+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: PactGaming - Second Tournament Ideas

Telaran

Default PactGaming - Second Tournament Ideas

Hey everyone! We're about to launch our PVP 1v1 tournament of course tomorrow as a lot of you know.

Afterwards, PactGaming is going dark for a little bit to help with some family emergencies.

In the meantime of this period, I'd like to open the thread of tournament Ideas.

Ive seen 3v3, Ive seen even bigger, etc. I had a few Ideas that I would simply love to see, and get your opinions, as well hash out some details and maybe help build to next Rift FOCUSED tournament. (meaning prizes dedicated to a date specifically for rift, and not all the games we do at once which is why we forced a 1v1 in the first place.) SO, to get bigger prize pools, we will - WE WILL - be doing Rift focused scheduled tournaments with no other game interruptions.

So, I really want to see a Free For all! 1v1v1v1 Round ups. So a four person or 3 person battle, last man standing kind of thing. For points, or for kills? I knwo this huge battle in our thread was balance issues so what do you guys think ?

GvG(vGvG?)- Im sure there is already a function for this, but I'd love for us to start signging up guilds and their teams to play for "titles" - win some free stuff, and Maybe we'll make something special for the guild leaders!.(up to four guilds at once?) - this comes down to the Flag cap in a PVP dimension which im unaware of, please let me know if you do!

Im aware of the CC issue with FLoating obstacles, and large wall pieces, but if they fix that id love to see a sky arena, set as a jumping puzzle - battling on "floors" in the sky in attempts to knock the other person off - so you would build a CC spec, to compete - in attempts to throw them off the map - can someone say, king of the hill? This would be a time limit, and whoever is still up there during the timer going off, takes the lead - or something freakin' sweet like that.

Give some ideas! Those tournament listings above, are drafts of things we do plan to do! Hope to see you in tomorrows stream, and there is still time to sign up! Pactgaming.com/tournamentrift
    Proud RIFT Tournament Host
    Follow Twitter/pactgaming
    Roster:
    NEW TOURNAMENT COMING SOON

3v3 in my opinion is the most entertaining form of arena style pvp, 5v5 too, but much more difficult to get participants for due to team size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Prophet of Telara

5vs5 (with 2 healers max) or 4vs4 (with 1 healer max) would be nice to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Whoever can cap the most extractors in CQ.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Whoever can cap the most extractors in CQ.
    heh, why not whoever can stack more raids? ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    3v3 in my opinion is the most entertaining form of arena style pvp, 5v5 too, but much more difficult to get participants for due to team size.
    I agree it is entertaining, but what about something new???

Opinion on the listed ideas?
    Roster:

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    5vs5 (with 2 healers max) or 4vs4 (with 1 healer max) would be nice to watch.
    Been done hasnt it??? If not, why not?! Throw me some more details.
    Roster:

Quote Originally Posted by PactGaming View Post
    I agree it is entertaining, but what about something new???

Opinion on the listed ideas?
    Some of the ideas require coding, as they don't exist in game currently, but if you want to diversify the team sizes, then 4v4, or 2v2, cant say I like the idea of guild vs guild, would be difficult to get that many people participating. So long as its small scale death matches, I think would be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Some of the ideas require coding, as they don't exist in game currently, but if you want to diversify the team sizes, then 4v4, or 2v2, cant say I like the idea of guild vs guild, would be difficult to get that many people participating. So long as its small scale death matches, I think would be enough.
    not worried about the difficulty! It comes down to the interest.

as for the ideas that require coding which ones?

the 1v1v1v1 is just using the 4 faction flag packs.

the GvG etc, is based on guild members as a team with a cap
    Roster:

Ascendant

I always thought a random build game would be fun. What I mean by this is:

Pick your five players. At the beginning, before the match starts, each team is given the same composition requirements. i.e. 1 healer per team, 1 support soul of 40 points minimum, 2 dps, and 1 of anything excluding a healer which would be 30 points into a heal soul. The support can be heals or whatever, but must be considered support (archon, bard, oracle, etc..). No full heal specs with 15 subspec that make it look support as well.

Teams have 5 minutes to make their builds. Each round a new prerequisite is given.

Alternatively each player can be assigned (at random) a role. Player 1 (name) is a full healer, subspec of your choice. Player 2 (name) is a full dps, subspec of your choice, Player 3 is a full support, subspec of your choice. Player 4 is a hybrid of anything. Player 5 chooses his role but it cannot have any healing souls at all.

Would be challenging in a new way, and people can't just choose their comps and go in. Would add a whole new degree of difficulty, and you would want player skill variety, not just "we have the best two healers so its a win for us" situation. Those two healers might have to go dps.....

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I always thought a random build game would be fun. What I mean by this is:

Pick your five players. At the beginning, before the match starts, each team is given the same composition requirements. i.e. 1 healer per team, 1 support soul of 40 points minimum, 2 dps, and 1 of anything excluding a healer which would be 30 points into a heal soul. The support can be heals or whatever, but must be considered support (archon, bard, oracle, etc..). No full heal specs with 15 subspec that make it look support as well.

Teams have 5 minutes to make their builds. Each round a new prerequisite is given.

Alternatively each player can be assigned (at random) a role. Player 1 (name) is a full healer, subspec of your choice. Player 2 (name) is a full dps, subspec of your choice, Player 3 is a full support, subspec of your choice. Player 4 is a hybrid of anything. Player 5 chooses his role but it cannot have any healing souls at all.

Would be challenging in a new way, and people can't just choose their comps and go in. Would add a whole new degree of difficulty, and you would want player skill variety, not just "we have the best two healers so its a win for us" situation. Those two healers might have to go dps.....
    That sounds hella frustrating to keep track of!We need to ensure people follow the rules. Think simple! I like the uniqueness of the idea, but We have to be able to trust the players, but to do so with out confusion and making sure everyone's following the rules.
    Roster:

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by PactGaming View Post
    That sounds hella frustrating to keep track of!We need to ensure people follow the rules. Think simple! I like the uniqueness of the idea, but We have to be able to trust the players, but to do so with out confusion and making sure everyone's following the rules.
    It would need to be put together and presets already on paper to make it flow. Planning is what it would take.

You could simplify it and set up a tournament such as stating what each player needs to bring so that sub par pvp souls get used.

For example: 1 bard (40 points minimum), 1 Rift Blade, 1 Chloromancer (no dom points allowed), 1 purifier, and one dps of any choice. Etc...

You would just have to ensure you don't make really bad setups so that the heals really outweigh the dps and the games go on forever. You could even set it up so that in consequent rounds they will be forced to switch it up. Just use the same callings with different sets. Its more of an all-around competition of skill rather then who can play the best souls with the best synergy.

This would make it so players who actually play sub par pvp souls get to shine at their roles and going in with the best preset comp isn't what wins it.

Setting it up beforehand would also give players a little time to get used to souls they dont normally play, and would be quite funny watching PM's running a non FOTM comp to get used to them. Challenging for everyone.

Edit: Add a BD into one of those comps so Dakkotta can shine.

Rift Disciple

havent you learned yet that there is only like 10 people interested in rift pvp contests?

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    havent you learned yet that there is only like 10 people interested in rift pvp contests?
    What's your point? Those 10 people can't enjoy themselves?
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    Actually i learned quite the opposite. Out of all the games we did tournament from, Rift had the largest audience of over 25+ Watchers at one given time. I also learned that each one of these watchers wished to contact me for future contests including the GvG concept, meaning much larger scale battles in the future.

I've also learned, to not get in the way of AOE of a capped toon at level 42 while running around naked to control spectate.

In the meantime of all our future set ups, do feel free to join us as you seem to be one of these 10, consdiering you troll around the PVP forums preying on people trying to put stuff together, in some kind of hopes to rise above. It's okay. You can play with us if you'd like. We don't mind. I'll leave a spot open just for you in the next one!
    Roster:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast