+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: pm's extending wf's to farm

Yeah I was on the receiving end of this. Died once. Noticed the pattern (people still wanted to try pve instead of group up and pvp on our side).

So I watched the pilot episode of "Under the Dome" on my second screen while the massacre commenced.

pm's extending wf's to farm-2014-07-11_00001-mini.jpg

It sucks but it happens in every game and it's not going to stop. It's a great way to farm favor and still secure a win.

I'm not gonna lie if I am in a tight premade (or just a good pug) I'd want the same. Farm that favor baby!

/flex

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    what do you get out of extending WFs to even farm well? (lol just sit in cq)
    sick burn

solo queued forum pvp

1vx

freelancer gear

no cq power

all day

everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    me: Why are you holding that stone?
    someone else: To stop the other team from scoring.
    me: How about you man up, score for us, and rinse/repeat?
    If it is a close game I am all for a player holding the south stone if their team controls both the bridge and church.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    It was pretty funny watching bads die like 30 times in a warfront. I think if I died that much in game I would die IRL.
    Think about it. It's really the fault of the people feeding.

For instance in my WF multiple people (including me) said. "look they are farming you."

Yet people still ran in 1 by 1 and kindly offered up their favor.

If you are being farmed the two best options are:

1. FORGET about pve and group up (You are more likely to get some kills and maybe rally).

2. If you are totally out classed and no option to win and they are gonna hold the relics etc. Don't engage them at all (either by leaving or staying out of combat range). It's a classic reverse troll. They will be more pissed then you and less likely to try that crap in the future if they know it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    Wow that is terrible. It has happened twice to me as of late in kridge where they will not turn in the part. I usually do not mind premades because they will win fast and with dignity but a new breed the last couple days.
    when my fail team in karthan starts saying things like "just let them win", I switch to a void knight spec, sit around the corner on the wall over looking mid, and pull the carriers off the cap and punt them down to mid.

this might be what you are seeing. its not that they wont cap. its that they cant. and the bads who wanted it to be over either get farmed, or get a quitter debuff.

I greatly dislike people who queue pvp but quit when it gets hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

That's when I soul recall and log out.

All objective items should start to kill you like the Library ones do after being held for x minutes.

Rift Disciple

When cheat engine was leveling all our members to 90 we would always hold onto the stones in whitefall, karth and scion just to keep the warfronts going for the full duration to farm.

I remember one scion where we had over 500 kills.

first, who is cheat engine? you are the only person ive ever seen with that guild tag.

second, what a jerk.

It was pretty funny watching bads die like 30 times in a warfront. I think if I died that much in game I would die IRL.
    This is why a simple 90 degree turn from my PC has party favors ready to burn. Just gotta tap that space bar time to time.

You know what they say, burn 'em if you got 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    If it is a close game I am all for a player holding the south stone if their team controls both the bridge and church.
    It's all played by ear. Most certainly times when hogging that stone is a highly viable strat. Like you said, it's the hold all 4 part.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-13-2014 at 05:35 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    sick burn

solo queued forum pvp

1vx

freelancer gear

no cq power

all day

everyday
    For the heck of it, when you make these lists, you should start adding in

No mouse

175 ping

Let's go for the gusto.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

why do you pick up stones in close matches now? wouldn't you want to extend the close match? oh right you struggle vs decent pugs and want the match to end asap
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-13-2014 at 06:35 AM.

I wish I could extend Conquest. That would be extending the fun!

Rift Chaser

I haven't seen this happen very often anymore. It used to be a common thing a few years ago. pre-cq.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    I haven't seen this happen very often anymore. It used to be a common thing a few years ago. pre-cq.
    Faction isn't a factor in WF queues anymore so being farmed by premades has become a universal experience. Conscientious PUGs will often object and end the match. Plus, back then Warfronts were the best source of favour and prestige. The rewards for WFs are pitiful these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Faction isn't a factor in WF queues anymore so being farmed by premades has become a universal experience. Conscientious PUGs will often object and end the match. Plus, back then Warfronts were the best source of favour and prestige. The rewards for WFs are pitiful these days.
    This big time, I don't even get the point of "farming favor" in WFs. It's such a slow gain of favor. You are way better with a swift win and hopping in the next most often. Or if you really want favor, do the dailies every day, and stack the vials when you turn them in. Or just hit CQ often and roll with zergs. Sometimes you'll get that crappy group, but even solo queueing, you have a good chance to land on a team that will be rolling parties over.

Never got the point in making WF's an annoying proccess these days for the sake of something you can do way more efficiently in other ways.

And as I originally said, it is embarrassing being on a team purposely stalling a game. I don't enjoy rolling with a bunch of lame players who resort to crap tactics. To me stalling the game might as well be the same as team killing (or if it is disabled purposely knocking your team off the edge in FPS days), or straight up hacking. At the core of it all you are ruining the game for your personal illogical enjoyment. Not my crowd.

Only time I really support exploits is in PvE. The bosses don't care, devs should have been more creative ;).
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-13-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    At the core of it all you are ruining the game for your personal illogical enjoyment
    This ^
    /10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast