvP can definitely be brute forced--but that isn't the most efficient or satisfying way to play it.
    Yes it's still efficient to use cc in rift, but they limit you extremely and the dr system doesn't really allow you to do a lot. I mean if someone gets squirreled and hit out/breakfree/cleansed they literally can't be cc'd by anything other than a root for seven seconds.

You get a break free.

You get a break free.

Everyone gets a break free.

Daglar confirmed Oprah 2014.

tfw Oprah ****ed this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast