+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Describe how each healing soul plays at the moment

Puri, Sent, Physician, and Defiler are all very good healing souls. And the true power comes when you synergize them correctly. I think Sent and Physician stand best on their own if they must though. Puri and Def seem a bit slower to react their heals (but defiler can spike big heals often, but with 2 GCD's usually and puri can provide mechanics to degrees no other healer can, pure HP extension when you are shielded with full HP). And when they regen mana they become much more squishy. But mixed with the right healing party, puri and defiler still offer things no other heal soul can touch. Lots of the healing souls work that way.

I would even say more AoE focused heal roles, like support bard, Chloro, Tactician, Liberator, Warden have their place, but I would mark them as a second line of healing roles to be filled. Once you have solid enough single target healing, there comes a better time to just have some AoE healing present. Or you just get ST healing blowing ST heals on the same target making it redundant. But of course no, without the presence of the strong ST healers, an AoE healer merely extends someones life (which in some situations is enough to win) whereas the ST healers can really sustain you alive for a while. My friend who rarely plays is r41 in all blues. He was queueing with me and in some cases doing top DPS by a couple 100 thousand and actually keeping me alive, or limited to 1 or 2 deaths while playing BD. This is exactly why I don't beleive this, X heal soul isn't viable or, it takes months to be useful. BS. I just had an r41 player be useful (lol, guy had 21k hp in heal spec. Logs in just about never). But, what can I say, it's a player from my X-ww firsting guild. Every player in that guild could smash and perform toons better than almost anyone. Best dirge WW.

It just makes me laugh when I see truly good MMO players play this game. They can make any soul with the worst of gear execute better than the average player with a tinge of orange to their set. It's scary. So, the bottom line is, you can make any heal soul useful just about, just know its time and place.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-12-2014 at 12:35 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Though I see these warrior heal soul abilities. It getting slapped with the stigma of an "aoe heal soul" I think is letting it fly under the radar a bit. It has some nice abilities.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I been playing Puri for the last month and I have the most fun with it atm , I really don't care about numbers , brought healing back to fun for me cuz spam debilitates just piss me right off

Quote Originally Posted by dongaconda View Post
    I been playing Puri for the last month and I have the most fun with it atm , I really don't care about numbers , brought healing back to fun for me cuz spam debilitates just piss me right off
    Based on threads I understand how obsessed this community is with raw numbers and no backstory or context to explain them or lack of.

Puri combined with any other healer is probably one of the most powerful things you can do next to pair with a defiler.

I think good main healers are like - Sent, Physician (Sent has better CDs by far but physician doesn't suffer the ability to be drained so easy. Though their main healing is where their power is at, their CD's are not hardcore abilities to rely on for major crutches, ie. they are no alien or 40% damage reduction.)
    Amazing synergy healers to go with the above two - Defiler/Puri/Liberator
    Healers to add in when above two bases are covered - Bard(good heals for having the buffs they do), warden, Chloro.

Simply IMO though. I think people underestimate the power of strong shielding though and therefore underestimate a soul that is nearly dedicated to it. You can take all the heals in the world, but nothing legitimately extends your theoretical HP pool but shields. That is why it is such a king healer bring its synergy with to another solid healer of the raw heal numbers type.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2