+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How to be really annoying in Rift, a video

Default How to be really annoying in Rift, a video

The concept was a max CC tank spec that could get in and out of the front and this works pretty good. Plenty of toughness, a trollerrific portal escape, three stuns and of course two squirrels to keep random dps happy. No heals, no dps, just HP and CC.

S key works great for keeping people in view for spamming tab by the way.

Yes I spam squirrel and lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Ascendant

I think the point was lost on me. You are squirreling a guy already holding the rune and doing pointless stuff while being healed.

I can see how it could be effective. I just don't think the first minute of what I watched shows effectiveness; just the opposite.

Now if you had the rune and were keeping others from doing anything to you...that would be a different show. Maybe do a couple more wf's and capture something where your spec made a difference. Protecting healers from those nasty dps for example or something.

^agreed, all I saw was a tab targeting fool, ignoring healers, doing zero damage or heals and generally contributing nothing to the match or objectives. The title fits though, carrying you was probably really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I think the point was lost on me. You are squirreling a guy already holding the rune and doing pointless stuff while being healed.

I can see how it could be effective. I just don't think the first minute of what I watched shows effectiveness; just the opposite.

Now if you had the rune and were keeping others from doing anything to you...that would be a different show. Maybe do a couple more wf's and capture something where your spec made a difference. Protecting healers from those nasty dps for example or something.

The first minute was pretty weak because there just weren't enough people to keep in CC and have it do anything interesting. After that though it was doing everything it was supposed to do. I hate library with a passion, I refuse to play it the way they want so that's what was up with the runes, personal weirdness.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

You have summed up Rift PvP with a single 4 minute video.

It's perfect.

I hate Library as well. Dom/Dex maps or go home.
    Last edited by ConclusionTheFirst; 07-12-2014 at 05:26 AM.

giving tanks an instant poly makes sense in rift though

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    giving tanks an instant poly makes sense in rift though
    One person gets it?
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    You have summed up Rift PvP with a single 4 minute video.

It's perfect.

I hate Library as well. Dom/Dex maps or go home.
    I can't kite in there so I pretty much hate it. I used to pick up the stones but once I saw nobody else ever did I thought why die for them, why win for them, why do anything for people who won't do it for themselves. Healing sucks anyway, I never like it, so to be in a spec I don't want to be in, in a map I don't want to be in, playing for people who won't play for the team, happened enough I have one strat for that map now, stay alive until the end, nothing more.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post

I don't think I'd be annoyed by this either. I wish every enemy player did random stuff in every warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    I don't think I'd be annoyed by this either. I wish every enemy player did random stuff in every warfront.
    The match started with our DPS complaining about their heals being OP and their healers even mocked us for complaining. When I get home, I will post the screenie of that little exchange. Those healers all died repeatedly after that. We went 49-6.

Friend me for the day, don't worry, you don't need to talk to me and you can unfriend me right after, its just so that you can find me tonight. Lets play 10 games and of those games we can compare notes.You tell me how you like having your targets in stunlock 50% of the time. In fact, anyone that wants to get some easy KBs, I would be happy to show off what this does for cross healers.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Prophet of Telara

I use a cast @focus macro and use a dps or hps meter to squirrel top dps and healers. It is very effective and easily the best shut down class in the game. Use shift + F to gain new focus so you can keep two players or a main player and tab fodder in check. This video didn't really show doms true cc potential in the right hands but even at a lower skill cap it is really potent in this spec. Not that you were bad just not the best video to post about its potential.

I guess trion removed pain armor. Obviously no one would play a dom without it, so must be a ninja nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    I use a cast @focus macro and use a dps or hps meter to squirrel top dps and healers. It is very effective and easily the best shut down class in the game. Use shift + F to gain new focus so you can keep two players or a main player and tab fodder in check. This video didn't really show doms true cc potential in the right hands but even at a lower skill cap it is really potent in this spec. Not that you were bad just not the best video to post about its potential.
    I use three target macros, and the the other team's healers were marked for my macros. You can see my target macros in the video in the middle of my bars.You can see proof they are being used at about the three minute mark. Mark 2 who was around a corner and out of my LoS wasn't targeted and I still found and CCed him. I got caught up on the vase because I used a charge stun but the CC landed and that's all I needed it to do. Target macros are the key to CC imho. I may randomly spam squirrel dpsers but the healers are under macros.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I guess trion removed pain armor. Obviously no one would play a dom without it, so must be a ninja nerf.
    Tank spec, it does about 300 damage. I used it in the video its just not worth it. Did you actually see it and this is just sarcasm?
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Tank spec, it does about 300 damage. I used it in the video its just not worth it. Did you actually see it and this is just sarcasm?
    A bonus to mana drain really isn't worth it. Guess that would require you to actually do something useful though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast