+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: PactGaming - Second Tournament Ideas

Here's an idea: hold it on pts. I'd actually patch rift again for a little fun.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by eniac View Post
    On Points?? or is PTS abbreviation for something else?

Elaborate!
    Proud RIFT Tournament Host
    Follow Twitter/pactgaming
    Roster:
    NEW TOURNAMENT COMING SOON

Quote Originally Posted by PactGaming View Post
    On Points?? or is PTS abbreviation for something else?

Elaborate!
    Public Test Shard - basically, a seperate server (and download) of Rift that they use to test new code. For example, you can play the new Storm Caller for Mage (that will be released to the live server on Wednesday).

Kind of a beta test playground.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    Public Test Shard - basically, a seperate server (and download) of Rift that they use to test new code. For example, you can play the new Storm Caller for Mage (that will be released to the live server on Wednesday).

This, and it's an environment where both NA and EU players have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post

Unless it's pvp then we are the beta testers when it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Read the combat log.

http://i.imgur.com/lYzJ2II.jpg

BD is bad...

...and nobody wants your autograph, because you're a nobody, so it's worthless.

See, the difference is, BD can hit that high while people actually have gear on. Well, not 26k, but 5 digits.

To say BD is bad, is to admit you are bad yourself. Hate to say it though, I am far from nobody. Not Fatal1ty, but, to say I am unknown well, you'd have to walk in my shoes and see the hollars I get from the past ;).
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-15-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

See, the difference is, BD can hit that high while people actually have gear on. Well, not 26k, but 5 digits.

To say BD is bad, is to admit you are bad yourself.
    If I'm so bad, then how come you can't accept my duel challenge?

Hate to say it though, I am far from nobody.
    You are a nobody who posts nonsense on the forums. You lose round one in 3's, and wont even show up to a duel tournament because you're scared. You are nothing.

Not Fatal1ty, but, to say I am unknown well, you'd have to walk in my shoes and see the hollars I get from the past ;).
    Stalking girls from video games would definitely bring up hollars from the past, and I wouldn't be so proud of it if I were you...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    If I'm so bad, then how come you can't accept my duel challenge?

You are a nobody who posts nonsense on the forums. You lose round one in 3's, and wont even show up to a duel tournament because you're scared. You are nothing.

Stalking girls from video games would definitely bring up hollars from the past, and I wouldn't be so proud of it if I were you...

i accept your challenge moirg, name the time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    i accept your challenge moirg, name the time and place.
    Well I didn't challenge you (unless you're Dakkota), but that's still ok, always looking for fights. I can go really at any time until this Saturday. Just PM me in game or on these forums. The place will just be my blank Edge of Infinity dimension which is perfect for duels. Anyone else is welcome to join.

I wouldn't ever really want to do it on the PTS because I'd rather have current live specs and current live gear/stats.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I wouldn't ever really want to do it on the PTS because I'd rather have current live specs and current live gear/stats.
    we wouldnt go into PTS because its an additional Download, not the live un bugged game, and we only are looking at US - MAINLY, to reduce shipping costs for prizes. If we get a EU player in teh US side somehow, then cool np, but we dont want an EU focus starting out.
    Roster:

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    Well I didn't challenge you (unless you're Dakkota), but that's still ok, always looking for fights. I can go really at any time until this Saturday. Just PM me in game or on these forums. The place will just be my blank Edge of Infinity dimension which is perfect for duels. Anyone else is welcome to join.

no, the location will be tempest bay, so everyone can watch you die.

Quote Originally Posted by PactGaming View Post
    we wouldnt go into PTS because its an additional Download, not the live un bugged game, and we only are looking at US - MAINLY, to reduce shipping costs for prizes. If we get a EU player in teh US side somehow, then cool np, but we dont want an EU focus starting out.
    These shouldn't be any issues, for the pts client you can merely duplicate your live client, replace the patcher with the pts patcher, patch a few minutes and you're done. The pts is not more or less bugged than live too, and only very rarely will changes being tested there influence your live builds, since these are mostly made to unpopular souls not being used on live anyway. I've spent days there playing with and against NA players and the epxerience doesn't really differ from live that much. If you want to ship physical prices, that's another thing, rex and shopitems on the other hand are really easy to hand out (since the store works cross-region).

If you still don't want to that's okay, just wanted to point these things out.

Telaran

These shouldn't be any issues, for the pts client you can merely duplicate your live client, replace the patcher with the pts patcher, patch a few minutes and you're done. The pts is not more or less bugged than live too, and only very rarely will changes being tested there influence your live builds, since these are mostly made to unpopular souls not being used on live anyway. I've spent days there playing with and against NA players and the epxerience doesn't really differ from live that much. If you want to ship physical prices, that's another thing, rex and shopitems on the other hand are really easy to hand out (since the store works cross-region).

If you still don't want to that's okay, just wanted to point these things out.

Yes, with our current situation we dont have a work around for possible price increases on physical Items, so on. We plan to do so in the future though so maybe a PTS based Tourney then!
    Roster:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3