+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: PactGaming - Second Tournament Ideas

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    It would need to be put together and presets already on paper to make it flow. Planning is what it would take.

You could simplify it and set up a tournament such as stating what each player needs to bring so that sub par pvp souls get used.

For example: 1 bard (40 points minimum), 1 Rift Blade, 1 Chloromancer (no dom points allowed), 1 purifier, and one dps of any choice. Etc...

You would just have to ensure you don't make really bad setups so that the heals really outweigh the dps and the games go on forever. You could even set it up so that in consequent rounds they will be forced to switch it up. Just use the same callings with different sets. Its more of an all-around competition of skill rather then who can play the best souls with the best synergy.

This would make it so players who actually play sub par pvp souls get to shine at their roles and going in with the best preset comp isn't what wins it.

Setting it up beforehand would also give players a little time to get used to souls they dont normally play, and would be quite funny watching PM's running a non FOTM comp to get used to them. Challenging for everyone.

Edit: Add a BD into one of those comps so Dakkotta can shine.
    Oh dont get me wrong, it MAKES perfect sense. The ISSUE - is trolls, and cheaters. it is not possible for us to ensure - they followed the builds given, or listened at all to the ruling of their set ups. Thats the only real issue, and its such a big issue that if someone went their own way and won - the whole system is then broken, and we'd never know they cheated.

Too risky for something worth money or prizes.
    Proud RIFT Tournament Host
    Follow Twitter/pactgaming
    Roster:
    NEW TOURNAMENT COMING SOON

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post

Edit: Add a BD into one of those comps so Dakkotta can shine.
    I don't think I would play BD in small scale stuff. I have tried it, and it can pull off some kills if you land stuff right. But it is more better played out when you can take full advantage of the powerful AoE it packs. Which I think without execution of its powerful AoE, it becomes a watered down Sin with spikier hits, but less reliable ones, and no drains.

The last time I remember using BD in a 5's I was the only one who grabbed a kill ;). Think I got some Fated Blades crits on a healer and took 'em out. But that is banking on like a 15% or less chance. But hey, I love playing 9/10 of the rogue souls. I always tell people I'm down for any of them. 13 roles so far, a couple variances of a few. Make use of each as a main soul except Tactician.

edit: apparently I just need to know better what time this stuff happens. Silly me for missing last one.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-15-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I don't think I would play BD in small scale stuff. I have tried it, and it can pull off some kills if you land stuff right. But it is more better played out when you can take full advantage of the powerful AoE it packs. Which I think without execution of its powerful AoE, it becomes a watered down Sin with spikier hits, but less reliable ones, and no drains.

The last time I remember using BD in a 5's I was the only one who grabbed a kill ;). Think I got some Fated Blades crits on a healer and took 'em out. But that is banking on like a 15% or less chance. But hey, I love playing 9/10 of the rogue souls. I always tell people I'm down for any of them. 13 roles so far, a couple variances of a few. Make use of each as a main soul except Tactician.
    Lol BD

edit: apparently I just need to know better what time this stuff happens. Silly me for missing last one.
    No, you "conveniently" missed the last tournament, you would have got beat along with anyone else, and I'm happy to prove this any time. If you beat me, you can have my PactGaming apparel as if you won the tournament. I'm not referring to you going 61 physician, and attempting to kill you, that's just stupid, I'll do it as well. See who's viral infection hits more.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    Lol BD

No, you "conveniently" missed the last tournament, you would have got beat along with anyone else, and I'm happy to prove this any time. If you beat me, you can have my PactGaming apparel as if you won the tournament. I'm not referring to you going 61 physician, and attempting to kill you, that's just stupid, I'll do it as well. See who's viral infection hits more.
    No, I forgot it was even happening and was out that night. I wasn't keep tabs of the dates carefully and thought it was at the end of the month, so I wasn't checking. Stop your man crush for me, and hone your BD skills.

Not sure what you are proving - that you are more l33tz0r than me or something in theory? Lack of proof != proof. Good luck trying to convince a blonde. I just see a player with little versatility then parameters and clauses for a 1 v 1 - Which brush shoulders with excuses. I was the same way when I was your age.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-15-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

No, I forgot it was even happening and was out that night. I wasn't keep tabs of the dates carefully and thought it was at the end of the month, so I wasn't checking. Stop your man crush for me, and hone your BD skills.
    Lol BD, theres a reason nobody runs it, period. Lol AoE.

Not sure what you are proving - that you are more l33tz0r than me or something in theory? Lack of proof != proof. Good luck trying to convince a blonde.
    Lack of proof not = to proof? That's why I challenged you to a fight, and instead of accepting, you just ignore the challenge like everyone else.

I'd also like to add that your nonsense on the forums is giving me a headache, and nobody cares to read it. You have over 10,000 posts, and nobody cares about any of them; it's all garbage.

--

Littlebluepill.
    Last edited by Moirg; 07-15-2014 at 08:43 AM.

You seem pretty upset towards me. Sorry I hit your Cheerios.

And I am not sure how you interpreted by != part. I think you messed up though. You didn't challenge me. In fact, I challenge other people. I been offering up 100p if someone can just solo my Physician. Nerfshot came pretty close. Another warrior failed 2 - 3x in a row and to this day still sends me rage tells. The duel was like 2 weeks ago. Good gosh, guy loses a duel against a powerful heal soul and all of a sudden I am his public enemy #1.

Also, when you say "lol aoe" in reference to bladedancer. That is the hugest red flag you have probably never even loaded the spec. Because then you would discover with the proper temps up, BD aoe's can land harder than many DPS rogue souls finishers. Repeatedly. You say Lol BD, but all I see is rogue ignorance.

I have no idea who you are, we have never spoken, and you have this odd man crush on me. Get over me, please. You are just quoting me to argue non-sense. Like down-talking a highly viable spec. Grasping at straws dude.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-15-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You seem pretty upset towards me. Sorry I hit your Cheerios.
    Still not accepting the challenge. Scared scared scared.

Edit: Now that I think about it, why would you sign up for a 1v1 tournament, and then be scared to accept a 1v1 challenge? Again, you "conveniently" missed the tournament.
    Last edited by Moirg; 07-15-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    Still not accepting the challenge. Scared scared scared.

Edit: Now that I think about it, why would you sign up for a 1v1 tournament, and then be scared to accept a 1v1 challenge. Again, you "conveniently" missed the tournament.
    I signed up for it because it was fun sounding. I missed it because I forgot about it. Get your ego out of here, I am not the annoying one. 100p to take out my Physician though. Risky bet for a guy with 140 plat.

But on the real, you don't even know me and I don't even know you. Why do you have this passion for me in particular? If it makes you feel better to say I purposely missed a tournament I signed up for because I thought it was fun, well that is illogical. If I planned on skipping it I would have said take me off the roster. You are 16, I get it, when I was 16, video gaming was my life and I'd never missed an appointment for something like a tournament. I'm 27 now and RL is just much more tolling than it was when I was a HS junior. Maybe when you are nearing 30 you will get that people have lives and do forget about simple things like video game tournaments.

To share reality, I woke up late that day, (I sort of partied the night before) and did my normal forum reading. And found the tournament started 1 1/2 hour ago. I just thought. AWw crap.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-15-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I signed up for it because it was fun sounding. I missed it because I forgot about it. Get your ego out of here, I am not the annoying one. 100p to take out my Physician though. Risky bet for a guy with 140 plat.

lol you are so pathetic

"1v1 challenge in phys"

srsly, how terrible r u?
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    lol you are so pathetic

"1v1 challenge in phys"

srsly, how terrible r u?
    I don't know, if you have to insult someone I think the term belongs to someone else.

You can take it or leave it, It's a bet I've been running for a few weeks now (has nothing to do with this, just my personal interest). I just want to see if it's done since people say it is impossible. Like I say, this is not a 1 v 1 game and not balanced a single bit around it. QL is f2p, and a perfectly balanced 1 v 1 game. I'll give you a week, and you can fight me in a real 1 v 1 game and I'll show you what it's like to get served when skill is the only thing you can fall back on. With pleasure ;). Until then, take up my personal bet, or just let it go. Can't believe I am lowering myself to logically disassemble a couple of egotistical 16 year olds. If I have any hindsight on myself, I was ignorant as hell at that age and nobody could tell me otherwise. Think I see the trend. Sporadic posts semi rage induced over someone you don't even know on a 1 on 1 basis.

My challenge is clear, 2 of them. Balls in both y'alls courts. Take the Physician, or take a real 1 v 1 game. I accept my inherent love of the game would make it unfair, hence I am rusty, and I'll give a weeks worth of practice.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-15-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I don't think enough people play Rift PvP for a 1v1 to happen.

I don't care about the spec (BD), play it if you enjoy it, that's what the game is about. However, BD is not viable.

--

@100p to take down your physician: It is impossible for anyone to 1v1 a physician in decent gear who isn't an idiot. The only chance is paragon, but once you break the 35k hp mark it is impossible. The fact that nobody can kill you in this does not make you good, nobody can kill me or anyone else in this either, It's broken. If you think derping around in a 61 healing soul is a duel, you're even more delusional than you have let on.

--

I have no idea who you are, we have never spoken, and you have this odd man crush on me. Get over me, please. You are just quoting me to argue non-sense. Like down-talking a highly viable spec. Grasping at straws dude.
    Liar or Alzheimers? This is why nobody even reads your posts anymore. Not only are they not truthful, but they are the ones that don't make sense. I challenge you, and you ignore me, and here's a conversation of you spouting out nonsense directly to me, but wait... we've never even spoken! You don't know me!

http://i.imgur.com/8oVSnJF.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZIbhr7V.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/MVRWvrH.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9i2Bl7Y.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/slwPWXX.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VcmPpPC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/SIBNtvM.jpg

For further proof, viewers are welcome to head over to DYER to view our recent clash, but then again, we've never spoken, so it must not exist!

--

Littlebluepill

I'll send an autograph someday.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

I'm not usually one to hop into the flame, but I cant ignore a chance for a good fight.

Set up the time, and the date, I'd like to stream the fight.

Put your money where your mouth is! Plat up!

also there is plenty of rift players, the forums are just not as active to find them. Just keep your eyes open for us while we work out way through our current dark spot.
    Proud RIFT Tournament Host
    Follow Twitter/pactgaming
    Roster:
    NEW TOURNAMENT COMING SOON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast