+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Describe how each healing soul plays at the moment

Default Describe how each healing soul plays at the moment

Hey guys, looking to get back into rift and I want to play a healer in pvp. My main was a chloro, which I liked in pve but struggled with in pvp. I also have a 50 rogue.

Questions:
    1) How does each healer play in pvp? I like offensive healers over defensive, and ranged over melee.
    2) Is the physician a full-on healer? As in, not just a glorified support. How does it play? (HoT/Shields, mobile/immobile, burst heal/sustain, etc.)
    3) Who do you prefer to have healing you at the moment?
    Last edited by Reicta; 07-11-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reicta View Post
    Hey guys, looking to get back into rift and I want to play a healer in pvp. My main was a chloro, which I liked in pve but struggled with in pvp. I also have a 50 rogue.

Questions:
    1) How does each healer play in pvp? I like offensive healers over defensive, and ranged over melee.
    2) Is the physician a full-on healer? As in, not just a glorified support. How does it play? (HoT/Shields, mobile/immobile, burst heal/sustain, etc.)
    physician is probably the best st healer in pvp right now, chloro is good but no where near the survivability as physician.

Prophet of Telara

Clerics run faster out of their resource but they have more defensive cooldowns and bonus break frees.

Physician have fast energy regen but no bonus break frees or defensive cds.

Chloro can offer nice supportive abilities and good heals but lack strong self heals so you cant face tank like with Clerics or Physician.

Liberators are good in 15+ vs 15+ scenarios and only when you dont spread, weak ST heals but no problems with resource regen. (at least from my experience)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Clerics are the most versatile (Sent, Puri, Defiler; Warden sucks) but their specs are vulnerable to resource denial and attrition. Physician is the most well-rounded individual healing soul, doesn't have much in the way of weaknesses, and it's super-easy to play. Chloro relies on other people to keep them alive but can be very effective as a support healer, especially to a Cleric, and takes the most finesse to pull off well. Liberator is pretty bad.

Plane Walker

Rogue healer is OP.
    Cleric healer is very good.
    Warr healer, dunno, think Ive never seen one.
    Chloro sits at graveyard most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    Rogue healer is OP.
    Cleric healer is very good.
    Warr healer, dunno, think Ive never seen one.
    Chloro sits at graveyard most of the time.
    Ouch, that bad huh?

Ouch, that bad huh?
    haha you would respond to the one troll post in the thread

Best heal for competitive pvp:

1. Druid and Ranger tie for epic heals to their pets.

2. Chloro having the most HP = Extremely strong healing.

3. OP clerics with endless mana, 20 000 mana is impossible to drain compared to energy or power on a rogue or warrior.

Physicians don't even make the list, basically unplayable due to slow energy regen, lack of saves and low hit points.

Physician>Defiler>Sent. Everything else is a waste of raid slot in pvp... no idea about pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Physician>Defiler>Sent. Everything else is a waste raid slot in pvp... no idea about pve.
    Haha puri is still awesome(but I don't top scoreboards!!!!)

Chloro can still pump out insane heals it's just more of a support healer since they are squishy

Perfect raid comp for me is defiler puri physician chloro. Can replace physician with sent

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Perfect raid comp for me is defiler puri physician chloro. Can replace physician with sent
    5 wardens+15 dominators..... perfect raid comp))))

Questions:

1) You press buttons.
    2) Green numbers appear.
    3) Magic.

wowowowowowowwowoowow

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I've been really liking my time back with Rift so I may splurge and buy the new souls just for physician. I've been missing my saboteur and bard anyway! It's nice to see that rogues seem to be viable healers.

I tried pvping on my 50 chloro today and it was still fun, but since it's no longer level cap I can't compare.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I've been really liking my time back with Rift so I may splurge and buy the new souls just for physician. I've been missing my saboteur and bard anyway! It's nice to see that rogues seem to be viable healers.

I tried pvping on my 50 chloro today and it was still fun, but since it's no longer level cap I can't compare.
    Chloro's aren't bad. they just aren't as good as phys or cleric. My advice play what you feel like a challenge play a chloro. If you like easy ST healing play a phys. If you want a bit of variety and dynamics play a cleric. Lib is frustrating but you can make it work especially if other healers look out for you.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Haha puri is still awesome(but I don't top scoreboards!!!!)

Chloro can still pump out insane heals it's just more of a support healer since they are squishy

i think a lot of people underestimate Puris because they are looking at scoreboards. Best shielding and cleanses in the game.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast